• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds Rd 8 Good Friday 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well why isn't he playing? I rate him better than Shipperley, Naivalu, English and Harris @ 15. I'd even play him at 13 and move Ellison to 12.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
We lost the game on that horrible lineout that they scored from not a penalty after a blatant forward pass.
C'mon. We took the lead 20 mins after that debacle of a lineout.

I like Taps but that was one of the worst penalties I've seen a pro player give away in a long time. When you're down by two you can't be giving away blatant penalties 30m out right in front with ten to go.

B

Bobby Sands

A thing that annoys me about the non-selection of Taps is that Ant is this supposedly superior defender. Taps is a very good defender, and if Ant is the better defensive player it is only marginal.

Ben is far, far better when we have the ball.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
A thing that annoys me about the non-selection of Taps is that Ant is this supposedly superior defender. Taps is a very good defender, and if Ant is the better defensive player it is only marginal.

Ben is far, far better when we have the ball.

Another thing I don't figure is that the Reds and Graham have come out and said that the Reds are trying to use the ball, play with some width. Yet he picks Ant & Samu in the midfield who could not throw a pass between them (both big strong carriers. I don't understand it!
Taps comes on with 20 to go and the game changers because keeps the defenders on the outside interested because of his catch pass skill set. The other two centers are head down bum up runners.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Taps has had very little game time. What he has done with it though is contribute more than guys that have three times the minutes.
He is one of the quickest guys in the team over 40m and is the perfect guy to have outside Quade and inside of Kerevi. You're entitled to your opinion Scrubber but I simply can't agree. I'm not sure you're watching him closely enough.

In any case, I hope they start him at 12 this weekend and let him have a good crack. He will add more than Ant I reckon. With the exception of Simmons we c old potentially field our strongest XV yet.
Slipper, Fainga'a, Holmes
Dules and Horwill
Thomson, Gill, Browning
Genia and Cooper
Kuridrani, Taps, Kerevi, JOC (James O'Connor) & Turner

Talakai, Daley, Hansen, Schatz, Kotze, Robinson (if fit), Fainga'a, Hunt, Frisby. Omit one depending on whether bench is 6/2 or 5/3.

EDIT: I really wanted to name Graham on a nine man bench with an asterisk next to his name and a note that said one to be omitted. :D

Scoey - agree with the Edit

Nont convinced on Taps - I certainly watch him closely as he is one of my favourite players. I know his abilities and just think he is off the nark a bit ATM

Curtis, when given opportunities has just not done enough to displace Jake Shatz. Jake certainly has not been playing great footy but Curtis hasn't grabbed his opportunity with both hands.

Really looking forward to Hunt playing. Bloke is the only player ATM who has brought zero to the team. He needs to repay the Reds big time

T

TOCC

4ead5e56f1d11960043aeb084dac7672.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Holmes starting, Talakai drops out of the 23.
Gill replaces Browning
CFS replaces Kuridrani
Tapuai injured??

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
“Curtis (Browning) is a little unlucky. He performed his role very well on the weekend, he was strong in the collision, however he’ll drop back to the bench.

“Greg (Holmes) has been rewarded with a start due to his scrummaging performance at the back end of the game. I also believe his experience and influence around the group will be beneficial particularly during the opening exchanges.

“Sam Talakai has done a good job for the team over the past six rounds but we need to keep the front row all ticking over. He will drop out of the squad and Sef (Faagase) will get an opportunity to contribute from the bench.

“Karmichael (Hunt) has trained with the team for the past two weeks after completing his stand down period. He was on a modified program for the previous month and returns in good physical condition. He is aware that he let the team down and is determined to make a positive contribution to our performance whenever he gets the opportunity.

- Nothing on Kuridrani being demoted to the bench.
- Tapuai?
- Talakai being rested - front row rotation?
- Browning I thought was awesome last week very unlucky to also be demoted

T

TOCC

Shatz plays a much bigger role at the line-out then Browning, Shatz looks to be running the lineout, I think when Simmons returns it will be easier to swap Shatz and Browning.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I would be interested to know what Cam Crawford doesn't do and why he is always overlooked

Really talented human, but at three different teams he has sat on the outer

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Pretty good team, Shame saia isnt hooking first up as he is a much better scrummager than Hanson - would have loved to have seen our best front row start.

I;m looking forward to JOC (James O'Connor) running great lines off Cooper - bloke has the ability to rip the game wide open

Go the Reds

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
I reckon this is close to our strongest starting side atm (of those fit & available). Quade's ability to throw long cut out passes should nullify FTA at 12 and with Kerevi gives us a couple of good crash ball runners in the centres.

Turner deserves his start at 15, thought he was very strong there last week and gives us a long accurate boot that can teleport us up into the Rebs 22 as needed.

Only question mark for me is why CFS over Kuridrani?? I though CK had done enough to hold his spot in the starting team and IMO is a greater threat in counter attack than CFS. Perhaps Dicky G just wrote "Chris" on the team sheet and the Red's unpaid intern wrote the wrong surname in the instagram pic?

Also, I sincerely hope Genia gets hooked for Frisby early if he plays like he did last week.

Thoughts?

T

TOCC

I reckon this is close to our strongest starting side atm (of those fit & available). Quade's ability to throw long cut out passes should nullify FTA at 12 and with Kerevi gives us a couple of good crash ball runners in the centres.

Turner deserves his start at 15, thought he was very strong there last week and gives us a long accurate boot that can teleport us up into the Rebs 22 as needed.

Only question mark for me is why CFS over Kuridrani?? I though CK had done enough to hold his spot in the starting team and IMO is a greater threat in counter attack than CFS. Perhaps Dicky G just wrote "Chris" on the team sheet and the Red's unpaid intern wrote the wrong surname in the instagram pic?

Also, I sincerely hope Genia gets hooked for Frisby early if he plays like he did last week.

Thoughts?

The 23 man lineup is in my opinion the best team the Reds have fielded(on paper) in 3 years.

I thought CFS was very effective last week when he came on, CK has been good but his last two games were a bit average.. Competition for spots brings out the best in players.

I look forward to seeing the likes of Karmichael, Browning, Fainga'a and Kuridrani come off the bench.. Reds should be able to close out a match for once.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Sounds good, you tell the rebels boys to call it quits at 60, I'll make sure the reds understand what's happening. ;)

Reactions: daz
Status
Not open for further replies.