• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Would love to see some of the young Rebels lads look for deals in the NPC. Just think the opportunity to play at that level would be far better than playing club rugby
Yep another 20-30k in the pocket as well just to make it that little bit more enticing to stay in Aus.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
What an unbelievable awesome back flip from the great man from the northern panthers! With his running I’d love to see him play more 8 next season & Wells at 6

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
What an unbelievable awesome back flip from the great man from the northern panthers! With his running I’d love to see him play more 8 next season & Wells at 6
Be interesting to see what they do with Hardwick, if he will be offered a deal to stay or not. I can see Kemeny moving into a more 7 than 6 role.

I like Leota in the 6 role as I think he plays more as a hard running lock than a guy capable of playing down the tram tracks.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Be interesting to see what they do with Hardwick, if he will be offered a deal to stay or not. I can see Kemeny moving into a more 7 than 6 role.

I like Leota in the 6 role as I think he plays more as a hard running lock than a guy capable of playing down the tram tracks.

He just hits those lines hard & gives us real momentum like Isi (maybe not quite as good) that wells just can’t do. Nothing against wellsy he is a brick wall in defence but his only go forward is a cut out pass standing on the wing.

It’s going to be a difficult decision you’d think we can’t fit Hardwick/Wikin/kemeny all in the side. No one can jackel like Hardwick though

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

Really? I'm a big fan of Kemeny but I don't see much pilfering in him which we often suffered a lack of. Hardwick provides that needed point of difference.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
He just hits those lines hard & gives us real momentum like Isi (maybe not quite as good) that wells just can’t do. Nothing against wellsy he is a brick wall in defence but his only go forward is a cut out pass standing on the wing.

It’s going to be a difficult decision you’d think we can’t fit Hardwick/Wikin/kemeny all in the side. No one can jackel like Hardwick though

I would love Isi to teach Rob his opportunism. Isi doesn't really run the best lines but he knows when to pick & go. With Rob's acceleration he could be very damaging.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I know the cap is going down again next yr but when you loose 2 wallabies & if DHP goes again you would think its at a reduced rate we should still have a bit of wiggle room in there.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Koroibete has been named the Melbourne Rebels' 2021 Players' Player. He led the Rebels for carries, clean breaks, carry metres and defenders beaten. He's won nearly all Australian player awards. He sounds like he's happy in Melbourne, I hope we see him return in the future.

Michael Wells won the Spirit of Weary Dunlop award which is much deserved as well. Congratulations to both.

https://melbournerebels.rugby/news/...and-wells-honoured-for-stellar-2021-campaigns

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Mosese (I assume that's Moses) Sorovi has been named in the Fijian squad... I didn't realise he was Fijian, I thought he was from Thursday Island. We're swapping one Fijian scrumhalf for another.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
Where did the Sorovi rumour come from?

Would be a good addition, Are we presuming Tuttle is off as well?

I hope we can find another BurnBoy to bring through

Mosese (I assume that's Moses) Sorovi has been named in the Fijian squad. I didn't realise he was Fijian, I thought he was from Thursday Island. We're swapping one Fijian scrumhalf for another.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Leota had signed to play in France and then turned his back on the deal to play for the Rebels and Wallabies

Great news. Smart contract management too. Get a few caps and build your profile then bugger off to earn the euros

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Great news. Smart contract management too. Get a few caps and build your profile then bugger off to earn the euros

I personally think its great he is in the squad but with who else is in the squad I don't reckon he is going to get a cap v France

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I know the cap is going down again next yr but when you loose 2 wallabies & if DHP goes again you would think its at a reduced rate we should still have a bit of wiggle room in there.

On this, I think it would be worth throwing that extra to bring McMahon back to the Rebels. Best back row option available by a long shot.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
On this, I think it would be worth throwing that extra to bring McMahon back to the Rebels. Best back row option available by a long shot.

To play him on the wing? Waste of money with Wells, Leota, Hardwick, Kemeny & Wilkin (unless someone's moving on).

I'd rather put the money towards one of Naivalu, Kerevi, Naiyavoro, CFS etc. I want a big back.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

We already have a stacked loose forwards even without Isi. Philip back pushes Rob to 6 or 8. Wells is now a staple. Hardwick (off contract) is a pure 7. Wilkin is highly rated internally & was in our leadership group & RA have Kemeny in their eyes. I like McMahon but we cant fit him in.