• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 2 2020: NSFW Waratahs vs Auckland Blues

NSFW Waratahs vs Auckland Blues

• Go Blues

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Go Waratahs

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • either team would be lucky to finish 3rd in this one

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • do I HAVE to watch this rubbish?

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • prefer not to say

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • i love pole

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
interesting to see you make a rare post away from the schoolboys page. It's yet another one slamming the selection of Will Harrison and pushing this 'unnamed' other Randwick player.

Perhaps someone you coached at Waverley?

What premierships has this kid been winning for his club?
remembering of course that this is men’s footy.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
I'm reluctant to put in Hunt in the same bucket as some of the others (Staniforth hasn't been offering a whole lot more than Simmons- two new locks would be great) as his effort and intensity is still top notch, though he has been making pretty frequent errors recently. From all accounts, he's positive in a team environment and a committed trainer. It's a real shame that we never had Hunt at his athletic peak.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'm reluctant to put in Hunt in the same bucket as some of the others (Staniforth hasn't been offering a whole lot more than Simmons- two new locks would be great) as his effort and intensity is still top notch, though he has been making pretty frequent errors recently. From all accounts, he's positive in a team environment and a committed trainer. It's a real shame that we never had Hunt at his athletic peak.

I am unabashed Hunt fan but yes would admit he is past his peak and on the decline. At this point to suggest the Tahs could easily go out to the open market and recruit someone at least equal to Hunt's calibre is just not reflecting the reality that Tahs not been a favoured destination cf say the Brumbies which have a better track record of developing players. Hunt is still a good Super Rugby standard player (at least in the mid range calibre still at this point).

Same with Simmons where renown for his lineout capabilities but yes general play not so much - although I still think Simmons been good signing for the Tahs. Oz rugby and in particular the Tahs just does not have the star power to easily find willing recruits that are high calibre and can fill the gaps. Efforts to bring home skelton were made and that would have been great signing but that failed.

I just think many are not accepting the reality that current status quo of investing more in youth is right way to go but got to have experienced hands mixed amongst this and not a treasure trove of quality experienced players knocking down the door to play at the Tahs.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I've had my say fwiw. Just my opinion after all. But if the Tahs decree that they are better off persisting with the current crop, including the fading stars, then so be it. I know that I cannot get enthused at all about the Tahs even when playing international teams with the likes of Simmons and Beale still calling the shots (firing blanks that is).

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I've had my say fwiw. Just my opinion after all. But if the Tahs decree that they are better off persisting with the current crop, including the fading stars, then so be it. I know that I cannot get enthused at all about the Tahs even when playing international teams with the likes of Simmons and Beale still calling the shots (firing blanks that is).

BR I think the Tahs would happily swap their roster with Brumbies roster any day of the week....bit like they would have welcomed Frost with open arms but he chose the Brumbies...we were also saying on Reds threat we would happily take the
Brumbies recruiters....

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Was pleased the way Perofeta went too Kiwi, and with Telea going well, is meybe just maybe a tiny bit of depth starting to show. Geez Ranga Robinson went well when he came on, he doesn't know how to hold back does he?

Yeah Robinson is the exact type of player the Tahs need - just a hard working high energy forward who physically is able to match it at this level. I like the idea of Robinson at lock as it allows Papalii to be on the field at the same time.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Pole looks to be winding up:
either team would be lucky to finish 3rd in this one: 16 votes.
BEHOLED THE PROPHECY.

Neither team knew how to win.

Blues did their usual brainless stuff-ups once they went into panic-mode having realised that - OMG this other team doesnt know how to win either, that means its now up to OUR TEAM, THE AUCKLAND BLUES RUGBY TEAM, to win the rugby football match - and yet Loss Bleus STILL won the game, going away, despite having NO IDEA how such things work.

Is is BAD, NSfW, it is really, really bad.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
I must have watched a different game. Hunt was the one bloke who never gave up biggest ticker on the field. Looked dangerous every time he got the pill. Turn your eyes to the turgid pigs for your scorn.

The saddest thing for me was the woeful crowd. No wonder NSW never travel outside of Sydney is this is the turnout you can expect. Yeah it was fucking shite weather but still if you're a footy supporter in the area you turn up for your state FFS.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I must have watched a different game. Hunt was the one bloke who never gave up biggest ticker on the field. Looked dangerous every time he got the pill. Turn your eyes to the turgid pigs for your scorn.

The saddest thing for me was the woeful crowd. No wonder NSW never travel outside of Sydney is this is the turnout you can expect. Yeah it was fucking shite weather but still if you're a footy supporter in the area you turn up for your state FFS.

Why waste money on overpaid show ponies with comparatively poor skills. I'd rather take that coin and go to my local club games and give them the money. I am not talking Shute type club either. There I can see blokes and women and kids playing for the love of the game, with comparatively good skills (for people who train at best twice a week for a few months of the year). There I get to watch some good rugby, have some real footy food and support the real grass roots.

My only attendance at any Pro level rugby has been my yearly weekend trip with Five Amigos and the rugby is secondary to the tour really.