• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not bad, Papworth and Fielea are quality players, only seen very little of Guttenbiel but you would expect him to make some rep teams next year.

C

Coastboy

From my knowledge, the year 11's at TSS that have experienced First XV are as follows:

Jake Lyon - #2
Jake Upfield - #4
Evander Guttenbiel - #5/8
Luke Papworth - #6/7
Joel Brown #6/7
Ed Gibson #9/10/12/15
Nili Fielea #11/12
Fred Dorrough #10/12
Isaac Nathan #14

The thing that sets these players apart are the fact that I would regard Lyon, Guttenbiel, Papworth and Fielea as genuine key players for the current team. I see serious rep potential in all of them. Nonetheless, next year is next year, and if this year has proven anything, it is that you cannot make predictions based on trials and teamsheets. Best of luck to Nudgee and Grammar this weekend.

Mitch Third - #10
Sam Clifton - #3/2
Benji Neal - #15

Third and Clifton both have played all season and repeating while Neal was injured early in the season playing 2nds but still has come off the bench a few times this year and is in year 11

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Tip: Jones, Bell and Nucifora to be shown the door.

My mail tells me Bell was only in it for three. That's his three done this year. Jones will be given option. Hot tip is Gilmore from TGS but he still has a year to run there. He is a Churchie OB too Im told and did a stint there a couple of years ago. Gilmore is a backs coach as is Jones so can't see them both there.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Whats wrong with Fowler at halfback?

An example of a good halfback would be Dyring of BBC. Go and have a look at the video in post 2272 which shows some of the magic performed by Dyring. If Terrace do a highlights video this year you might see some box kicks but I wager you will not go close to seeing any line breaks, tries or as quick hands from the Terrace half. He struggled to create any opportunity and can't see that form changing next year.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
My mail tells me Bell was only in it for three. That's his three done this year. Jones will be given option. Hot tip is Gilmore from TGS but he still has a year to run there. He is a Churchie OB too Im told and did a stint there a couple of years ago. Gilmore is a backs coach as is Jones so can't see them both there.

Yeah, those two are pretty much out the door already. Disappointing cause I rate Bell as a coach, Jones not so much. Its interesting that their 'star' back line failed so badly and their forwards have been the only positive for the season.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Guys I have just gone through and deleted quite a few posts. If you keep up this behaviour you will be banned from participating in these forums.

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
From my knowledge, the year 11's at TSS that have experienced First XV are as follows:

Jake Lyon - #2
Jake Upfield - #4
Evander Guttenbiel - #5/8
Luke Papworth - #6/7
Joel Brown #6/7
Ed Gibson #9/10/12/15
Nili Fielea #11/12
Fred Dorrough #10/12
Isaac Nathan #14

The thing that sets these players apart are the fact that I would regard Lyon, Guttenbiel, Papworth and Fielea as genuine key players for the current team. I see serious rep potential in all of them. Nonetheless, next year is next year, and if this year has proven anything, it is that you cannot make predictions based on trials and teamsheets. Best of luck to Nudgee and Grammar this weekend.

I think you are spot on.

Third finished a pretty solid season with a great game against BBC. He has also been a key player this year. Also Clifton has improved a lot since last year and I think will improve again. He was a very solid performer this season. All in all with TSS possibly going to win premierships in 16a b and c looks like they will have some depth next year.

D

_dark

TSS d GT by 15
BGS d NC by 2
TGS d BBC by 5
ACGS d BSHS by 8

Grammar has the mental edge on this game. If they are down by a few with about 5 minutes left, they'll claw it back, they're that type of team. They easily have the coolest heads in the comp. Centres Lakehm Aiono and Joshua Birch will shut down the apparent force of Jack Tuttle well throughout the fixture. Forward pack is small but very mobile and the front row has consistently been performing throughout the season. Must watch out for #7 Henry Fitzgerald, however.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
TSS d GT by 15
BGS d NC by 2
TGS d BBC by 5
ACGS d BSHS by 8

Grammar has the mental edge on this game. If they are down by a few with about 5 minutes left, they'll claw it back, they're that type of team. They easily have the coolest heads in the comp. Centres Lakehm Aiono and Joshua Birch will shut down the apparent force of Jack Tuttle well throughout the fixture. Forward pack is small but very mobile and the front row has consistently been performing throughout the season. Must watch out for #7 Henry Fitzgerald, however.

BGS deserve to be favourites. They beat TSS who defeated NC quite easily.
Nudgee will try to dominate in the forwards, thus creating opportunities for
their backline. IF BGS can subdue NC tight 5, then they will be on their way
to winning the game. Greene's kicking prowess could be the deciding factor.
I expect a close encounter because both teams are so evenly matched.
Good luck to Grammar and Nudgee.
May rugby be the winner on Saturday.:cool:
Another possible scenario, a draw and shared premiership.:)

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Official - Lewis Radford out of the team vs NC - replaced by Zac Laud on the wing
Nick Anderson will be on the bench while Marsden starts on the other wing. Staying with the same starting forwards. Kemp and Halliday also reserving. Will get the whole team list soon.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Official - Lewis Radford out of the team vs NC - replaced by Zac Laud on the wing
Nick Anderson will be on the bench while Marsden starts on the other wing. Staying with the same starting forwards. Kemp and Halliday also reserving. Will get the whole team list soon.

11.Zac Laud v Charles Tenakanai
14.Matt Marsden v Tyrone Hussey

S

slapper69

Forsyth mate. Never benched (let alone started in) a firsts game prior to the game. Got some real potential
He did start one game although it was the downlands game, but he did not show his potential against downlands or GT, next season he is a possible QLD schoolboy

S

slapper69

Will the BGS centres of Lakehm Aione and Josh Birch be able to shut down Nudgee college inside centre Jack Tuttle?

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
He did start one game although it was the downlands game, but he did not show his potential against downlands or GT, next season he is a possible QLD schoolboy
I know. I didn't count the Downlands game as a firsts game as BGS played a second strength team. From how he has played in the 16's, he has shown some great speed but IMO he really needs space to run - fullback next year?. Look forward to seeing him play more next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.