• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
That journalist is a fucking parasite. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will get the recognition from the fans and his teammates he deserves for a titanic achievement. Same as every other centurion.

I hope if Quade gets onto he bench, Genia gets on there too. They will be good for each other, and bringing Quade in mitigates the need to have Nic White in the 23 for kicking and game management reasons late in the match.

Up the wallabies

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sir Ritchie GOAT gave the last couple a bottle of plonk (Habana game 101, and JdV game 100) after the match in Wellington.

Dollars to a knob of goatsh!t that they will do this again.

The big question is do the AIG's have to also donate a crate of champers to the extended AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) family to show proper respect?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I think I remember when Mealamu played his 100th our boys gave him something too. A large box. Possibly donuts. Probably the la di da ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
I think I remember when Mealamu played his 100th our boys gave him something too. A large box. Possibly donuts. Probably the la di da ones.

It contained a couple of bottles of wine.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
So here's a conundrum: How do you get the family of players to just keep their gobs shut?
----
You'd think simply for the sake of the public image of their own kid they'd be a lot more self-conscious of the light they've put themselves in. Most of the posters here are level-headed enough to separate comments by AACs family from how AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) thinks or feels - but I think we can also degree that large groups of the general public do not.

After the Dublin 6 interjection by his family, this is not a good look at all.

It makes me think of the helicopter mother's who would attend meetings between their 20-something child and the kids college professor.

the Ashley-Cooper/Bond family story is quite fascinating. there are some interesting characters including two Wallabies and some very successful businesspeople. there's also more than a hint of intrigue here and there.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
It makes me think of the helicopter mothers who would attend meetings between their 20-something child and the kids college professor.

that gave me a great laugh, especially after reading this morning of the latest category of mothers - the lawnmower variety.

the Wallabies seem, so me, to want one of each for all members of the "playing group".

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I'm just looking forward to the game because I am sick to death of the white noise surrounding this off field nonsense and just get back to the rugby.

I have an empty feeling in the gut that there will only be one-sided rugby on display this coming weekend.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm pumped for Saturday! Looking forward to Bled 3!!!

I generally don't read much news and I haven't spent more than a couple of minutes in the KB (Kurtley Beale) thread. So all that's on my mind is a Bledisloe Cup match! YEW!!! :)

By all means guys keep reading the crap but you're just stoking the fire. They will print what the majority evidently can't help but be drawn to.

I'm in the 'ignorance is bliss' pool. Come on in, the water's freakin lovely! :)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I hope that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) gets his due recognition for what has been a largely outstanding career in gold. I'd be very surprised if the AB's didn't recognise it in some way, given the class with which they've given and received on such occasions.

Rugby Is My Life

Herbert Moran (7)
Carn wallabies whens team announcement?

Probably after they work out who is still standing following the independent tribunal. Beale will be gone, Ewen seems punch drunk with terrible selections and farcical half time concepts, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s family are busy picking stinks about poor 100 test celebrations & Hooper is out of his depth as Wallaby captain with dumb $hit comments.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Probably after they work out who is still standing following the independent tribunal. Beale will be gone, Ewen seems punch drunk with terrible selections and farcical half time concepts, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s family are busy picking stinks about poor 100 test celebrations & Hooper is out of his depth as Wallaby captain with dumb $hit comments.

Otherwise the test preparation is coming along swimmingly:)

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I hope that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) gets his due recognition for what has been a largely outstanding career in gold. I'd be very surprised if the AB's didn't recognise it in some way, given the class with which they've given and received on such occasions.

I just hope the recognition he receives from the ABs does not outclass what the ARU does for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.