• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Crusaders, round 15, Saturday 23 May @ Homebush

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Given we won by a bit last week, we'll probably collapse in a heap this week. Consistent we ain't.

I'll be coaching in the afternoon for a home game, and probably going to the Ettamogah for the presentations before jumping on a train at Seven Hills.

This means no pre-game drinks unfortunately, though with the migraines I've been having after booze lately, I think its probably end of the road for alcohol.

You clearly need to drink with me more often. Then, headaches will be the last thing on your mind. (pun intended)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crusaders: 15 Tom Taylor, 14 Nafi Tuitavake, 13 Ryan Crotty, 12 Dan Carter, 11 Nemani Nadolo, 10 Colin Slade, 9 Mitchell Drummond, 8 Kieran Read (captain), 7 Richie McCaw, 6 Jordan Taufua, 5 Sam Whitelock, 4 Luke Romano, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Ben Funnell, 1 Wyatt Crockett.
Replacements: 16 Codie Taylor, 17 Joe Moody, 18 Nepo Laulala, 19 Jimmy Tupou, 20 Matt Todd, 21 Andy Ellis, 22 Israel Dagg, 23 Jone Macilai.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Some strange decisions in there for me. Why is McCaw in over Todd? Drummond over Ellis? Is Bird injured?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^ McCaw because he needs pre-Test season game time; Drummond for his speed of service v Ellis' superior kicking game; and it's Bird's turn to be rested (but I'm surprised it's a total rest v a week on the bench).

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Here's to crusaders getting up.. For Rebels' sake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah. Crusaders get up they will more than likely take that spot in the finals you think the Rebels are in line for. Best hope for Aus is for the Tahs to finally put the Cru out of the running.

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
Nah. Crusaders get up they will more than likely take that spot in the finals you think the Rebels are in line for. Best hope for Aus is for the Tahs to finally put the Cru out of the running.

Not exactly.. Crusaders have canes in Wellington come rd 16, then Brumbies in Canberra rd 18. And who knows, Blues got up over Bulls last weekend and might still have a bit of a push for their match up at Eden with the saders.. So if all goes to plan, then I'd love to see the Rebs have a good stretch home.. And deep deep inside, I'd love to see the Tahs get up because it's just good for Aus rugby in general getting the big wins over NZ teams. But then my heart still, illogically, says 'everything in the rugby world, please move in Melbourne's favour'

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crusaders by 12.
Pains me to say it, but it's what I think. Tahs lacking polish.

I can see what you're trying to do there but your blokes are big favs for this one. On t'other hand the kiwi TAB are offering something like $6.25 for CruSadists by 11-20 so maybe you should chuck some pocket change (say $100) at it :)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not exactly.. Crusaders have canes in Wellington come rd 16, then Brumbies in Canberra rd 18. And who knows, Blues got up over Bulls last weekend and might still have a bit of a push for their match up at Eden with the saders.. So if all goes to plan, then I'd love to see the Rebs have a good stretch home.. And deep deep inside, I'd love to see the Tahs get up because it's just good for Aus rugby in general getting the big wins over NZ teams. But then my heart still, illogically, says 'everything in the rugby world, please move in Melbourne's favour'

I do like the way your heart 'thinks'. Unfortunately, my head says that if the Cru beat the Tahs, they will win every other game on the way to the finals, including the Brumbies, and beat out either the Rebels or Brumbies for the last finals spot. So go Tahs.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Just for a moment can we remember these are dirty, cheating KIWIS and they need to be put to the sword. Support your fellow Aussie you miserable, traitorous, buggers

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Dagg injured during warm ups. Inauspicious. Or "FUCK!" in basic Anglo-Saxon.

^^^^^^^ how exactly does one "silty" ones fellow Aussie? Sounds dodgy if you ask me...........

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Cheika: Right, get out there and kill, kill, kill. But first we need you to hold hands with a strange child as you walk out. That won't be distracting at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.