• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v USA Eagles, 5th September, Soldier Field, Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm almost certain this is the first test Folau has missed since he debuted in 2013. 33 on the trot prior to this.

Edit: For Michael Hooper, he has been selected in every test since he debuted (48 tests in a row!) but didn't make it off the bench in the third test against Wales and first Bledisloe in 2012. His streak of being capped in consecutive tests was over 40.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
For Michael Hooper I think he didn't get selected for two tests in 2012 but apart from that has played every test since he debuted (including more than 40 in a row).

You sure? He played every Test up until Pocock's injury in 2012, I can't remember him not playing since then either.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Carter is clearly the next in line anyway.

Horwill seems to be MIA. Not even playing for City.

Yeah that's very odd. Was looking forward to seeing him roll out for City.
He may have headed to London early too. Gotta find his new digs and is probably required to be holidaying there in a couple of weeks time anyway.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You sure? He played every Test up until Pocock's injury in 2012, I can't remember him not playing since then either.

Halfway in between!

The two tests he didn't play he was on the bench but didn't get onto the field. The third Wales test in 2012 and the first Bledisloe in 2012.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah that's very odd. Was looking forward to seeing him roll out for City.
He may have headed to London early too. Gotta find his new digs and is probably required to be holidaying there in a couple of weeks time anyway.

Probably, White and Betham have already started in Europe.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Halfway in between!

The two tests he didn't play he was on the bench but didn't get onto the field. The third Wales test in 2012 and the first Bledisloe in 2012.

Yeah I just had a look, incredible Pocock played the 80 when he did his medial in that game

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I doubt he's cracked the shits.
I would imagine he would be on RWC standby.
Pretty confident he'd be playing if he could be.
This is the match thread for a game he's not playing in - we should move on.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There was a lot made of the number of outside backs taken to the RWC, but as I've mentioned elsewhere - Kuridrani is the only dedicated outside centre on the roster and although AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) would be the primary backup he's already our first choice winger.......

Clearly Speight is being considered as the backup OC against the minnows which will be interesting to watch.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
There was a lot made of the number of outside backs taken to the RWC, but as I've mentioned elsewhere - Kuridrani is the only dedicated outside centre on the roster and although AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) would be the primary backup he's already our first choice winger...

Clearly Speight is being considered as the backup OC against the minnows which will be interesting to watch.

I reckon Speight would make a damned good 13 if he had the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.