• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Eagle

Stan Wickham (3)
Well done - which account was yours on the Tipping page? I see RuggasXV (I'm assuming a fluke :p ), "grassy", "mungindigrasshoppers", and BraveandGame all had perfect scores.

They certainly do - my only thoughts were the same as Dark Sharks, they must be over worked. As far as I could tell BBC had at least 6 trial matches, and possibly 7. Churchie had 6 I believe, not including their tour to Scotland. These two schools have both had huge preseasons. Churchie according to rumours start their pre-season in November each year! Curious to see the difference in results. Were TSS just that good? I remember seeing their trial against Toowoomba and being very unimpressed. I can't wait to read @Sam Hausers match report tomorrow morning on the front page

Don't quite agree with you here. Let's not forget about BGS' tumultuous off season. The forward pack outside of Dooley and Egan have zero First XV experience, and Egan was injured for round 1. The backline in an ideal world might have gone something like

9. Halliday
10. Sly (who spent a long time this pre-season injured - he tells me he's lost 10% vision in one of his eyes after accidentally head butting a touchie's flag in a league match)
11. Wolstenholme
12. McCorley
13. Lanskey
14. Forsyth
15. Fison

That's a lot of punch lost in the backline. McCorley was in fine form before he withdrew from the school with some serious personal issues, and cracked GPS 3.
Lanskey started in that U16 Origin side, but had a shoulder reco 16 weeks ago (eying an optimistic return against Churchie - the coaches are advising against though)
Forsyth, don't get me started. He will play very well in the GT 16As. It'll be interesting to see if the 'Hiale rule' will apply to him next year.....
Is Lansky still playing? I saw him play last year and thought he was very good. He seems to have gone very quiet.

The Eagle

Stan Wickham (3)
U15A , IGS 20 d ACGS 14,

U14A IGS 13 d ACGS 10, T

U13A, IGS 24 d ACGS 0,
Is anyone surprised by this?
BSHS & BBC put 50 points on IGS in 13A in pre season.
I heard ACGS 15A was a hot team.IGS only have 2 teams in each age I think.
No IGS has a very good recruiting process happening.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Yes and BSHS recruitment plan is started to turn around.... so I'm hearing on the back of one the best recruitment guys in the business.. . . His knowledge goes way beyond schoolboy rugby too. . . He understands how to set good structures in place. . . Can anyone confirm that from BSHS...

ird rugby

Frank Row (1)
In Rd. 1 (BGS), for the first time this season the GT Backs had a solid defensive pattern, look at the score. Whitbread and Fittock will have a lot less space than BBC gave them, watch for the counter. Toss of the coin, TSS by 3

M

Meriden87

I am looking forward to U15s this weekend. A lot of good players still here in Brisbane ready to show what they've got.

binderclip

Frank Row (1)
TSS V GT
Roycroft not playing today
Connor McNamara again in 12, from the tape he did a great job last week shutting down the BGS backline, GT looks to have filled a big gap quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.