• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

itchybrother

Bob McCowan (2)
If you want to see the Harvey incident go to vimeo. Type in West Harbour Pirates and it's about the last video. The one where you can see Wests standing in defence. 20 min mark. I just noticed the same bloke hits Harvey with a nasty no arms tackle just moments before. Classy guy!!

I just watched this video and it's a bloody disgrace!

Both the ref and the touchy were within 10 mtrs of both incidents.

Why has this guy not been punished?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not a good advert for the club or the game.

If they could see it 50 metres away in the Concord stands, it is a little surprising that the match officials missed it.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If he isn't cited, the University team lists for this weekend will be an interesting read.

Will the club be proactive and stand him down?

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Why should a club stand him down. If every player got stood down for an incident of foul play we wouldn't have any players left.

In other news Penrith seem to have three internationals in the top 2 grades. Would assume this is a basic part of the increased competition against some reasonable clubs.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Why would we want to stamp out foul play?

I think your missing the point move on. Gordon's 5/8 on the weekend had visible blood coming from his jawline after a late hit from a Randwick counterpart. I understand in Colts a Gordon player was suspended for 3 weeks for two yellow cards. Let the judiciary deal with it they have access to the video and clubs have the ability to report incidents.

The Butts

Herbert Moran (7)
T
Thanks TB .
Unless I missed something that does First Grade only.
I love seeing the whole shebang , ie grades 1-4 plus colts. I find it interesting reading where players are up to as they come through the ranks.

Perhaps GAGR can start a bit of a campaign to ask for the other grades to be included in the digital programme????

Be good if Rugby News could come to the forum with a few answers on subscription costs etc. Seeing the programme doesn't have to go to a printing press, the cost of extra pages is only in the time taken to put the publication together.

If ALL the team lists are emailed to the NSWRU then they could possibly be copy/pasted onto the other pages.

Just a thought.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Manly V Uni this weekend - what are peopls tips? Gotta go with Manly they have been on fire - Manly by 10

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Does it deserve a red card? If so, it would rely on Wests putting in a report or some other party electing to report it? If not, there is nothing to cite?

I've watched it on that Vimeo thing, and others hear have indicated their views - it was ugly. All i asked was, has he been cited???

Here is some one else's thoughts, and i could find more;
I just watched this video and it's a bloody disgrace!

Both the ref and the touchy were within 10 mtrs of both incidents.

Why has this guy not been punished?

So is it up to solely Wests?
I thought the rugby union may have also had a responsibility to ensure the game didn't see that?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I thought the rugby union may have also had a responsibility to ensure the game didn't see that?

Agree 100%, although as the SS is run by an organisation which has no employees, no website and to all intents and purposes doesn't exist, it would seem unlikely that the SRU will do anything. Having something called the SRU means that NSWRU can wash its hands of what occurs in SS, and over the years they've turned masterly inactivity into an art form - highly unlikely that the governing body in this state will do anything.

Clubs will rarely cite opposition players and it often leads to tit for tat citings. The law of the jungle applies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
After watching Stephen Moore's punch go unscathed it doesn't look like it
Early this year I saw one openside flanker holding back the other on a scrum. The one that was being held back through a punch to get away and was yellow carded.
I think it was one of the first super games this year.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I've watched it on that Vimeo thing, and others hear have indicated their views - it was ugly. All i asked was, has he been cited???

Here is some one else's thoughts, and i could find more;

And I was just asking if it deserves to be cited ie do you think it should have been a red card. I haven't seen the incident but have heard that it warranted a yellow card only. I was trying to ask your opinion of whether it deserved a red card. You had previously compared it to the Gower incident where he was cited and got 6 weeks IIRC.

It's not solely up to Wests but as the SRU/NSWRU don't do a review of all matches, how would they know about this incident or others if Wests don't report it.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
And I was just asking if it deserves to be cited ie do you think it should have been a red card. I haven't seen the incident but have heard that it warranted a yellow card only. I was trying to ask your opinion of whether it deserved a red card. You had previously compared it to the Gower incident where he was cited and got 6 weeks IIRC.

It's not solely up to Wests but as the SRU/NSWRU don't do a review of all matches, how would they know about this incident or others if Wests don't report it.

Are you telling me they don't monitor every post on this forum?
Are we wasting our time? ;)

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

It cool.
My view IMO
red and weeks on the side line, I don't like being drawn to answer questions that maybe seen as one sided because i support a team.
I think there was more malice and intent in the Uni incident. It looked very ugly as it was in the open.
I think Gower was a reaction that was wrong.
Gower punch caused damage, it was not as open and on the completion of a line out.
I'm not sure how Harvey is feeling though.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
And I was just asking if it deserves to be cited ie do you think it should have been a red card.

I saw it at the game, thought it deserved a red card at time.
I thought the initial action was a red and follow up was an absolute disgrace.
Having watched it on vimeo, initial action was more stupid that malicious but deserved a yellow, follow up was still a disgrace and deserved a red.
The referee and lineswoman were shocking, both clearly saw what happened (lineswoman in particular) and chose to ignore it.
In my opinion the lineswoman is not fit to either run the line or ref a full game (she butchered the 2nds match before) - she needs a lot more experience before being (perhaps unfairly) put into the upper levels of the club game in Sydney.
The ref was fairly poor all game - I appreciate scrums were a problem in those conditions but all set-pieces were a lottery in regards to his decisions.
The advantage rule was applied for an age in some circumstances and not in others - some decisions were just plain wrong in terms of applying the laws of the game.

In saying all this, if West Harbour had won, I wouldnt care. So perhaps its slight bitterness than colours these opinions.

I hope to see a better performance from the officials on Saturday at Uni vs Manly. I will certainly be vocal in my support of the Marlins from the stand and let the ref know when I disagree with him!

The Butts

Herbert Moran (7)
T
Thanks TB .
Unless I missed something that does First Grade only.
I love seeing the whole shebang , ie grades 1-4 plus colts. I find it interesting reading where players are up to as they come through the ranks.

Macca - are you thinking of something along these lines???? Would need extra pages, but as I mentioned earlier - no printing costs, no paper costs, no ink costs, etc. - just the time to do up the extra pages.

The forum members should start talking to the publishers and let them know they are interested. If no-one asks, after they have already put out the offer, then no-one can whinge.

Attachments

• Programme.pdf
    343.1 KB · Views: 438
Status
Not open for further replies.