• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds V Highlanders Rd 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

What2040

Reckon this will be a hard fought win - hopefully by Reds - bonus point would be a real bonus

T

TOCC

Jerseys look good, would love to see a retro round introduced into super rugby as well

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
My favourtie Aus team vs my favourite NZ team! Hoping for a cracker of a game. The Clan will be dangerous and if we are off our game they could make us pay by ending our season.

In saying that though, both the Blues and the 'Saders came to Suncorp late in the season last year with big chances to spoil our run to the playoffs and the Reds showed they were every bit up for it. A BP win for the Reds is not out of the question but Quade needs to play the majority of the game. If we fall off like we did against the Rebs in the second half, we will be toast. Go you Reds!!

Reds to win but it won't be decided until the ref calls full time. The Clan to grab a losing BP.

J

Jiggles

Cooper in his cameo last week looked in sublime touch. If the forwards can get on the front foot early and deliver that quick ball we should be able to get some quick points on the board. If the pack is sucked into a slow rough & tumble rumble game, which the Highlanders love up front, it could be a very long night.

I trust Link is a man with a plan for this one.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Looks good until the St George logo! I really hope St George allow for the jersey's next year not to have any form of background. I get that they want their logo to stand out (the St George Dragons jersey's look fantastic), but it just detracts from a great set of work on the jersey's!

Are they going to be auctioned off like the South African ones were to help raise a bit of cash to go back to the community?
I hope so, I am not usually a fan of the Aboriginal designes on jerseys as they never seem to belend in, they just stand out above the jersey. THis one I love. I hope next year they are a Kooga weekly special for $50 like the goat jerseys were this year

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Is Rod Davies injured and if so how seriously?

Hopefully Diggers is on a good course if antibiotics to clear up his cough by Friday.

Edit: Found it - Davies had knee ligament surgery in April, out until Finals.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
F'Sautia trained yesterday so it can't be to bad, they said its better then the first though.

Gill, Robinson, AWH, Lucas and Ioane are the 3 under injury/sickness cloud.

I want to say something about maths, but just can't pick it.,.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
First post in ages ...

This is my grudge match game. Have always had bad luck against Otago and hope it doesn't transpire this week. Here's fingers crossed for the win!!

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
So Liam Gill is definatly out, and Robinson might be aswell. So with no Quirk either, we are looking very thin in the backrow.

6- Higginbotham
7- Shatz
8- Samo

18- Enever
19- Buttler

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Courier Mail reporting today that Gill & Ioane are out. Can't be long until side is announced now.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Highlanders side is out:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/7225300/Highlanders-make-more-changes-for-Reds-game

LATEST: The Highlanders have made two late changes to their team to face the Reds in a must-win game at Suncorp Stadium tomorrow.
Jimmy Cowan replaces Aaron Smith at halfback, with Smith dropping tot he bench, while it is also a direct swap at lock with Josh Bekhuis replacing Jarrad Hoeata.
After losing to the Chiefs last weekend, the Highlanders must win tomorrow night to retain a slim chance of making the playoffs.
Andrew Hore returns at hooker while the Southerners also welcome back English import James Haskell at No 7.
In the backs, Mike Delany will start at first five in place of Chris Noakes while Siale Piutau comes in at centre for Tamati Ellison who suffered a hamstring injury against the Chiefs.
Kick-off is at 9.30pm (NZ time).
Highlanders: Ben Smith, Kade Poki, Siale Piutau, Phil Burleigh, Hosea Gear, Mike Delany, Jimmy Cowan, Nasi Manu, James Haskell, Adam Thomson, Nick Crosswell, Josh Bekhuis, Ma'afu Fia, Andrew Hore, Jamie Mackintosh (capt). Reserves: Jason Rutledge, Chris King, Jarrad Hoeata, Tim Boys, Aaron Smith, Chris Noakes, Kenny Lynn

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
Reds have just announced their team:

1. Greg Holmes
2. Saia Fainga'a
3. James Slipper
4. Rob Simmons
5. Adam Wallace-Harrison (vc)
6. Jake Schatz
7. Beau Robinson
8. Scott Higginbotham
9. Will Genia (c)