• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_2_3

Bob McCowan (2)
IGS 1st XV 2014

1.Josvyn.S /Efi.M
2.Johann.K /Martin.K
3.Sham.V /Cooper.S
4.Izack Rhodda
5.Matt Preen
6.Braden Schiller
7.Jaidan.S/Sam.W
8. Unga.W
9.Harry.P
10.Bryce.E
11.Rickus.N
12.Ethan.P
13.Aj.R
14.Jackson.W/Mark.b
15.Connor.S/Mark.B

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
From the looks of it ACGS and NC will be strong. Although there is big hype around BBC's "miraculous" 15A team who were wooden spooners last year, they will be without three critical players in Bronson(assuming he isn't repeating),Russel and Bowen. Wouldn't surprise me if BGS recruited half a team.
GT have recruited another QLD league player Quillan Pritchard-Malaki to go along with Hiale Slade-roycraft for 2014.
What position?

REDSRUGGERS`

Bob McCowan (2)
Do you think State High will be better off next year with Tim Sippel wearing the number 9 jersey or Isaac Douglas wearing the 9 jersey. Personally i think Tim Sippel and Andre Clarke have better combination together between 9 and 10 as they have been playing together since they were young.

honestly i don't really know what their like, but from what i have heard they have very good chemistry on the field and dominate when versing teams

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
NC 1st Xv

1. Gavin Luka
2. Robby Mcfarty/ James Crackett
3. Latrell Soli
4. Reece Hewat
5. Spielewilde
6. Thomas??
7. Jackson Evans
8. Agassi Stowers
9. Eli Pilz
10. Logan Spander
11. Kalkani
12. Calvin Pritchard
13. Kalala Meni
14. Liam Richman
15. Rob Lane

With a name like McFarty, the NC 2014 hooker will probably be looking to work his way through a lot of pent up aggression. I once knew a boy called "Bastard". His mum pronounced it "Bass- Tard" but dad shrugged his shoulders and just said it was pronounced "Bar - sted". I sincerely hope none of Bastard's sisters marry this bloke in time and become something like Jane McFarty-Bastard.

REDSRUGGERS`

Bob McCowan (2)
NC 1st Xv

1. Gavin Luka
3. Latrell Soli
4. Reece Hewat
5. Spielewilde
6. Thomas??
7. Jackson Evans
8. Agassi Stowers
9. Eli Pilz
10. Logan Spander
11. Kalkani
12. Calvin Pritchard
13. Kalala Meni
14. Liam Richman
15. Rob Lane

Logan Spaander
another league player ?
he is a strong player i have seen him play myself , i have been impressed with the talent that he has, (making u15 QLD league 2012 and u16 QLD 2013 ) but not sure with the knowledge he has for union that he may be vulnernable to the game.

Hits74

Frank Nicholson (4)
NC 1st Xv

1. Gavin Luka
3. Latrell Soli
4. Reece Hewat
5. Spielewilde
6. Thomas??
7. Jackson Evans
8. Agassi Stowers
9. Eli Pilz
10. Logan Spander
11. Kalkani
12. Calvin Pritchard
13. Kalala Meni
14. Liam Richman
15. Rob Lane

Nine of the players listed here will not make 1st XV. A Mafi is back for one more season and I don't think L Spaander will be seen next year unless he tries a second time to get into their rugby program. From what Ive heard, NC will field a very good pack for next season. Well done NC for another premiership.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
With a name like McFarty, the NC 2014 hooker will probably be looking to work his way through a lot of pent up aggression. I once knew a boy called "Bastard". His mum pronounced it "Bass- Tard" but dad shrugged his shoulders and just said it was pronounced "Bar - sted". I sincerely hope none of Bastard's sisters marry this bloke in time and become something like Jane McFarty-Bastard.

Robbie McCafferty

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Possible NC First XV

1.Gavin Luka
2.Alex Mafi
3.Agassi Stowers
4.Reece Hewat
5.?
6.?
7.Jackson Evans
8.?
9.Eli Pilz
10.Liam Moseley
11.Tyrone Hussey
12.Calvin Pritchard
13.Jean Charle Smith
14,Franklin Calugay
15.Rob Lane

#tssizdabomb

Frank Row (1)
Do you think State High will be better off next year with Tim Sippel wearing the number 9 jersey or Isaac Douglas wearing the 9 jersey. Personally i think Tim Sippel and Andre Clarke have better combination together between 9 and 10 as they have been playing together since they were young.

Ive heard that the combination has only been played at 9 and 10 this year?

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
What position?[/quote]

Not 100% sure but id probably say 15,

possible GT backline

9 Ruben Wall / Tom Lutvey
10 Alex Horan
11 Jack Lodder
12 Hiale Slade-Roycroft
13 Nikau Te-Rupe
14 Nick Weller / Hamish Day
15 Quillan Pritchard-Malaki

Q

quadecooper10

heard Tim Sippel really struggled..

I had a chance to watch the game myself and T Sippel did not perform as well as he could. I was unsure to see why he was awarded player of the match, I personally believe that the Brothers Captain Reuben Wall should have been awarded it. Although they lost, he played brilliantly and kept composure through out the game. Lets just say the scoreboard did not reflect on both of the teams performances.

REDSRUGGERS`

Bob McCowan (2)
Wasnt able to catch up with the grand final on the weekend between Sunnybank and Brothers. Heard anything on that and who played well and that??

Well on the weekend i observed that Martin Koorts played a very good game scoring 2 tries , i did see that the sunnybank team played very well and showed up to win but i still believe that Brothers red should have won that game.

GPS selector

Bob McCowan (2)
What position?

Not 100% sure but id probably say 15,

possible GT backline

9 Ruben Wall / Tom Lutvey
10 Alex Horan
11 Jack Lodder
12 Hiale Slade-Roycroft
13 Nikau Te-Rupe
14 Nick Weller / Hamish Day
15 Quillan Pritchard-Malaki[/quote]

Hamish Day has absolutely no chance does not even slightly compare to any of the competition such as nick weller who debuted this season and will be a huge force in 2014, he will probably make his preferred fullback position over the import quillan pritchard

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
Hamish Day has absolutely no chance does not even slightly compare to any of the competition such as nick weller who debuted this season and will be a huge force in 2014, he will probably make his preferred fullback position over the import quillan pritchard

Pay attention to the / mate. I just suggested him due to the fact that there is zero year 11 players in that back line, and i doubt coach Gibb wouldn't be thinking of development for the next season. i agree that nick weller is a very good player, but do you really think that if GT decided to import a fullback that they wouldn't start him...

who would you bring in from the grade below over than Hamish day? because they have a fairly small grade and no players that play out wide that would be up for the change of 1st XV footy.

hey at least terrace might have some depth in the backline.

GPS selector

Bob McCowan (2)
Pay attention to the / mate. I just suggested him due to the fact that there is zero year 11 players in that back line, and i doubt coach Gibb wouldn't be thinking of development for the next season. i agree that nick weller is a very good player, but do you really think that if GT decided to import a fullback that they wouldn't start him.

who would you bring in from the grade below over than Hamish day? because they have a fairly small grade and no players that play out wide that would be up for the change of 1st XV footy.

hey at least terrace might have some depth in the backline.

There is a lot of unseen talent in the 16's backline across the teams other than the 16A's, the 15's quite frankly dont have much outside back talent at all.
I have heard that quillian is set to play wing or centre anyway and nick weller is the promising starting 15

Status
Not open for further replies.