• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Regina George

shore 17-7 at half time...Grammar scored first!

unfortunately with Gorry suffering a disabling late tackle and Krempff also coming off, Grammar couldn't keep up with Shore for the rest of the game. However they didn't give up and kept the scoreline very respectable.

The play off the kick-off from Shore's first try, with Penklis regaining the Grammar kick, was especially beautiful, and it was sad to see it end with Gorry leaving the field.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Shore 36 - Grammar 7 after Grammar scored first. Haven't heard much but apparently was a fairly scrappy game. Can anyone comment further?

Given the scores of the rounds, with two points awarded for a win (and no bonus points), the table is as follows:

Newington - 6
Shore - 6
Scots - 6
Joeys - 2
Kings - 2
Riverview - 2
Grammar - 0

S

Stack Attack

Scots maybe title contenders this year? If they can beat new at home next week I think they'll have at least one hand on the trophy!

H

HarveyColon

twas a wild and woolly afternoon down at old weigall and i was pleased to see grammar score a try. many injuries however, including the unfortunate second half incident involving gorry which resulted in him being airlifted from the ground. congratulations to jackson digby the year ten boy who ran out in the second half at flanker and caught the ball off one of grammars few kick offs that went the ten. Antonio Penklis also caught the ball off grammar's other kick that went in. He subsequently stepped 3 backs only to be brought down 22 out. despite 4 players out due to injury, grammar put up a strong fight to enshore they didn't get spanked. and if i must say so myself it is the least amount of points a team has scored against grammar in two years. everything they did went well even passing into the wind (which was recorded at 70 km/h on the old windsock atop the pavillion.) The only point of criticism is that when the wind was behind them their kicks were like poo. could have utilised the mild southerly breeze a bit more efficiently. and as of shore......well done but grammar won head of the river last year......just saying.

M

Michelle

It was a good game...........where were you hiding harvey i was looking for you. you weren't in the usual spot. It was so cold my phallus was playing scared turtle ;)

to another note i was pleased with grammar's rucking and ball security which have beeen much improved sice last week. they shall get a boost next week with no. 11 and 4 returning.

R

Regina George

twas a wild and woolly afternoon down at old weigall and i was pleased to see grammar score a try. many injuries however, including the unfortunate second half incident involving gorry which resulted in him being airlifted from the ground... grammar put up a strong fight to enshore they didn't get spanked. and if i must say so myself it is the least amount of points a team has scored against grammar in two years. everything they did went well even passing into the wind (which was recorded at 70 km/h on the old windsock atop the pavillion.).

where were you hiding harvey i was looking for you. you weren't in the usual spot. It was so cold my phallus was playing scared turtle ;) ... they shall get a boost next week with no. 11 and 4 returning.

Gorry felt the full force of two impacts - the first from the tackle and the second from the subsequent collision with Penklis - although I was surprised the chopper could land in the high winds

I'm doubtful about the windspeed though, the windsock was playing scared turtle as well and was seen to be frozen in place today.

sorry KOBber I've got nothing for you.

Warwick

Peter Burge (5)
referee 94 very accurate prediction in the New/Joeys game of 30-15, New 29-13 beat Joeys. Despite an extremely slow start being down at one stage 0-13. However boys put together to create a tradesmen like win. New Forwards were not as dominant as they were against Kings but still look very dangerous, while the backs can exploit even limited opportunities. However, a week in GPS rugby can be a long time, I have no doubt that New if they put together and display their ruthless streak they blow Scots off the field. But they will need to make the Scots backline irrelevant by denying their forward back any part in the game.

Also well done to our champion 14A side who beat a strong Joeys after a 14-28 lost in their trials. Mind you 15As score was a hiding and joeys supporters can look forward to some strong teams in the 2014/2015 period.

S

Sydneybra

referee 94 very accurate prediction in the New/Joeys game of 30-15, New 29-13 beat Joeys. Despite an extremely slow start being down at one stage 0-13. However boys put together to create a tradesmen like win. New Forwards were not as dominant as they were against Kings but still look very dangerous, while the backs can exploit even limited opportunities. However, a week in GPS rugby can be a long time, I have no doubt that New if they put together and display their ruthless streak they blow Scots off the field. But they will need to make the Scots backline irrelevant by denying their forward back any part in the game.

Also well done to our champion 14A side who beat a strong Joeys after a 14-28 lost in their trials. Mind you 15As score was a hiding and joeys supporters can look forward to some strong teams in the 2014/2015 period.

In the 15s the score was 29-3 against a under strength New side dampened by injury... Should be a tighter contest in 2013

S

Sydneybra

There is an Under 16 Thread where you were also corrected. 15As , 41-3 to Joeys (with 5 Joeys usual A players out due to injury/sickness).

Newington also had 5 players missing, many of the tries were scored through the C's outside centre playing wing

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Gorry felt the full force of two impacts - the first from the tackle and the second from the subsequent collision with Penklis - although I was surprised the chopper could land in the high winds

I'm doubtful about the windspeed though, the windsock was playing scared turtle as well and was seen to be frozen in place today.

sorry KOBber I've got nothing for you.

Any info on the nature of Gorry's injury? With Vinny's just up the road use of the chopper worries me.

Lomu

Bob McCowan (2)
. and if i must say so myself it is the least amount of points a team has scored against grammar in two years.

Last year we also beat SGS by 36-14 at Northbridge ... Although the match seemed a lot closer than that, and this was the same team who beat us in the 16a's on our home turf!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Last year we also beat SGS by 36-14 at Northbridge . Although the match seemed a lot closer than that, and this was the same team who beat us in the 16a's on our home turf!

You cant just take a line through 16's because inevitably there will be kids in their 2nd year in opens: this is of variable significance - but it means no one can bank on a good 16s being a good 1sts nor can one ever be sure that an average 16s wont merge with the year ahead of them and produce a very good 1sts.
Unless you have back to back great years it should be something of a lottery.

J

Jack Connor

grammar's performance today was very courageous and both teams were quite evenly matched, despite what the scoreline suggests. grammar should take a lot out of this game producing a valiant effort even with the several injuries that they faced. i was very impressed with the 15 for shore even though he was embarrasingly tackled in the in goal and knocked the ball on in what would have been a sure try. any news on how the other teams played?

Status
Not open for further replies.