• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Lions 7pm Friday 27th Mar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^ A tool to assist with cohesiveness is a having a game plan underpinned by an overall game management strategy with simple but effective starter plays and structures.

Is RG finally admitting somewhat obliquely, and Dingoesque, that there is no such thing in Camp Red?

Is this yet another excuse, this time somewhat preemptive, to try to save his career at Ballymore?

The Reds need to win this match handsomely by playing simple and effective rugby. Anything less than that and the knives will be well and truly sharpened for RG, or at least those that aren't already in a razer sharp state.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
If the Reds lose Friday, RG truly becomes untenable. Somewhat of a win-win really, but I really hope QC (Quade Cooper) comes back and gives the team at least some direction.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Lions by seven.

Scrumming, tackling and counter attack. There's the game plan with a bit of kicking for deception.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Apparently the season really begins now, at least that's what reading the Twitter feed throughout the day has led me to believe.

The Lions play a similar type of high tempo game to the Clan where they really contest the breakdown intelligently. I think we could be in trouble, caught behind the ad line all night. I just hope the game plan is not to just give it to Quade like it became last year.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Lions #7 name is Tacklebag!

This guy?

v7qfti.jpg

D

daz

If the Reds lose Friday, RG truly becomes untenable.

Well, the Rebels just lost to them, as did the Blues. Sure, those two teams are not exactly known world beaters either, but if the Reds join that list, I'd probably have to concede that 3 wins on tour shows the Lions are far better than everyone thinks.

Either that, or the Blues, Rebels and Reds are truly fucking awful!

:oops:

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
If the Reds lose Friday, RG truly becomes untenable. Somewhat of a win-win really, but I really hope QC (Quade Cooper) comes back and gives the team at least some direction.

I hope they announce he is fired before the game.

The last thing the Reds need is for a couple of classy wins and then resiging RG for another few seasons.

T

TOCC

I hope they announce he is fired before the game.

The last thing the Reds need is for a couple of classy wins and then resiging RG for another few seasons.

Isn't that exactly what most people want, for RG to resign ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Heading to this one tonight and looking forward to it.

Can't wait to see JOC (James O'Connor) and Kuridrani combined with Quade's vision. Their return will mean nothing unless our forwards front up. Once again I worry RG won't have a game plan and we will fall apart but I'm optimistic.

Reds by 10.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
RG be damned, I'm just happy to see quade back in red, it's been too damn long. Hopefully he gets the opportunity to link with kerevi, JOC (James O'Connor) and Kuridrani. Will also be looking for him to use Thomson to play a bit of that role higgers used to play, popping up out wide and using his size and athleticism to good effect.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
This delayed kickoff is going to be the death of me. Why did I set an alarm like the match would be played at the same damn time it's been played on Fridays at Suncorp for the last several years..

Personally, I blame RG.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Come on the Reds. Want to see some cohesion and aggression up front, and a bit of spark in the backs with Cooper back in the game. Lions will do the meat and potatoes well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.