• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National Rugby Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I wouldn't expect many at Ballymore tomorrow night. 5000 for the club GF with plenty to play for and somewhat traditional supporter bases.

Did they advertise the opening NRC match at the Club GF in any way? And have the Reds been pushing the match to members?

Even on a Thursday night 1000 would be pretty poor for the opening match of the competition in the city that attracts the biggest rugby crowds in Australia.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What's the broadcast like at the non-televised games? I assume it will just be one camera at the top of a grandstand? The Aus Barbarians games weren't too bad like that, it zoomed in on play but one angle all game.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
What's the broadcast like at the non-televised games? I assume it will just be one camera at the top of a grandstand? The Aus Barbarians games weren't too bad like that, it zoomed in on play but one angle all game.
I assume it'll be that same one camera setup, it's what they've used for club games this year.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Yep. It was pushed at the GF. Yep it has been pushed through members.

By the way it would seem all qld home games (not broadcast) will be live streamed by the QRU. Good news.

Top stuff, RugbyReg. For the QPR grand final I listened to you guys on Griffith U Radio, and watched the Reds TV feed (without comms). Bloody good game it was too.

Only thing for me was that the streams were a bit out of sync (maybe up to 10 seconds at times, dunno if this was the same for others). I realise they weren't intended as a simulcast, but is there any possibility of a collaboration between the two teams so that commentary can be added onto the Reds TV feed? As the Honey Badger might say, that would be outstanding.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Top stuff, RugbyReg. For the QPR grand final I listened to you guys on Griffith U Radio, and watched the Reds TV feed (without comms). Bloody good game it was too.

Only thing for me was that the streams were a bit out of sync (maybe up to 10 seconds at times, dunno if this was the same for others). I realise they weren't intended as a simulcast, but is there any possibility of a collaboration between the two teams so that commentary can be added onto the Reds TV feed? As the Honey Badger might say, that would be outstanding.

Out of sync for me too, but you can pause the one that's ahead until the other catches up, works best whenever the ref blows the whistle, you can normally hear it on both. Obviously not an ideal solution though, hopefully the can sort out something a bit more seamless for the NRC.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Kiap will ask the question. Not sure why they don't put commentary on the broadcast. Could be a bandwidth thing?
Cheers Reg.

It won't be a bandwidth issue. The Reds TV already has audio, i.e. crowd noises, and anyway audio makes up a very small component of a digital TV stream BW — I used to work in broadcast. It'd be an organisational/business question first (the main issue) and then hopefully a (fairly simple) technical patch-in of the commentary audio at the venue.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Out of sync for me too, but you can pause the one that's ahead until the other catches up, works best whenever the ref blows the whistle, you can normally hear it on both. Obviously not an ideal solution though, hopefully the can sort out something a bit more seamless for the NRC.

Ta, might try that next time as an interim fix. I sort of noticed the lag varied a bit but didn't want to be restarting the thing. As you say, though, pausing it on the whistle might be the go.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Ok, I need links and times for the live streaming of games. is there anywhere on GAGR one can look that up?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Apparently none of the 1st round games will be live streamed and some never.

I’m afraid it’s bad news on the live streaming front, however.
My understanding is that Fox Sports only gave agreement to allow non-broadcast matches to be streamed live very late last week.
However all three clubs hosting games this Saturday and Sunday tell me that the short turnaround time and the costs involved mean that getting streams up for this weekend is just not possible.
It’s not brilliant news to start the competition.
NSW Country are working as a high priority on streaming their three remaining home games, while the Canberra Vikings and Melbourne Rising won’t be streaming any home games due to prohibitive cost (Rising also have two home games covered by Fox Sports).
The Reds tell me that all non-Fox Sports Brisbane City and Queensland Country games will be live streamed via www.redsrugby.com.au, while I’ve not yet spoken to the three Sydney sides as yet.
The ARU have confirmed they will have full match replays and highlights up on their ARUTV online channels on the Monday following every round. Check out their YouTube channel or the NRC site over the weekend and Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.