• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v. Springboks, 18th July 2015, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Fantastic - sooks sooks and sooks. Fair weather supporters. So called supporters give me the shits whether at club, Reds or Wallaby level.

BUT, there are always plenty of 'em out there and I suppose we, as a sport need to attract even sooks - Suppose they buy a white whine and a small low fat salad sandwich. It all counts I suppose

A Sooks $$$$$ are the same as a real passionate's $$$$$

By all means Scrubber, go to the game and I hope you enjoy it. But to make judgements on others for not attending is a bit rich. The name calling is pretty disappointing also.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
So yesterday they trained 9. Phipps 10. Cooper

It's been reported in the paper that yesterday they trained Genia/Foley/Giteau (9/10/12) almost exclusively. Not that it matters a great deal but where did you get your info?

M

Moono75

Perhaps they just have values they respect. Losing they can accept. Lack of morals they can't. Or not immediately anyway.

Well buy a ticket, turn up and boo the players whose lack of morals offend you and cheer on the rest of the team who are saints.

Its the glass half full concept rather than your current "my glass is friggin empty....and its not even a glass its a plastic cup...and it smells like it had shit XXXX in it......but someone else drunk it while i was in the pisser.....and why are my shoes wet......ooooh noooo I missed again" attitude ;)

T

Train Without a Station

I'm just relaying what people are telling me Moono. Personally I'm more indifferent. Not going to pay to watch a team that lost 3/4 on the EOYT.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It's been reported in the paper that yesterday they trained Genia/Foley/Giteau (9/10/12) almost exclusively. Not that it matters a great deal but where did you get your info?

I read it somewhere this morning, but everything I've read now trying to find it concurs with what you say! That said, wouldn't the other 'team' have had Phipps/Cooper/To'omua if that's the case?

By the sounds of it they are working through every combo so any combination of those 6 names when they announce the team won't surprise me.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
tracking mid 30s apparently

Last year's Test v France at Suncorp - 34,000 crowd.

When I researched this level last year it soon became clear that, prior to the above Test, the lowest ever Wallaby Test crowd at Suncorp since its inception in 2003 was 41,000.

So 34,000 last year was a substantial fall from the prior lowest-ever.

Given that, and as the Boks would generally be considered a far better rugby crowd puller than France, if we only get 35,000 on Saturday that must be considered a 'disappointing, probably very disappointing' crowd level.

M

Moono75

I'm just relaying what people are telling me Moono. Personally I'm more indifferent. Not going to pay to watch a team that lost 3/4 on the EOYT.

Fair enough....and no offense intended by the above. But I do expect you to turn a TV on Saturday and enjoy the game with a beer or two :)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I read it somewhere this morning, but everything I've read now trying to find it concurs with what you say! That said, wouldn't the other 'team' have had Phipps/Cooper/To'omua if that's the case?

By the sounds of it they are working through every combo so any combination of those 6 names when they announce the team won't surprise me.

It's all smoke and mirrors mate! Ahhh the drama!!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

Mate I wasn't happy with those results either.

But I follow the team through their highs AND lows.

Does that mean you only follow them when they win - maybe you should throw your support behind the Highlanders and AB's:)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
How about people stick to talking about the game, and not re-hashing last year's shitfight with the ARU or making judgmental statements about other posters' "worth" as supporters?
In case anyone aint sure, that was a rhetorical question.

M

Moono75

Aerial view of Suncorp on Saturday......the QLD'ers pack out the stadium :D

suncorp.jpg

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Hopefully we get 40+

I suspect there might well be pressure from (what f*^#ing street is that in Sydney where the ARU are headquartered) St Leonard's, to stack this game with Queenslanders (we r Queenslander!) to get the crowd numbers up.
So I see starting Slipper, Moore (ex Qld), Holmes, Horwell, Simmons, Pocock (ex Qld), Higginsbotham (ex Qld), Genia, Cooper, Mitchell (ex Qld), To'omua (ex Qld), Kuridrani (ex Qld), Folau (ex Qld).;)

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

When I researched this level last year it soon became clear that, prior to the above Test, the lowest ever Wallaby Test crowd at Suncorp since its inception in 2003 was 41,000.

Given that, and as the Boks would generally be considered a far better rugby crowd puller than France, if we only get 35,000 on Saturday that must be considered a 'disappointing, probably very disappointing' crowd level.

I was at the 2009 test between Aus & Fance. Really would not have thought there was over 40k that night.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
So last article I read by Jim Tucker had Genia at 9 with Foley at 10, after most of the press saying it will be Phipps/Cooper.

Anyone got anything more solid on who the halves will actually be?

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I think "fair weather" is way off the mark. Plenty of these "fair weather" supporters were the ones propping up Suncorp Stadium's attendance in the dark years of the 2000's. Perhaps they just have values they respect. Losing they can accept. Lack of morals they can't. Or not immediately anyway.

And back to my point. Complaining that the customer is wrong because they don't want to use your business hasn't gotten too many businesses too far to my knowledge at least.

Also there are plenty of 'customers' who don't attend games. The sport is elitist enough without building an inner elite within it.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
So last article I read by Jim Tucker had Genia at 9 with Foley at 10, after most of the press saying it will be Phipps/Cooper.

Like a stopped watch that is always right once a day, the press have picked every halves combination.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)

That's my concern

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

Fox ran an article where about 5 journos put THEIR team together and that was Tucker's. He was the only one to go with that combination from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.