• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National Rugby Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Apparently none of the 1st round games will be live streamed and some never.
It
Apparently none of the 1st round games will be live streamed and some never.

It's far from ideal. Foxtel have really screwed us there. If they did this a month ago then the issue could have been sorted. I wonder if the Sydney based groups might look to get the guys behind the Shute Shield stream to do likewise.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Disappointing. From the Rising perspective, they can't broadcast the first one, the middle two are being broadcast, and the last may end being broadcast (I don't think, round 9 broadcasts have been confirmed yet?) as well as the costs to record at AAMI likely to be higher than at the suburban grounds.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Have a look at this add for the old ARC. Great add and gives me goosebumps! Few familiar faces in there too that would've been relative unknowns in 2007. Here's hoping the NRC unearths the next freaks of Australian Rugby! :D

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Must say the QRU's attempt at promoting the NRC is not leaving anything to be desired, besides what feels like 3 million emails about it recently from them, today I also get a full match day program for tonight's game + curtain raisers.

Full points for effort from the QRU

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I reckon around 1000 tomorrow night. Regardless the tv will be shooting into that empty western stand so it will look empty. With rain predicted it may well be.

I need to correct myself on a few things here.

1) tickets are tracking for a crowd more than 1000.

2) the QRU have convinced Fox sports to set up in the eastern stand and shoot back towards the McLean stand, which is an excellent outcome.

3) showers less likely now.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

---art_ewen_mckenzie_20130708165207170543-620x349.jpg

http://www.redsrugby.com.au/Portals/10/2014/Documents/NRC/140821-NRC-Weekly.pdf

T

TOCC

2) the QRU have convinced Fox sports to set up in the eastern stand and shoot back towards the McLean stand, which is an excellent outcome.

I was just about to post this, you can see the sponsorship logos on the ground facing the Eastern Stand... Ballymore looking fantastic as usual.
apyqytup.jpg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
TOCC you can just see in the shadows at the half way point of the stadium a blue construction which will be where the cameras shoot from.

Look for The Australian getting some free advertising as that sign on the McLean stand hasn't been changed since the 80s?

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
old ARC add was great wouldn't mind as jets said above, keeping the same concept with different players or even trying to incorporate the two adds together, say like footage of 2007 Beale walking in the train tunnel with KB (Kurtley Beale) voice over "you didn't know me then" then cut to few highlights of him playing wallabies etc with commentary screaming his name followed by shot of modern day KB (Kurtley Beale) in rams jersey going "but you know me now" then have a new player enter frame (jed hollaway etc?) then he says "but you don't know me....yet" followed by NRC logo with voice over "The NRC, where wallabies are made" or "The NRC, where future wallabies come to play"

could do it in Melbourne with burgess, in qld with the Fainga'a twins and in Canberra with pocock

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
One of the journos (maybe Iain Payten) posted on twitter that 35 guys from the ARC have since played for the Wallabies.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
I meant in terms of the concept. Besides pretty sure the NRL draw was released before the NRC concept was even signed off on, let alone when the draw was realeased all of 3 weeks ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.