• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Scots played their NO 8 at first receiver alot today, this didnt work to any great extent, slippery ball and was dropped frequently by both teams.

Emery had a great game, managed to clear the ball well even when the scrum was going backwards.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
A few changes in the TSC pack today ....... Usual Number 6 was playing 8, usual number 1 was playing 6, and usual number 8 was playing 7 .......

BIg Jake

Frank Nicholson (4)
Riverview was always dominant in the main match .Yes some knock ons mostly from the weather but 2 of Joeys tries were against the run of play and opportunistic.Riverview seemed to be able to dial it up when ever they needed to and were clearly on top the whole of the second half.Joeys did take it to them though and the Riverview players report it was a really tough game physically and it certainly was a very exciting game. Hutcos "solo"try came from a brilliant cut out pass and yes a fantastic arching Hutchinson try at amazing speed but hardly solo.Another game that showed that GPS rugby is alive and kicking.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
As we get into the last rounds of the GPS Rugby, this competition has become far more interesting in all top three grades than many (me included) expected at the start. Its also been good to get reports on some of the lower grades, thus presenting a broader picture.

With Scots v Shore in the firsts what more can I say? Looking at the overall table and for and against, those Shore boys really must have played out of their skins. So near and yet so far away. A Shore victory would have thrown the first comp wide open, a totally unexpected outcome.

Ah, the thirds. Well, that is now down to Grammar v TAS v Scots all on 12 points and ranked in that order on for and against. Last year the minnows came first, fourth and eighth. This year they are doing better still. At the moment, the most likely outcome is that 2 of the 3 top spots will be minnows; SGS remains favourite.

And SBHS? I suspect that the boys were disappointed to lose to TAS. I have a very soft spot for SBHS. My last ever game of GPS rugby was against SBHS 2nds! From memory, we won.

But now look at the stats. Last year, SBHS played eight games, won one, drew one, lost six, with a 49/127 for and against. This year, SBHS has played seven games, winning three, losing four, with a 136/139 for and against. That's very real improvement. With a bye to go, SBHS is guaranteed 8 points. The absolute worst that SBHS can do in ladder terms is seventh, up one. They deserve to be higher than that, mind you.

I see that a forum has opened on the 2015 comp. I am staying here until the deadly end. Just to many interesting things! :)

runtheunders12345

Bob McCowan (2)
First time yesterday i saw scots go away from their PODS structure due to the conditions. Did reasonably well considering the conditions but hands down to shore on an amazing effort. unlucky they didnt pull through cause they deserved the win

Up and Over

Frank Nicholson (4)
Agreed. To show Shore a yellow card for a first-time, cynical breakdown infringement inside their 22, and to then not do the same against Scots (inside the 10 from a quick tap inside the Scots 22) was a game changer.
Consistency is always a challenge for some referees that are under pressure.

Up and Over

Frank Nicholson (4)
Interestingly and disappointingly at the post match function the English Head of Rugby for Scots focused more on how his lads played so well under pressure and stood up in the conditions versus recognizing and giving respect that there was another team who was also playing ....

runtheunders12345

Bob McCowan (2)
Interestingly and disappointingly at the post match function the English Head of Rugby for Scots focused more on how his lads played so well under pressure and stood up in the conditions versus recognizing and giving respect that there was another team who was also playing ..

clearly you werent listening then! He couldn't give enough praise of the Shore 1sts team and of the character and resilience they showed. He barely mentioned how 'his' team had performed on the day...

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
How many times has that joeys 15as team drawn with riverview . 3 times this year unless I am mistaken.

Correct. In the first round game Joeys scored on the bell to draw it 12-12, yesterday View scored on the bell to draw it 12-12!

Also the third year in a row Joeys and View have drawn in seconds.

Having seen Shore and View over the last two weeks I think the lads from
Northbridge could cause a few problems next week.

James Day

Stan Wickham (3)
thoughts on the possibility of View knocking over shore and then scots to become joint premiers? Will be tough if injury rules out captain pritchard.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Riverview will be under no illusions as to the task ahead of them when they head to Northbridge next Saturday. Shore gave them an almighty jolt in the 1st rd & View did well to escape after Shore took the lead with about 3 mins on the clock. That performance seemed to instill belief into Shore who have had a much better season than last year.

Can't imagine that there'll be any complacency from View. It'll be Shore's last home game of the season & they'll be more than up to take View's scalp. I'm looking forward to the battle. I suspect that View will just do enough to get the win as they've done in a number of games. Hoping that Pritchard's injury is not too serious.

View know that the prize that awaits them is the opportunity for a co-premiership (unless New could remarkably reverse a 101-0 loss). They'll need to maintain the form that saw them take a 21-0 half-time lead before Scots turned it on in the 2nd stanza. A wet track at Bellevue in the last rd might also aid View's chances.

A couple of cracking rounds to go.

Up and Over

Frank Nicholson (4)
clearly you werent listening then! He couldn't give enough praise of the Shore 1sts team and of the character and resilience they showed. He barely mentioned how 'his' team had performed on the day.
You must have arrived late - it was Toby that spoke about Shore with those words. Nice to hear a very humble guy from TSC

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
I agree, but only if there is plenty of rain. The forecast is for a shower or two every day for the rest of the week.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)

Having seen your posts a few times, it seems you are always so willing to write view off and at times by a lot, could i hear a further explanation to this theory? I just can't seem to see why you write them off so easily, last shore round, both joeys rounds, you thought Scots would put a cricket score on them, these are just a few from memory

Status
Not open for further replies.