• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
And a 10th knock on from BBC

Nudgee lead 39-5

There's the 11th

And the 12th

And 13th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kepu

Herbert Moran (7)
FT TGS 33 def ACGS 31.

ACGS had a penalty inside the 22 in last play and opted to take the scrum instead of points.

Toowoomba by far the better team today. Although Churchie came back well in the second half they just couldn't get it done after multiple opportunities to do so in the final 15.

Cannot see ACGS defeating NC next week..

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
And a 10th knock on from BBC

Nudgee lead 39-5

There's the 11th

And the 12th

And 13th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worst display i have seen for a BBC team in a long long time - and that is saying something
it is hard to believe that a team with 5 players in Aussie squads and 7 in Qld squads could be that bad?
how bad was the passing ?? how bad were the lineouts.???
BBC have had one plan for weeks now - give it to Ngamanu And hope he does something. Ikatu clearly not fit.
Hewatt was not just the best player on the field but the best player on 2 fields. he was that much better than everyone else - it was ridiculous.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
TGS 5 tries, 4 converted, ACGS 5 tries 3 converted

As Kepu has said above, Churchie will rue its poor execution in the last 5-7 mins of the game (scores were T 33 C 31) when they commanded possession within meters of the TGS line.

They were the lesser of the two teams today (not by much, but enough), yet they skilfully got themselves into a position to land the hammer blow at the death, only to come up short after 3 attempts with a combination of white line fever and poor patience....magnified in their negative consequences by generally excellent TGS line defence.

Nonetheless, it would be objective to say that with those last multiple opportunities right upon TGS's line, Churchie could have and should have won. Again, credit to TGS.

B Croft's running game was, as is typical, magnificent; his general kicking (multiple clearing kicks missed touch, ditto a crucial penalty kick for the line) and captaincy, not so much.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
at Nudgee today
Nc won 12A , BBC won 13a by 25 ( in fact won all 5 under 13 Matches) won 14 A by 25 , NC won 15 A by 2 tries after it was 7 all with 10 to go and BBC player got sin binned.
NC won 16A and 2 nds by 10 points.
very impressed by NC 16 A. BBC pumped TsS in 16A so NC clear favourites.
NC were brilliant in 1st xv . talk about linespeed in defence !!!

Butcher stripe

Bob McCowan (2)
On Drugs ?

You bet !

Jokes BAG .

Yes it will be a spirited encounter when the Green Machine play the Red and Black , and yes , it will likely decide 3rd place behind IGS and State High ( I can't see State High beating Ipswich )

Toowoomba Grammar are no slouches . They are a good team and I think they will give you a good game . I think they are better than TSS . Just . More consistent depth .

B&G if you give the 5/8 no room and keep it in the forwards you should be ok. BBC forwards very soft up the middle.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
B&G if you give the 5/8 no room and keep it in the forwards you should be ok. BBC forwards very soft up the middle.

Terrace won't be able to place anywhere near the pressure For BBC to do16 knock ons

Only the wallabies will do that many as they are poised to do as we speak

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
@gungenia completely agree about 16A. NC really impressive 19-0 win, that scrum....it was outstanding...I'm a bit of a scrum tragic and it was great to see the technical skills.
15A was a good game, really enjoyable watch. NC just had too much in the end.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Won't get a chance to use all these interviews in the match report, so thought I'd leave them up here for the forum

Bobby Tuttle, Queensland Country NRC, Nudgee Premiership-winning
Captain (2013)
What were your thoughts on the game?
I thought the boys really dug in there to the end.
I’d heard throughout the week that BBC had a really good side this year, that they’d nearly beaten Southport and that Nudgee had a few injuries to key players.
I thought Nudgee might have struggled a bit today, but Ross [Oval] has sort of helped them out a bit, getting the win 39-10 after a strong lead at halftime, closed out the second half well to get the win.
Who were your individual stand-outs?
Nudgee 10 Augustus [Rangihuna] went very well, Reece Hewat was strong at Number 8.
I thought BBC had a very slick backline, their 10 [Tiaontin Raoren], 13 [Len Ikitau], 14 [Ben Simpson] and 15 [Jayden Ngamanu] for them looked really good.
I know a lot of them are in the Australian Schoolboys side, so best of luck to them in September when they take on New Zealand.

Gerard Alexander, Nudgee First XV head coach:
What were your thoughts on the game?
I’m just so proud of the effort, we knew BBC would be very, very hard to beat having only lost to Southport 17-15, and we’ve had a few injury concerns, so I’m really proud of how we played.
Who did you get back today? I noticed Kalala Meni running around out there
Kalala Meni we got back today, Semisi Tupou came back and held it together for about two-thirds of the game. They made a huge difference
BBC made plenty of handling errors, how much pressure did that take off you guys?
I think that the pressure was from us, we've tried to play like that and cause errors, so we’ve done it against every team we played so far.
Toowoomba Grammar made heaps of errors, and again last week we forced Grammar into making heaps of errors as well, so I hope we can keep doing that for the rest of the year.
Undefeated three games in, how are you feeling approaching that home stretch?
It’s a tough road.
We had this game, then Churchie and Southport who are the two undefeated teams as well as us, so we’ve still got a hard road ahead.
Did you have any individual stand-outs from the game?

I wouldn’t think so. I’m really very proud of the whole team effort.
Organisationally we did a lot of good things out there, our lineout was particularly good, so I’m proud of that

Stephen Phillpots, BBC and Australian Schoolboys head coach:

What was your take on the match?

Obviously they were a very good Nudgee side, they certainly turned up today.
Their speed of execution and speed at the breakdown recycling the ball got us early on got us, and they put points on the board.
It was tough for our boys to adjust to the speed of the game.
In the second half we came back a bit, but we made a lot of mistakes. You can’t keep turning the ball over, giving them more opportunities to attack us.
I counted thirteen knock-on’s during the game, but at the end there you managed to string some phases together. What was the cause of that?

We just held some ball.
As you’ve identified, obviously we made a lot of mistakes particularly with our catch-pass and knock-on, and we know you can’t keep giving that much possession to a side like Nudgee.
Who were your individual stand-outs today, from both Nudgee and BBC?

Reece Hewat again was very good at eight, he led the boys around the paddock, so he was good there.
For us, we worked hard 1-15, but I couldn’t really pick a stand-out right now to be honest.

Reece Hewat, Nudgee captain
What was it like out there for you on the field?

It was amazing. I think we’ve finally found our rhythm again, those first few games we were quite rusty but I think we’ve found ourselves today. Really good day.
On Halley Appleby Memorial Cup day, how special was it for Nudgee to pick up the win?

It’s just absolutely amazing, all the boys have really gee’d up about it. There’s quite a connection, him being a Nudgee Old Boy, it was a big build up this week just hearing about his story and how much he loved Rugby.
It was really good to get the win for him today.

Lineouts were spectacular today between you and Tom Zappala, how good was that for you guys?

Yeah nah it was really good, there’s a real combination between us two, we’ve played together for a few years now, so the lineout is one of our real strengths.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
my congrats to Nudgee College
To win without Moseley was good but win playing that style of rugby was brilliant.
I counted 20 phase plays on your 2 nd try . you did not lose a single lineout and scored 2tries from rolling mauls.Your linespeed in defence was so quick the much vaunted BBC backs bumbled and fumbled all day .
I take my hat off to you- the ghosts of Ross oval continue to haunt.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Fairly honest assessment by Phillpotts.BBC seemed shocked with the pace of the Game.
Gee I laughed st the Western Force recruitment guy next to Me with his note book.
On last page he wrote NC 8 !!!!!
NC 6&3 !!!
BBC 15 ?
mate i could have told you that before the game started

Status
Not open for further replies.