• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
it is possible for Grammar to turn things around. It will take many years, proper coaching, less whinging and a real commitment to excellence not just in the classroom. This can only come from the top

I am not sure Gaggers realise how little will there is to do anything about sport at Grammar: it will not happen even with the first man to hold the William Webb Ellis trophy as chairman of trustees.
As far as the "powers that be" at Grammar are concerned "excellence in sport" is an oxy moron...or a foxy moron as Kath and Kim would say.
I am an old boy of and parent at the school.

old fella

Stan Wickham (3)
Could "inside shoulder" please stop criticising Grammar Rugby relentlessly in this forum. The 16A's and their parents/coaches are having an enjoyable year (with strong support from the school,) with a view to putting together a competitive Opens team. My experience has been that approaches to the School about Rugby issues, if made sensibly, are well received. I enjoy this forum for its reports on Rugby, not complaints. As to which, I am immensely proud of the smaller Grammar Firsts toughing it out against much larger and more skilful teams, who have in turn shown excellent sportsmanship towards them in the matches I have seen to date.

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
As to which, I am immensely proud of the smaller Grammar Firsts toughing it out against much larger and more skilful teams, who have in turn shown excellent sportsmanship towards them in the matches I have seen to date.

They got the guts to face whatever before them. They are smaller but they have a big heart.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Could "inside shoulder" please stop criticising Grammar Rugby relentlessly in this forum. The 16A's and their parents/coaches are having an enjoyable year (with strong support from the school,) with a view to putting together a competitive Opens team. My experience has been that approaches to the School about Rugby issues, if made sensibly, are well received. I enjoy this forum for its reports on Rugby, not complaints. As to which, I am immensely proud of the smaller Grammar Firsts toughing it out against much larger and more skilful teams, who have in turn shown excellent sportsmanship towards them in the matches I have seen to date.
How much for the jousting sticks?
There are several other teams and age groups at the school: it's not all about the 16a's for whom there is a dedicated thread in which you will see I have supported them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Seriously?
You are complaining, that you don't like IS complaining?

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Predictions for this weekend
Scots vs Riverview - a massive game at Riverview that will define both their seasons. If View lose they can forget about a share of the title and if Scots can win they will state themselves are true contenders. Much like last week for Scots, on paper they arent up to Views forwards but their backs should dominate. However i think View will have their game of the season this week. Dempsey, Whitely and Rourke to run wild over the Scots pack. Kellaway and Horowitz will keep Scots in the game. View 22-17
Joeys vs Newington - much the same for this game, Joeys lose and their season is over, Newington win and they put one hand on the trophey. Newington come off a good win against Kings and i still think Milne and Moera are the key, if they fire they are unstoppable. I think a huge reason why Joeys have been beaten by Scots for the last few years is they just havent lifted enough as the Scots boys do. This weekend they will most definitely lift, no one more than Ollie Bartlett, expect a massive game from him. Joeys forwards will be very physical and cause havoc at the breakdown and i think their backs (especially Pay and Barclay) will be able to hold it defensively. Expect a lot of Joeys points through the forwards. Joeys 24-20
Shore vs Grammar - Shore 40-5, expected Grammar to score their first points of the season.

So if all my predictions are right (which they are normally not) we will see Shore as outright leaders after 3 rounds. Joeys, Newington, Scots and View all joint second with Kings and Grammar rounding out the ladder. Who would have thought that a few weeks ago.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Predictions for this weekend
Scots vs Riverview - a massive game at Riverview that will define both their seasons. If View lose they can forget about a share of the title and if Scots can win they will state themselves are true contenders. Much like last week for Scots, on paper they arent up to Views forwards but their backs should dominate. However i think View will have their game of the season this week. Dempsey, Whitely and Rourke to run wild over the Scots pack. Kellaway and Horowitz will keep Scots in the game. View 22-17
Joeys vs Newington - much the same for this game, Joeys lose and their season is over, Newington win and they put one hand on the trophey. Newington come off a good win against Kings and i still think Milne and Moera are the key, if they fire they are unstoppable. I think a huge reason why Joeys have been beaten by Scots for the last few years is they just havent lifted enough as the Scots boys do. This weekend they will most definitely lift, no one more than Ollie Bartlett, expect a massive game from him. Joeys forwards will be very physical and cause havoc at the breakdown and i think their backs (especially Pay and Barclay) will be able to hold it defensively. Expect a lot of Joeys points through the forwards. Joeys 24-20
Shore vs Grammar - Shore 40-5, expected Grammar to score their first points of the season.

So if all my predictions are right (which they are normally not) we will see Shore as outright leaders after 3 rounds. Joeys, Newington, Scots and View all joint second with Kings and Grammar rounding out the ladder. Who would have thought that a few weeks ago.
R2, brave predictions indeed! Especially after Joeys getting a serious lesson in cohesive running Rugby from the Bellevue Hill boys. Can the y lift is the question? I agree that Ollie "the goat herder" Bartlett will do everything bar cook the bbq and wash the guernseys.
BUT, re Scots V Iggys.... mmmmm..... The jury is out on this. If the ref allows the loose lads of both teams to play their natural games, it will be a try fest, but if they are pinged for the fringe dwelling I have seen happening of late the top scorers will be A Kellaway and J Redden kicking penalties all day. Two top games to be seen people. Enjoy and report.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Shore's 1st XV this weekend:

1. Davo Mccathie
2. Jackson Fitzpatrick (c)
3. Doug Streeter
4. Patrick Fishburn
5. James Rickard
6. Jum Woodhill
7. Angus Cooke
8. Calum Buckling
9. Angus Pulver
10. Jack Clancy
11. Charlie Oldham
12. George Koukoullis
13. Rob Arnold
14. Matt Buchanan-Reeks
15. Steane Davies (vc)

No changes this week as no injuries / returns have occurred. Shore have had two easy weeks of training so will be interesting to see if they meet Grammar with the same intensity that they took to Kings. Might be slow to start but should put on a pretty good margin as some of their more elusive backs - Davies and Clancy - have a field day.

Not going to bother to predict the other games as at this stage in the competition I have no idea whats going to happen. The only thing thats sure is that each round will bring some extremely close games. Exciting stuff.

W

Wowsah

Shore's 1st XV this weekend:

1. Davo Mccathie
2. Jackson Fitzpatrick (c)
3. Doug Streeter
4. Patrick Fishburn
5. James Rickard
6. Jum Woodhill
7. Angus Cooke
8. Calum Buckling
9. Angus Pulver
10. Jack Clancy
11. Charlie Oldham
12. George Koukoullis
13. Rob Arnold
14. Matt Buchanan-Reeks
15. Steane Davies (vc)

No changes this week as no injuries / returns have occurred. Shore have had two easy weeks of training so will be interesting to see if they meet Grammar with the same intensity that they took to Kings. Might be slow to start but should put on a pretty good margin as some of their more elusive backs - Davies and Clancy - have a field day.

Not going to bother to predict the other games as at this stage in the competition I have no idea whats going to happen. The only thing thats sure is that each round will bring some extremely close games. Exciting stuff.

Any news as to whether the injured trio of Clancy, Fletcher and Robertson will be subbing in on Saturday? I remember you writing that they were expected back this round.

THE REF 94

Frank Nicholson (4)
Any news as to whether the injured trio of Clancy, Fletcher and Robertson will be subbing in on Saturday? I remember you writing that they were expected back this round.
Nic Clancy is playing in the seconds as he comes back from injury. Fletcher played in the 3rds against Kings, but tore the tendons in his finger, out for a couple of weeks, possibly the season. Robertson not playing this week but to come back against Riverview in either the 1sts or 2nds.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
For Joeys 8. O'Donahue is out for a week at least (concussion) and 5. Schwager could miss the rest of the season (leg).

Status
Not open for further replies.