• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
ACGS 46 - IGS 16

Churchie backline living up to expectations, helped by some woeful defence from Ipswich. Ponga has the most outstanding footwork I've ever seen whilst Su'a was marked quite nicely. Ipswich held their own in the forwards very well and managed to win ball on vs number of occasions but they were a let down at line-out time. Everytime IGS gave the ball to their backs they were smashed or it was botched because there was no structure. Watch out for this ACGS team.

No structure?? Were you watching the BBC backs??
We're Southport that good or BBC that bad. Hard to tell.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I don't believe he made an error once in attack, but he didn't have a perfect all round game, to qualify as perfect I'd say he needed to make all his kicks, tackles, and impose himself on the defence by running through gaps.

Instead of BGS11, I believe you may be thinking of 14, a red head names Johnathan Traves. He was undoubtedly the best of BGS' backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horan was up there as one of the top players on the park today except his goal kicking was off. His defence was 10x Better than what I remember from last year.

In regards to saying the scorecard doesn't fully reflect the game, I reckon it was close. 5 tries to 0 and Terrace had #7 off for 10 Minutes.

That Jonathon Traves kid was incredible. What GPS team was he in?

#12 from grammar looked sharp but there didn't seem to be any punch like when Lakelm Aino (correct spelling?) was there.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Horan was up there as one of the top players on the park today except his goal kicking was off. His defence was 10x Better than what I remember from last year.

In regards to saying the scorecard doesn't fully reflect the game, I reckon it was close. 5 tries to 0 and Terrace had #7 off for 10 Minutes.

That Jonathon Traves kid was incredible. What GPS team was he in?

#12 from grammar looked sharp but there didn't seem to be any punch like when Lakelm Aino (correct spelling?) was there.

Traves didn't make a GPS team, and I'm not sure he even trialled. I'm also fairly sure he wasn't in the First XV squad last year. A very impressive GPS debut

The 12 from BGS was Max Wenck, younger brother of Nigel from BGS' premiership team. He's the third choice 12 in the team after Eddie McCorley, who has now left BGS, and another - Player X.

Player X will be back for Nudgee, and is relishing the chance to touch up Calvin Pritchard in round 2. All I will say is that he's called Snacks - and he's only 15

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Traves didn't make a GPS team, and I'm not sure he even trialled. I'm also fairly sure he wasn't in the First XV squad last year. A very impressive GPS debut

The 12 from BGS was Max Wenck, younger brother of Nigel from BGS' premiership team. He's the third choice 12 in the team after Eddie McCorley, who has now left BGS, and another - Player X.

Player X will be back for Nudgee, and is relishing the chance to touch up Calvin Pritchard in round 2. All I will say is that he's called Snacks - and he's only 15

Snacks is young McReight.

rugby fail

Bob McCowan (2)
How was leofa after the negative talk about him how did he look. Heard last week against BBC he was getting back to the leofa we know?

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
Sean Farrell played hooker btw, Christiansen dropped to 2nds who only just lost, really should've won the game they were ahead all game. Moving on to the 1st's TSS standouts number 15 Fred dorrough who missed one goals out of ... I lost count, number 7 Darcy from act who was hard on the ball all day, and finally joey fittock played with class making several breaks and setting up two tries. BBC out matched in the forwards, on paper the better side with far more experience in rep teams and at 1st XV level but they played as 15 individuals and not a team. TSS looked very sharp, the coaching of Wallace reveals their great structure in defence and attack turned over several balls from powerful tackles and good like speed and slide. Stand outs for BBC, I could only see one man playing with heart and true passion; and that was Max Dempsey, have never seen a player who puts more on the line, saved 2 tries on my count and several line breaks from cover defence. Just a great player and the only standout on the field, mentions to 13 Sam Edwards who was their best back and their forwards were very ordinary, no shoutout there. BBC need to get some structure in their game they look like a bunch of 14s, very disappointing for their '60 year premiership drought'.

OBS

Bob McCowan (2)
BBC better stop reading / writing their own press and start playing rugby.

Reminds me of the 2012 Churchie XV who talked themselves up so much they forgot they had to actually win the games.

The BBC old boys will respond by slamming their wallets shut !!

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
At 39-0 Barker called on the BBC boys to start playing.
From there they won the balance of the match 10-7 which shows what they were capable of.
Final score TSS 46 BBC 10.
Just some arsey tries let them get away.
And its just 1 game.
BBC can still win this comp! They're on the same points as Nudgee.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Round 3 could be the end of the season for a few teams... Lol ... Bring on 2015 BBC ... Lol... To think state high will be in the hunt for longer than BBC ... Lol

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
From there they won the balance of the match 10-7 which shows what they were capable of.
And its just 1 game.

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
Refabit - the way BBC have looked the last 2 weeks they won't even win a race off their own team bus !
They were woeful today - TSS ran with more purpose and structure, whilst BBC, excepting Dempsey, were all over the shop like a mad woman's breakfast. Seemingly no game plan, no commitment and no interest - completely out-enthused by their opposition . More injuries too - a couple of boys stretchered off.
Somthing is wrong- for 3 years now Barker has had the best teams at his fingertips, but he seems not to be able to manage them onto the paddock - injuries, reading their own press, and now it appears, internal unrest in the camp if threads here are accurate.
I hate to say it, but I can't see BBC finishing better than 6th or 7th this year, particularly if they show up like they have for the games the last two weeks.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Is anyone able to provide a team list for the IGS side that took to the field today? Would help a lot with the writing of the match report.

OBS

Bob McCowan (2)
Refabit - the way BBC have looked the last 2 weeks they won't even win a race off their own team bus !
They were woeful today - TSS ran with more purpose and structure, whilst BBC, excepting Dempsey, were all over the shop like a mad woman's breakfast. Seemingly no game plan, no commitment and no interest - completely out-enthused by their opposition . More injuries too - a couple of boys stretchered off.
Somthing is wrong- for 3 years now Barker has had the best teams at his fingertips, but he seems not to be able to manage them onto the paddock - injuries, reading their own press, and now it appears, internal unrest in the camp if threads here are accurate.
I hate to say it, but I can't see BBC finishing better than 6th or 7th this year, particularly if they show up like they have for the games the last two weeks.

hallelujah brother !!

Refabit - if you have a line into Barker's laboritory - please get him to kindly ask the boys to play the game from the outset and try to win the 80mins rather than the last 20mins.

No one got a gold medal for being the fastest over the last 20 metres but coming fourth.

They need to pull the green white & black finger out…..from the kick off.

Black Caviar

Stan Wickham (3)
watching the livestream today BBC were embarassing, no structured play and no urgency. Hope TSS dont get ahead of themselves as they versed a side that played poorly. Those writing BBC off are fooled though, there will be some positive changes and Barker is not one to make the same mistake twice

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
P7260775 (Large).JPG

P7260776 (Large).JPG
P7260777 (Large).JPG
P7260780 (Large).JPG

P7260783 (Large).JPG

P7260785 (Large).JPG

P7260787 (Large).JPG

P7260788 (Large).JPG

P7260789 (Large).JPG

P7260790 (Large).JPG

P7260791 (Large).JPG

P7260792 (Large).JPG

P7260793 (Large).JPG

P7260795 (Large).JPG

P7260797 (Large).JPG

P7260798 (Large).JPG

P7260800 (Large).JPG

P7260803 (Large).JPG

P7260805 (Large).JPG

P7260807 (Large).JPG

P7260808 (Large).JPG

P7260801 (Large).JPG

Best players for TSS #7, #15, #13, #10

Best players for BBC #15, #9

Attachments

• P7260804 (Large).JPG
    P7260804 (Large).JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 225

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
And its just 1 game.
Barker should have called on the boys well before that!
Was just soo terrible to watch.
Let an early try in again like the previous week.
Terrible injuries in the 16A's and stopped the momentum and shocked the boys.
Injuries then just kept coming.
Have no idea what they need to do but something quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.