• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds V Highlanders Rd 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I think it's time for Shipperley to get a bit more involved in the game. He's a great finisher and a reliable defender, but he should be growing into the position more by now, and doing some more roving.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Pretty psyched about this one, leaving with junior redstragic in a few minutes to dine on well priced Suncorp hotdogs and chips.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I think it's time for Shipperley to get a bit more involved in the game. He's a great finisher and a reliable defender, but he should be growing into the position more by now, and doing some more roving.
I think he must of been instructed not to rove because Ioane already has that role. F'Sautia may be a bit more explosive as a rover aswell, you need one of the wingers to be able to be effective on his wing allowing the other to play more freely.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Looks good until the St George logo! I really hope St George allow for the jersey's next year not to have any form of background. I get that they want their logo to stand out (the St George Dragons jersey's look fantastic), but it just detracts from a great set of work on the jersey's!

Are they going to be auctioned off like the South African ones were to help raise a bit of cash to go back to the community?

I agree Ignoto, I hate the bloody white square/rectangle, even on the regular jumpers. It looks like a netball bib. Should just have the St George Bank logo on the red background. It's a poor (cheap) look!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
BTW folks, it looks like neither team can use "bad weather" as an excuse for a loss. Only rain is east of the Gold Coast now, heading due north, and wont have an impact! Enjoy the battle!

T

TOCC

I agree Ignoto, I hate the bloody white square/rectangle, even on the regular jumpers. It looks like a netball bib. Should just have the St George Bank logo on the red background. It's a poor (cheap) look!

it all comes back to money.. the white on red makes the logo more prominent thus worth more to the sponsor..
Given the precarious state of the QRU's finance when this deal was initially negotiated and subsequently extended, the Reds were not in any position to take a financial it made the jersey look poor

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm listening on 612 ABC radio, so any support comments from those watching would be appreciated! Go the Reds!!!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well Mr Doug the Reds have not got off to a great start even before the first whistle was blown. The lady who did the traditional Aboriginal land owners acknowledgement speech forgot who the name of the Reds opposition was. You know how touchy NZ is about disrespect. I'd say with that gaffe it is going to be the Clan by 50+

Seriously though poor lady, someone should have told her!

I'll try to keep up with the game Mr Doug but that Chiefs/Saders game has left me exhausted!

Scrum penalty against the Reds, Slipper busted I believe (damn there goes my Fantasy team). 4min in.

Another scrum penalty. Shit, not looking good there Reds, they really need to sort out that scrum - here comes another one.

By the way who does the radio commentary where you are?

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341568026.045363.jpg

Here we go.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Well Mr Doug the Reds have not got off to a great start even before the first whistle was blown. The lady who did the traditional Aboriginal land owners acknowledgement speech forgot who the name of the Reds opposition was. You know how touchy NZ is about disrespect. I'd say with that gaffe it is going to be the Clan by 50+

Seriously though poor lady, someone should have told her!

I'll try to keep up with the game Mr Doug but that Chiefs/Saders game has left me exhausted!

Scrum penalty against the Reds, Slipper busted I believe (damn there goes my Fantasy team). 4min in.

Another scrum penalty. Shit, not looking good there Reds, they really need to sort out that scrum - here comes another one.

By the way who does the radio commentary where you are?

Quentin Hull (ABC), one of their best rugby commentators, plus former Reds/Wallaby player, John Roe.

Status
Not open for further replies.