Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by Mitchell, Jul 30, 2013.
With the 2013 season just about over it's time to turn our attention to the 2014 season.
But only two rounds have been played in a nine round competition!
FlashFlanker - I have given you the benefit of the doubt because I was a flanker myself and had trouble with rules.
I moderated your post, but no more playing the man, thank you.
BGS Team for 2014:
1. Lucas Ryals (First XV 2013)
2. Jack Childs (16A 2013)
3. Josh Davies (15A 2013)
4. Harrison Bartkowski (15A 2013)
5. James Hill/Angus Morrison (16A 2013)
6. Harry Egan (First XV 2013)
7. Paddy Dooley (First XV 2013)
8. Nick Ebzery (15A 2013 + Met North U15)
9. Campbell Halliday (15A 2013 + Met North U15)
10. Nyoah Rosmarin (First XV squad 2013)/New kid?
11. Matt Forsthy (First XV 2013 (Year 10)
12. New kid?/Eddie McCorley
13. Lachi Lanskey (First XV 2013) + (Queensland Rugby League)
14. Eddie McCorley (First Xv 2013)/Tom Sly
15. Tom Sly (First XV 2013 + Queensland Rugby League)/Nyoah Rosmarin
ACGS team for 2014:
1. Angus Wagner (16A 2013 + Met East U15 2012)
2. Josh Webb (1st XV 2013 + QLD U15 2012)
3. Richie Asitia (2nd XV 2013)
4. Angus Scott-Young (1st XV 2013 + QLD U15 2012)
5. Jeremy Gimpel (1st XV 2013 + Met East U15 2012)
6. Liam Wright (1st XV 2013 + Met East U15 2013)
7. James Macmillan (15A 2013 + U15 Met East)
8. Harley Foxx (1st XV 2013)
9. Harry Nucifora (1st XV 2013 + QLD U15 2012)
10. Mack Mason (1st XV 2013+ Queensland U16 Red 2012)
11. Hugo Doessel (16a 2013 + Met East U15 2012)
12. Sam Wallis (15A 2013 + U15 Met East)
13. Izaiah Perese (1st XV 2013)
14. Max Quigley (1st XV 2013)
15. Benjamin Ogilvie (1st XV 2013)
does anyone have a Possible BSHS 1st 15 next year???
Rumour has it Sahan is repeating?
Finish no higher than 7th on the ladder. When you say new kids at 10/12 is that just where Grammar need new players or is there already speculation of new ones coming in? They need a prop too. Doesn't Josh Davies play outside centre?
Nothing to base this speculation off. Missing Chance McKenna too. Samoan Number 8 is just a little too keen. Davies won't play firsts, especially not at prop - unless he gains a couple dozen kilos over the off season. Only expect Forsyth, Halliday and McKenna to make it. Matt Forsyth scored a good try this week - hope there is more to come.
any thoughts on the possible nugdee teams?
Possible GT XV for 2014:
?(rumor has it Rob Green might repeat)
Ted Porter maybe?
Tom Lutvey / Ruben Wall
Coner MacNamara maybe?
Terrace has some serious holes to fill at 2,3, and 5 next year, perhaps by the lower grades but still, i expect to see a few new faces at GT next year
Hiale Roycroft will play 12 for GT. Best centre pairing in the comp next year.
Surprised you've left out Kalyn Ponga - a genuinely exceptional player at 15 for the 2013 ACGS 15As, in U16 repn teams selection pools, and who's scored many if not most of the 15A's tries this year, as well as place kicked well for them. Many observers have likened his skills to a K Beale at the same age.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
ahh completely forgot about Hiale! yes your right that is a lethal combination, still big issues in the pack.
Seems that Isiah Grace has also fallen off the map. Is he still at GT?
Any Suggestions on the 1 XV team for state high next year? Have seen alot of talent in the 15's and already some of the 16's that are in the 1st at the moment.
Roycroft has been pencilled in the backrow if early discussions are to be believed. He played there already this year in trials/bye games.
Grace has been in the B's since trial games. I believe he was behind Roycroft and McNamara and currently a very strong defensive centre.
Rueben Wall will be a lock at 9.
Really? I've seen a few games from him, in an under-performing GT under 15 outfit, he hasn't seemed to be that much of a star.
Excuse my lack of knowledge on GT's rugby players, but what would the alternative be in the under 16s?
Separate names with a comma.