• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2021

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Or maybe just a level of incompetence in our Rugby Administration to rival your standard African dictatorship. It’s not surprising if you can’t be bothered to reference check your CEO’s via their previous employer you are not going to proof read your press releases.

Jeez mate who shat in your bed, it was a News.com article which had the typo, the actual media release by NSW is attached below:

3BDCF2CB-203B-4BBB-BD99-21C170AB740D.jpeg

Alex Ross (28)
Excellent typo in there:

"The Waratahs face the Queensland Reds as part of a trial match in Nairobi on February 5 ahead of the opening round of the Super Rugby Australia in Brisbane against the Reds on February 19."

For Nairobi! For Nairobi! For Nairobi! For Nairobi! La Puta Ama!!!!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Seems my views on prospects for season ahead for Tahs is a populist view. Our new Tahs response is appropriate....been brave person to put money on Tahs to be top 3 finisher in my view but equally a chance to prove the doubters wrong. I hope they do with my heart but my head still sides with the populist view that they could end up being whipping boys but also to qualify unlike last season where force for reasons known were cut below other sides- it is certainly much more even competition this year where harder to pick who will get the wooden spoon.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...ays-new-waratahs-captain-20210121-p56vx3.html

Reactions: TSR

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
As a Rebels fan, I think the Tahs have a better squad than we do (mostly) and likely better coaching.

The Force will be much improved over last season, but I think a lack of depth and team cohesiveness will let them down.

My prediction is that the Tahs will comfortably make 3rd and possibly spring a few surprises on the Reds and Brumbies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
He would almost be qualified for France as well, been over there years
Really? Last night was the first time I heard of him. Impressive that he went straight over and is developing nicely. Paired quite well with Rory Arnold in the row.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Really? Last night was the first time I heard of him. Impressive that he went straight over and is developing nicely. Paired quite well with Rory Arnold in the row.
Apologies I was actually thinking of someone else, the NSW lad who went straight over after school

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Meafou was at the Rebels for a while and played for the Rising

He also was at Warringah in the SS back in 2018 by way of being a Brissy Junior I believe.. Large lad. He played for NSW Country in the NRC too... pretty sure I remember him running around in Coleman's squad.

A lot of these players would be on the identification lists so it's not like the Super Rugby clubs arn't aware of their existance....

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
He also was at Warringah in the SS back in 2018 by way of being a Brissy Junior I believe.. Large lad. He played for NSW Country in the NRC too. pretty sure I remember him running around in Coleman's squad.

Yeah, I have him at Ipswich Grammar in 2015, and then with the Rising in 2017

20150808_DSC_0353.jpg20170930_DSC_0735-2.jpg