1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by Scott from Scotland, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Filipo Levi Bob McCowan (2)

Is this the right thread for commentary on the "Emerging reds" program, that's currently being run? Just interested in understanding how participants are being selected and what the criteria is if anyone knows? is this a legit pathway or another QRU/ARU money spinner?
  2. Bladerunner Frank Nicholson (4)

I have heard from a Terrace parent that the 13s next year will have some very good kids injected into the school, a couple from this years Met North and City team. Not sure if this age group needs anymore but I hear they are very good.
  3. warrenwobble Ted Fahey (11)

I hope they are covering a few other topics at the Brothers Info night like:

"Coping with being called The Filth for the rest of your playing days"

"Learning how to make the most cutting, smart arse comments from the sideline and then avoiding the fight Presentation"

"Pathway to being a pain in the arse to every referee who blew a whistle presentation"

Just jokes Brothers - but you did put the post up!
  4. Filipo Levi Bob McCowan (2)

you referencing - this years 12s or this years 13s? by all accounts the Terrace 12s were very strong this year anyway.
    But I am sure there will be additions in all schools in these age groups that's a given
  5. Bladerunner Frank Nicholson (4)

Sorry I was referring to this years 12s, 13s next year. I believe the 12s backline in particular the 2 centres were the stars, the kids I was told about are forwards. You are right with a massive intake next year the teams will no doubt change.
  6. Old Red Allen Oxlade (6)

Selected players must have been selected and participated in the Junior Gold Cup.
  7. Filipo Levi Bob McCowan (2)

Great thanks for the heads up.A friend of mine who's boy is taking part, was surprised by how many "Selected" boys do not play Union at all and did not participate in the JGC this year, so I was just wondering what the criteria actually was in fact he tells me some good players who did play JGC this year missed out on taking part, that's how it goes I guess. Anyone know anymore about this as it sounds like something my son might be interested in if hes selected in JGC this year
  8. Old Red Allen Oxlade (6)

Well that's totally wrong if they have done that, Why set rules or policies for selection then break them?
    Makes sense why they didn't announce the squad on their web or Facebook, they know it would piss people off.

Here is there post from March.
    Reds Under-15 and Under-17 squads have been selected by Reds Elite Development staff following the culmination of the 2015 Junior Gold Cup round-robin stages.

Both sides will play NSW on Saturday, 4 April, at Ballymore on the Easter long weekend.

The squads consist of 23-players and criteria for selection was that players participated in the 2015 Junior Gold Cup as a member of one of the Queensland sides.

Outside of the squads of 23, players will also be identified for an Emerging Reds camp in September.

And sorry guys Yer, should be in Gold cup forum.
    Will post any more info there.
  9. Neville Magee Stan Wickham (3)

But lots of pics for their portfolios.
    Prince Henry likes this.
  10. The sage Vay Wilson (31)

Ah Warren, all those wonderful memories come flooding back! Think I just take a pleasant roll in the mud.excuse me for a bit.
  11. warrenwobble Ted Fahey (11)

Love it Sage. You enjoy that. Well deserved. The comp would not be the same without the Filth and we all bloody well know it!!
    The sage likes this.
  12. Japan ranked #1 Frank Row (1)

The TSS highlight vid
  13. Blue & white Watty Friend (18)

Congrats to Ress Hewatt -captain Aussie Schoolboys .well deserved.
    Taipan168 and TheKing like this.
  14. GSP Fred Wood (13)

lets hope former BGS player Greg Martin does not make a fool of himself tonight like he did against Fiji when he said at halftime of that match : " this game w ill open up , I expect Australia to win by 40 "
  15. RedsHappy Tony Shaw (54)

HJ Nelson and TheKing like this.
  16. Lion Ward Prentice (10)

Does any one know of a Bronco's School boy Rugby League competition.
    I have heard that it will run at the same time as either the GPS and AIC competitions. The objective is to develop a RL competition in the private schools.
  17. Blue & white Watty Friend (18)

correct . Large incentives are offered.
    Ashgrove have entered a team.
  18. Lion Ward Prentice (10)

Do you have any further details?? Will boys have to choose League or Union?
  19. DarkSide Sydney Middleton (9)

The GT 14A side season highlights. Unfortunately the video doesn't have footage from every game. There is some talent to manage through to the firsts at GT for sure!

On a side note, I have heard also that next years GT 13s and 14s will have new players. About 2 for each.
  20. Blue & white Watty Friend (18)

On a side note, I have heard also that next years GT 13s and 14s will have new players. About 2 for each.

Oh don't be so conservative.
    I know at least 4 boys that played in the QRL under 13 team including the captain -going to GT in under 14 next year.
    Also the 2 new star players in under 12 (related to the new 13 who was in the 14 As) will have 2 or 3 friends or relatives in GT in grade 8 next year.

Wait for the explosion from the "traditionalists" when little Jonnie is in the B team because of these new boys.They are all good Polynesian kids though.
    Add in the Cav Road High boys and Wavell High boys and GT are catching NC in the import stakes.
    Still a way to go to catch TSS and the others.