• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

S

Sgt Slaughter

BSHS 17 v IGS 17

BSHS 3 and 13 were standouts, Yr10 Trey Soli younger brother of Xavier Soli (former NC 1st XV) did a very good job at 6 for BSHS - IGS 8,10 and 15 were standouts.

S

Sgt Slaughter

BSHS v NC this Friday

BSHS had their full squad train today for the first time this year, still no contact for some but a good sign nonetheless - this group of boys won the GPS U15 comp back in 2017 be interesting how they stack up this year.

Does anyone know what the NC team are looking like this year?

melomvp

Allen Oxlade (6)
BSHS v NC this Friday

BSHS had their full squad train today for the first time this year, still no contact for some but a good sign nonetheless - this group of boys won the GPS U15 comp back in 2017 be interesting how they stack up this year.

Does anyone know what the NC team are looking like this year?

I thought bbc won the under 15s comp in 2017, regardless state high will test all there competition and could cause some major upsets this year.

S

Sgt Slaughter

I thought bbc won the under 15s comp in 2017, regardless state high will test all there competition and could cause some major upsets this year.

They were Runner Up behind IGS in 2016 Coach by Matt Thornton (exNC 1st XV Coach) - Winners in 2017 Coached by Brett Picone. Heres hoping they are unestimated like the class of 2016 that won the comp.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
They were Runner Up behind IGS in 2016 Coach by Matt Thornton (exNC 1st XV Coach) - Winners in 2017 Coached by Brett Picone. Heres hoping they are unestimated like the class of 2016 that won the comp.
Under 15 - 2017 (win-loss)

BBC 8-0
IGS 6-2
NC 5-3
BSHS 5-3

Definitely not to be taken lightly though. Plenty of dangerous players for BSHS in this cohort.

S

Sgt Slaughter

Under 15 - 2017 (win-loss)

BBC 8-0
IGS 6-2
NC 5-3
BSHS 5-3

Definitely not to be taken lightly though. Plenty of dangerous players for BSHS in this cohort.

Sorry I stand corrected - just check the results Runner Up 2015 - GPS U14 Winners 2016

Means absolutely nothing I know but it’s interesting how quickly the tides change as BBC were not that competitive in 2016

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
^27-19
Around 8m of highlights are still on youtube. Reaffirms the memory of being there that it was a good hard game that was there for the taking by either team - same as the Club games between these boys in that year - Jeeps and Riverside - with Jeeps beating Riverside through the regular season comfortably enough - but the Grand Final , again , capable of going either way but with Jeeps taking it with a try on full time.
2016 was the year it all evened up and the early growth factor started to mean a lot less.

In 2017 - BSHS definitely gave BBC their 2nd toughest game behind NC who really stepped up significantly over that 12 month period

Another interesting chapter with plenty of challenges for all these young men this year that have been playing against each other for 4 years - hope its a great year for them all to finish well together

I guess my final tip before the season starts is that I think TSS will be everyone’s toughest challenge

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Well said GO. This GPS cohort has been impressive, and a fierce battle over the years. Great rivalry. Leading into preseason games with names on paper I thought the top 4 teams were a given, but seeing these teams on the field I might retract. As I said earlier, TSS always pull a rabbit out of their hat, and this year seems to be no different. It’s going to be a great year of rugby.

G

GingerBreadCrab

Well said GO. This GPS cohort has been impressive, and a fierce battle over the years. Great rivalry. Leading into preseason games with names on paper I thought the top 4 teams were a given, but seeing these teams on the field I might retract. As I said earlier, TSS always pull a rabbit out of their hat, and this year seems to be no different. It’s going to be a great year of rugby.
TSS made a mistake by playing a full strength team at trial time against the team who will be their biggest rival. Getting a victory in a trial while giving away all their structure and secrets. I’d be surprised if TSS make the top 4. GT to finish last and the butcher stripes to tear everyone apart for the third year in a row.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
So Crab .....

You obviously have NC in 1st

Who do you have in the rest of your order if you reckon TSS will struggle for Top 4 and Terrace will be taking it up .......er........I mean bringing it up the rear ?

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
TSS are looking good. Probably playing full strength team because their serious about the season and creating good form. Seriously, this is schoolboy rugby, what coach doesn’t want too see how their best team can perform in trials.

S

Sgt Slaughter

For mine ;

1 - BSHS
2 - TSS
3 - BBC
4 - NC
5 - GT
6 - IGS
7 - TGS
8 - Churchie
9 - BGS

#BlueRedBlue

3rd onwards will be extremely close in my opinion :)

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Will be at Tennyson tomorrow to check out the BBC v GT game. I'm tipping Terrace forwards to terrorise the massive but apparent slow pack of BBC.