• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Theer ahs been a fair amount of discussion on here about the actions of the Uni winger on Saturday. Normally when Uni is discussed Bruce Ross is a good contributor. i would be interested in his observations of the incident giving a Uni point of view

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Theer ahs been a fair amount of discussion on here about the actions of the Uni winger on Saturday. Normally when Uni is discussed Bruce Ross is a good contributor. i would be interested in his observations of the incident giving a Uni point of view

Who was the player ? If its that bad, he should be outed me thinks.
I couldn't find the incident on Vimeo

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
I get the pretentious bit, But. I once coached a kid with two names. He did it because his mum was profligate with men but he wanted to give some honour to her most recent alliance whom he respected. (and who knows what else). Be careful. After she moved on, he did also. One name thereafter.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
At le
2 are old family names rather than the two dads variety - a hangover from imperial times :confused:
Yep - that too. What are you going to do? Check out the details of Lord Mountbatten. Some people like names, lots of them.
Would be an interesting study for some Sociology major.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
So is it up to solely Wests?
I thought the rugby union may have also had a responsibility to ensure the game didn't see that?

Agree 100%, although as the SS is run by an organisation which has no employees, no website and to all intents and purposes doesn't exist, it would seem unlikely that the SRU will do anything. Having something called the SRU means that NSWRU can wash its hands of what occurs in SS, and over the years they've turned masterly inactivity into an art form - highly unlikely that the governing body in this state will do anything.

Clubs will rarely cite opposition players and it often leads to tit for tat citings. The law of the jungle applies.
If my memory serves me correctly, University cited a West player last year,Vaughan Lomax,for a punch.I recall he received
6 weeks suspension(?). Wests were one of the leading clubs at the time but I recall only won one of the following 6 matches.
Tit for tat may play a part in this situation perhaps, as I would suspect Wests would cite the offending player following this
nasty incident.

Moonball

Stan Wickham (3)
"Where is Lomax this year? I don't think I have seen his name on the team lists, but think his dad is still listed as coaching at the Pirates."

He is playing in France and his dad is no longer coaching at the Pirates. Lomax was the best Tight head scrummager in SS in 2013 now he is gone probably why the Pirates scrum struggled against Uni.

Status
Not open for further replies.