• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Lions 7pm Friday 27th Mar

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
The Match thread rules. Please paste these in the first post of any match thread.

This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.

Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

The Lions had a late & unexpected win against the Rebels on Friday night.
Maybe this will make them more relaxed, especially after a nice week down the Gold Coast.
And maybe they don't really fire on all cylinders come Friday night. As a Reds' supporter, one can only hope.
With Greg Holmes, Ben Daley, Beau Robinson, Quade Cooper, Samu Kerevi, Lachie Turner and James O’Connor all becoming available, this will be a pivotal game for the Reds.
A lot of good name players, but lack of match fitness across the field could present problems.
Win, and it hopefully is the start to a much improved season from what has already occurred.
Lose, and will the 13th position from last year even be obtainable?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Everyone back except Simmons from the sound of it.

The season is probably shot but we can gather some pride and upset a lot of teams if we play the way we should with the cattle we now have on the park.

A good game plan by Sir Richard, one that is achievable and executed well should get us a win this week.

Now there are no excuses !!!!!!!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
A dangerous side the Lions. That is the beauty of Super Rugby as every team has it on any given day and consistency is really the only thing that sorts the lot out.

I don't want us rushing all these players back into the starting 15 as we could easily come unstuck. We need Cooper straight back but we must control his return. He won't be match fit but we need the guidance at 10. I have no issue seeing him hidden in defense for this one.

Beau has also been out for a long time and despite not having Gill, we should still bring him back through the bench. Shift the back row around and either use Shatz or Thompson as a make do 7.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Look out Reds. Can't afford to take these guys laxitively.

Every time these Lions have looked down and out, they have come back and ground out a victory.

T

TOCC

1. Slipper
2. Hanson
3. Holmes
4. Kotze
5. Horwill
6. Thomson
7. Robinson
8. Shatz
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Turner
12. Tapuai
13. Kerevi
14. Kuridrani
15. JOC (James O'Connor)

Thats the best looking team the Reds have been able to field all year... no excuses

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I hope the referee watched the Tahs v Brumbies game yesterday and gives Cooper the same rulings on forward passes.

When the Reds were very good a few years ago he was allowed to pass very very flat balls that were not pulled up, if his last few games he was getting pulled up for flat passes being called forward.

I think the season is over but am interested in how the Reds WC hopefuls will play.

I think the Reds performances this season actually work out well for Cooper, he has a great opportunity to look like a miracle worker and the best player in the world if the Reds go on a streak and get into contention.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
1. Slipper
2. Hanson
3. Holmes
4. Kotze
5. Horwill
6. Thomson
7. Robinson
8. Shatz
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Turner
12. Tapuai
13. Kerevi
14. Kuridrani
15. JOC (James O'Connor)

Thats the best looking team the Reds have been able to field all year. no excuses

Wonderful on paper yet drastically short on match fitness.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Tui is still recovering from his broken leg at this point isn't he? Or was he on track for this game?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Can anyone confirm if the Lions are in camp on the GC? It seems like any team that does manage to some how loose against us. I think the Reds should pay for all teams to stay there.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Can anyone confirm if the Lions are in camp on the GC? It seems like any team that does manage to some how loose against us. I think the Reds should pay for all teams to stay there.

Stop giving away our secrets. The gold coast tourism bureau will never forgive you.;)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

And be shown the sights by Greg Bird and big Dave Taylor - both blokes run a good line

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I would have preferred to see Shatz benched. He hasn't made any impact. Surely there are other guys that should get a shot

That may have happened if Gill wasn't suspended.

I agree and think he'd better have a beauty to retain the spot the week after

Cupboard is pretty bare

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
About QC (Quade Cooper)'s return. I hope it's not too soon then he succumbs to another injury

It's a WC's year. If we must wait more time is ok for me.

Reactions: gel

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
About QC (Quade Cooper)'s return. I hope it's not too soon then he succumbs to another injury

It's a WC's year. If we must wait more time is ok for me.

Mate ATM for me RWC is a long way off and I'm a bit more in State Trubal mode.

I hope he remains in---y free and plays well.

Foley has been good and will be 10 at Wallaby level. I reckon the best Quade can do realistically is get a bench spot. I'd be happy with having him injected in the last 20 - game changer at that point

Go the Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.