• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Other SupeRugby 2014 Semi-Final - Crusaders v Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The Sharks had it all lined up to finish first and only have themselves to blame.

I still think their first place ambitions died with Lambie's injury. They played a completely different game in the first few rounds. Much quicker and a lot less kicking.

When Jake had to play Frans at 10 he had to change the game plan.

But yes, they screwed up against the Stomps and Cheaters.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Everyone gets to avoid/ miss out on 1 team from each of the other confs, 'tahs "avoided" my guys & missed out on the Cheetahs, Jake's talking through his arse again & maybe one of the journo's at the press conf should've pointed that out to him.....
You and Pfitzy should get a room.

You can site and bitch about South Africans as foreplay.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
With the SA tour for the AUS & NZ teams making and breaking more than a few seasons, lets not forget that the Crusaders had possibly the best SA tour they could ask for, playing the Cheetahs and Lions and coming home with 9 comp points. If they were going to pick two SA sides to play away it would be those two.

But no, the Sharks simply can not accuse another team of having an easy run. First away game in round 6 and between rounds 1 and 11 they played 'away' twice, once in J'burg and once in Pretoria

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Sounds like preparatory buck passing.

When they inevitably get swamped by the Crusaders in Christchurch, all the fans will rightfully be asking why he played a 2nd string side against the Cheetahs which ultimately cost them the home final. The answer is simple - he stuffed up. But playing victim to the system is better for publicity.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Are you trying to sway a few tips away from the Saders there BH81? Or one particular tip maybe? :D

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Just stirring. But in relation to the game, it's you and me both. The Crusaders this year simply aren't the team of old. They are winning but they are hardly the clinical, dangerous all over the park, miss a tackle and they'll score outfit they once were. They know how to play finals footy though and more importantly, they know how to win. This will get them home.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think it's going to be close. And unless we can provide space for Read and Nadolo out wide then it's going to be even closer than close.

There's been huge frustration watching my team this season. Toddy's selections have been a big part of that also.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Two brutal forward packs but the backlines dont excite me too much.
This will be like two Rhinos charging at each other for the full eighty mins and the winner will be the team that plays best field position.
I can see a lot of rolling mauls off lineouts..
.Dan Carter (if he's fit) is the master and he could just be the difference.
The injury toll could be interesting this will be tough.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Interesting. Seems I'm in a different camp here.

I can't recall the Saders having Read, McCaw and Carter on the park at the same time all year. Dagg struggled early but has found himself at the right time. Nadolo joined in half way through and has really hit his straps. They do this every year. Slow start then peak at the right time. I'd be surprised if this is anything less than their best performance of the year.

The Sharks are coming in off losses to the Stormers and Cheetahs, a win over the Stormers and just scraping through against the Highlanders. They were completely outclassed in the backs against the Highlanders and survived off the back of the most lopsided forwards display in the competition this year. They won't get that forwards dominance here. And they're up against a backline at least as good. In the hardest place to win away in world rugby.

I suspect a lot are being fooled by their miracle win here earlier sans Read, Dagg, Carter. This could be anything. Saders in a romp.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I don't think it'll be a romp, but I don't think the Crusaders will be greatly troubled.

I just hope they knock six shades of shit out of each other so that whoever plays them next week has a cakewalk.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Highlanders backs attacked from brilliantly from their own 22. I think they would have cut any side to ribbons last week. That's not really what teams are prepared to defend against.

I think Nadolo will be crucial. If the Sharks can limit his impact they'll be right in it.

That said, I've still tipped the Crusaders as I said earlier.

The Crusaders backline are nothing like the Highlanders so if the Sharks compete in the forwards which they will, they'll be hard to put away.

M

Moono75

This won't be a repeat of their previous encounter. Crusaders will win by 15+ points. Nadolo to rampage, Dagg to continue form reversal and Read is just all class and will lead by example.

I will remind everyone that I wrote the Saders off after their bad start and was reminded that yes....they do finish well. Me bad!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Oh one of those.

And she keeps going back.

Things must be really bad :)

Well if it stops my kids eating the lollies then I'm all for it.

He does look a bit like Piet Van Zyl. I don't know what pisses him off more - that South Africa is going to shit under the ANC or that he can't find a good compound to live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.