• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 at Eden Park 18/10/20

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
Also why the fuck did we turn down 2 kickable penalties when the margin was no bigger than 8.

This is Test rugby ffs
cause they didn't have a decent kicker on, Rennie made ONE big mistakes (he made many in naming the team but one big one) and that was not to start Hodges at 13...had Hodges been there, the wallabies could have kicked their way into contention in the fist half

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
if possible, Kerevi at 12, paisami was hopeless, if not, TK back to 13, To'omua is the only defender in the oz backs it seems, can't just depend on him, personally wanna see a better lock, a rodda? and a stronger 8, Wilson to 6.
My view whilst we rebuild is we allow the 2 extra players playing outside oz every year whilst ABs select only domestic based players. An even contest is what everyone wants and we don’t have depth of nz so let’s be more creative.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Also why the fuck did we turn down 2 kickable penalties when the margin was no bigger than 8.

This is Test rugby ffs

That pretty much sums it up. I think this is a good side with a good coach, but they just need to out their footy heads on. Speccy passes and going for the tap 10m out are for the front foot, not when two scoring plays from the lead.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
I think this game really showed the gulf in class between the outside backs between the two teams, with the two forward packs being close to equal (at least with the starting pack, there was a noticeable drop in class when Simmons and Wright came on).

Despite Koribete's work rate and outstanding rig, nothing about rugby seems natural to him especially the fundamentals of passing and catching. He's been pretty consistent for us but with the availability of Dauguni as a strike-winger, I think it's time to see what Wright can do.

If To'omua is unavailable next week, I think Simone should come into the 12 position, as he's the most like for like replacement. While you might lose some defensive starch, he has more upside in attack. The calls to bring back Kerevi seem premature as ball-playing ability and creativity is what we lacked when To'omua went off- not strong ball running.

I'd be willing to persist with Banks unless DHP is back to full fitness, I'm not convinced Hodge would have done any better.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not getting the hate for wright. I thought he did ok.
Wouldn’t argue if samu came back but I don’t think 6,7,8 is what lost that for us today.
Fair call - he does not deserve hate - he did not lose the game but more what he showed today opened the door for Samu...not to say he could be retained and play a blinder next game but not competitive and many thought Samu unlucky to drop out of 23

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
Needed to score when we're denied twice mid way through the second half. Could have been 20-14. Oh well. Good effort.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Watched the game at the pub just down the road & haven't seen much on here since my post re: PU-J earlier so apalogies if it's already been mentioned but key moments for me were BPA getting pinged for using his knees to get himself within reach of the line & Mo'unga getting under Koroibete. Had either been a try it's a whole different ballgame. But they weren't hence the margin, some Wobs seemed to drop their heads on each occasion. Also, barring injury Clarke owns the 11 jersey until he turns the dreaded 27.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Couple of new players wont fix that performance. Across the board bad decisions were made, terrible hands on a dry track, shocking ruck work.

Its kind of amazing to say it but the only positive out of of that was Hanigan.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Are we really singling out individuals missing tackles in that one? Clarke broke at least 10 on his own. Pretty sure Barret beat the entire team in one run and had started doubling back around for seconds before he tripped over himself.
Yeh that was embarrassing

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Watched the game at the pub just down the road & haven't seen much on here since my post re: PU-J earlier so apalogies if it's already been mentioned but key moments for me were BPA getting pinged for using his knees to get himself within reach of the line & Mo'unga getting under Koroibete. Had either been a try it's a whole different ballgame. But they weren't hence the margin, some Wobs seemed to drop their heads on each occasion. Also, barring injury Clarke owns the 11 jersey until he turns the dreaded 27.

To'omua going off for me was the key moment.