• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rising 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Out of curiosity, for someone who has pretty low knowledge of the Dewar Sheild, who wouldn't be selected of the media boys.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Cutting the bullshit, how does Dale actually go?

Boys I know that have been up against him say he's strong but I've never noticed him on the odd occasion I see Quins play.
I believe he is good in the scrum. Like you say, mainly through strength.

In general, dunno. I'm sure others will have a more informed view.

But we could sure do with some strong THPs in this comp. IMO.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I believe he is good in the scrum. Like you say, mainly through strength.

In general, dunno. I'm sure others will have a more informed view.

But we could sure do with some strong THPs in this comp. IMO.

Hasn't he been playing LHP for 'Quins of recent time?

T

Train Without a Station

Out of curiosity, for someone who has pretty low knowledge of the Dewar Sheild, who wouldn't be selected of the media boys.

Mate I probably shouldn't say based on the comments the guys were meant to keep their mouths shut but I definitely know of one I saw on the Instagram feed who got the call this week.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
Any idea when the squad will be made public?? Spies tell me the players were told last night.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
thanks highlander

and as predicted above.

aside from weeks and lahiff, who may go elsewhere; the remaining fit and available rebels will all have to play for the rising. i expect we will see jones and higgers play a bit as well.

T

Train Without a Station

Wonder how it works with the Wallaby allocations? Good result if Jones is considered a Wallaby but isn't in the squad so plays all games. Higgers will be wearing the pink unless there are injuries too.

Rising premiership favourites?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Wonder how it works with the Wallaby allocations? Good result if Jones is considered a Wallaby but isn't in the squad so plays all games. Higgers will be wearing the pink unless there are injuries too.

Rising premiership favourites?

Force would probably get better depth from their club comp, and a similar allocation of Wallabies and Super Players.

While the Rays squad looks pretty impressive, it might be even more so when their soup allocations are announced.

T

Train Without a Station

I think of the 3 Force players in the squad, 2 will be on the bench at least.

But you're right the club comp depth is probably a little stronger. Probably somewhere between Dewar and JID.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Guys and Gals, if anyone is interested in covering these games for Green and Gold Rugby (match reviews and/or photos) please let us know. We obviously want to cover the comp pretty extensively but will need more hands on deck. We can provide a template for match reviews if needed. If you are interested leave a comment here or send a personal message. Cheers

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
well one would hope so, lots of wasted publicity otherwise ;)

so thats
angus hamilton
rueben rolleston
martin naufahu
neil walsh
joe kamama
greg bauer
ryan o'sullivan

and probably
fereti sa'aga
dale stevenson
bill valentini

any other probables

I had a pretty decent chat to Fereti today, and he said they still didn't know if they were in or not. If everyone who is saying that the selected squad already know, I really hope for Fereti's sake that he's a great actor, because he seemed fairly adamant he hasn't been told.

T

Train Without a Station

I'd back Fereti as a certainty to be selected based on everything I know about Victorian Rugby. He's young, he's an islander, he's big. They'll love him.

Playing in the Junior World Cup only makes me think they will even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.