• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
“I’m really liking Melbourne, and I’m looking forward to spending the next few seasons here.
Carter Gordon on his move to Melbourne, good to know he's sticking around for a bit. He looks very promising. I like what I've seen of Mason too, hopefully he can bulk up a bit in the off season.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Carter Gordon on his move to Melbourne, good to know he's sticking around for a bit. He looks very promising. I like what I've seen of Mason too, hopefully he can bulk up a bit in the off season.
Almost certain to be contracted to 2023, where he will be able to reevaluate his market value post World Cup

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Article is mostly about the Tahs coaching, but Christy Doran has the Rebels likely to retain Foote as head coach next year:

Meanwhile, the Rebels, who are also on the hunt for a new head coach after Dave Wessels’ departure in late April, are likely to give Kevin Foote the permanent head coaching role.

Foote, who has been the defence coach at the Rebels since 2018, is also well-liked by the Rebels playing group and it’s believed CEO Baden Stephenson will promote him despite their struggles in 2021.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Steve Cummins off to Pau in the top14

1DFE28E9-7C5A-4B68-8AEF-547C957B0914.png

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Nothing against Steve, but swapping him for Mad Matty is a good swap.

Such a smart move for Steve as well, France is where the money is for locks & looks like he as a 3 yr deal at 29 then possibly sneak across to the la giltinis for a bit of fun in the sun & superannuation

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
How good was that try in the 82min. Would love a Top14 game of the week on stan like the top league this season.

That would be amazing. Sunday mornings are great waking up to watch Beale, Fickou and Finn Russell go up against Dupont, Kolbe & Rory Arnold or Latu and Naivalu.

They just signed a deal to broadcast in the UK after a few years of not being on the tele, so maybe they're looking further abroad. Would get a few eyes too with about 60% of the bloody competition being Australian.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
That would be amazing. Sunday mornings are great waking up to watch Beale, Fickou and Finn Russell go up against Dupont, Kolbe & Rory Arnold or Latu and Naivalu.

They just signed a deal to broadcast in the UK after a few years of not being on the tele, so maybe they're looking further abroad. Would get a few eyes too with about 60% of the bloody competition being Australian.

The premiership is on foxtel, i've been enjoying watching that even though Bath have been terrible

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
He's been unreal for Stade since returning from injury. Would be a fantastic signing
He had an absolute ‘mare overnight in the QF. Fucked up a kick reception from an absolutely scintillating break by Kurtley Beale then demolished Beale in a tackle that was a bit off the ground and got YC’ed.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Lomani I believe is fielding offers elsewhere next season. Be interesting to see who is been lined up as a 3rd scrum half. Would be great to see Lomani in the Fijian Super Rugby side

Ben Meehan?