• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 at Eden Park 18/10/20

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Seems like the usual story: lost touch on the scoreboard, chasing the game with high risk passing. Handling is always bound to suffer.

I don’t think Korobiete’s handling had much to do with the game situation.

Most of the poor handling wasn’t from unexpected or poor passes I thought.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
if possible, Kerevi at 12, paisami was hopeless, if not, TK back to 13, To'omua is the only defender in the oz backs it seems, can't just depend on him, personally wanna see a better lock, a rodda? and a stronger 8, Wilson to 6.

Kerevi who's played next to no high level Rugby of late?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Next game is in two weeks, quarantine period is two weeks... Surely if anyone was coming from OS we'd know by now? Are any OS based players in Aus already?

EDIT: Kerevi is in Osaka today. So he won't be playing.

Highkicks

Herbert Moran (7)
Are we really singling out individuals missing tackles in that one? Clarke broke at least 10 on his own. Pretty sure Barret beat the entire team in one run and had started doubling back around for seconds before he tripped over himself.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
It was't what he did right that was the issue (becuse there were some really nice plays and passes at times), it was some of his decision making and what he did wrong. There were some god aweful passes and a pretty pointless kick. Maybe Noah wouldn't be a step up, but if To'omua out it's worth a consideration.

The kick midfield made my blood boil. But I wouldn’t sack him over one bad kick. It will be telling if they bring Kerevi into the team. If he comes in, I think JOC (James O'Connor) is retained. In saying that I think JOC (James O'Connor) plays best in the two playmaker setup, he was good with Stewart at the Reds. Maybe a few weeks of tweaking the game plan to suit the changes will help. I don’t expect to see Paisami in the team.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Next game is in two weeks, quarantine period is two weeks. Surely if anyone was coming from OS we'd know by now? Are any OS based players in Aus already?

As I understand it the release window doesn't begin until the 24th, so I can't see anyone coming in from OS in time for even the last Bledisloe, given there will be no time to train.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
The kick midfield made my blood boil. But I wouldn’t sack him over one bad kick. It will be telling if they bring Kerevi into the team. If he comes in, I think JOC (James O'Connor) is retained. In saying that I think JOC (James O'Connor) plays best in the two playmaker setup, he was good with Stewart at the Reds. Maybe a few weeks of tweaking the game plan to suit the changes will help. I don’t expect to see Paisami in the team.

Yeah, just realised next game in two weeks, so that's a bit of time to adjust things, review who needs to fix what.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I notice Banks topped the ‘most runs’ stat. I’d be interested to know how many metres he made, would be lucky to break single figures. He plays a good kicking game but has no impact with his running game at this level.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
As I understand it the release window doesn't begin until the 24th, so I can't see anyone coming in from OS in time for even the last Bledisloe, given there will be no time to train.
Yeah that’s true, I didn’t consider it in the context of the shortened RC. Keep that rule up our sleeves for next year and develop the local fellas.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I notice Banks topped the ‘most runs’ stat. I’d be interested to know how many metres he made, would be lucky to break single figures. He plays a good kicking game but has no impact with his running game at this level.

As Fatprop says hes a hole runner, he cant beat a man liKe DHP.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Next game is in two weeks, quarantine period is two weeks. Surely if anyone was coming from OS we'd know by now? Are any OS based players in Aus already?

This is the Australian government with a major sporting event on the line. Strings can be pulled.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yeah that’s true, I didn’t consider it in the context of the shortened RC. Keep that rule up our sleeves for next year and develop the local fellas.

Yeah, the only reason I can see them doing it is as part of a pitch to get someone to sign up with a super side next year. Don't think there are many off contract for that to be an option, but COVID may have opened the door there.