• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah it was mentioned I think by Foote? Or one of the commentators that he's here for next season.
Would make negotiations a lot easier after today as well lol.

I still harbor hope that they can get Leota out of his deal and stay for next year, him and Wells have comfortably been the best players over TT. Add Eloff and Koroibete and would be in conversation for player of the season at the club

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

I still harbor hope that they can get Leota out of his deal and stay for next year, him and Wells have comfortably been the best players over TT. Add Eloff and Koroibete and would be in conversation for player of the season at the club

Think of it as a sabbatical lol.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

Makes sense that Rob was being coy when I asked him about representing Samoa/Australia last week. I assume he was told to hold off on playing for Samoa. Interesting though, I hope he isn't capped once then can never represent Samoa.

I don't think Castres will be too keen to give him up, he's signed to replace their best player, Antony Jelonch.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Makes sense that Rob was being coy when I asked him about representing Samoa/Australia last week. I assume he was told to hold off on playing for Samoa. Interesting though, I hope he isn't capped once then can never represent Samoa.

I don't think Castres will be too keen to give him up, he's signed to replace their best player, Antony Jelonch.

Signed too early, could have got an extra 100k euro's if he gets a cap in the next few months.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
The CO have already found Leota's replacement next season. According to the Midol, Rob Leota will not come to the Tarn next season. While the CO had made a big blow with the arrival of the Australian, the player of the Melbournes Rebels finally decided to stay in the country to apply for the national team. However, the Castres staff have already found Rob Leota's successor for next season. This is the New Zealander, Ben-Nicholas (25), the Higlanders player has even already agreed with the Tarn staff. Good news therefore for CO.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...pas-son-successeur-deja-connu-637657?view=amp

238A5C65-9ACC-43C1-8A9D-D156D899ADC1.jpeg

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
That’s terrific news. Rebels actually have a pretty good roster - although losing Koroibete is a big blow (and chance he has a get out too). Carter Gordon getting some time this year was a real bonus IMO.

I understand the frustration of a lot of fans, but the Rebs had a lot to deal with this year - massive player turnover, bad run with injuries, shocking run with COVID and a coaching strategy that just didn’t work.

Plenty to look forward to if they can keep their squad together.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
That’s terrific news. Rebels actually have a pretty good roster - although losing Koroibete is a big blow (and chance he has a get out too). Carter Gordon getting some time this year was a real bonus IMO.

I understand the frustration of a lot of fans, but the Rebs had a lot to deal with this year - massive player turnover, bad run with injuries, shocking run with COVID and a coaching strategy that just didn’t work.

Plenty to look forward to if they can keep their squad together.

Should have played carter Gordon earlier

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe. Probably even - but as much as it is fun for us to speculate from the cheap seats (and that’s what we’re here for) he is a young 5/8 who has never played pro rugby before.

Maybe he looked relatively comfortable because the didn’t rush him.

I like the look of him though.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Fuck that's brilliant. Good story, doubly happy he's a Melbourne kid through & through. I hope it pays off for him.

Sadly an opportunity that doesn't get presented to most Aus fringe players. He Rob would've been in the Rebels academy set up for over a decade now, always a bench player at best till recently. Now at 25 he's grown into his body (like Philip) and ready to play for gold. Normally by that stage we've lost players to higher salaries overseas like Meafou etc.

Reactions: TSR

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
i had a chat during the year with Baden Stephenson about this. They were confident he could play, he wasnt quite sure himself, and they were anxious about throwing him in too early
My comment probably not useful as at least they did blood him and proven so far promising. This is really good as To’omua really to me always been more a better 12 then 10.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Would love to see some of the young Rebels lads look for deals in the NPC. Just think the opportunity to play at that level would be far better than playing club rugby

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
1 Orr
2 Uelese
3 Eloff/Fa’amasuili
4 Philip
5 Hosea
6 Kemeny
7 Wilkin
8 Wells
9 Powell
10 Gordon
11 Tonumaipea
12 To’omua
13 Magnay
14 Anderson
15 Hodge

For players that are going to be around next year, obviously will change with signings, re-signings, retirements or players offered the option to hopefully
That’s what I came up with off the top of my head
1 Eloff
2 Uelese
3 Pone
4 Phillip
5 Hosea
6 Kemeny/Wells
7 Hardwick/Wilkins
8 Leota
9 Powell
10 Gordon
11 Tonumaipea