• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 SYDNEY COLTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilfer80

Frank Nicholson (4)
Anyone know where the team lists are posted this season?

I cannot find the Sydney rugby website from last season with fixtures/results/ladder/team lists/player points...

????????

Rugbyhigh

Frank Row (1)
Stop raiding the struggling clubs.

It is going to kill the game.

It may already be too late.

To Late the horse has bolted

There is 2 clubs that feel the need to have all the best players at their disposal

To justify their recruiting & dominance

Back in the day all clubs would recruit foe 1st colts but not to warehouse all the talent

Stats 1st Colts Uni 2002 -2017 (16 GF) won 14, lost 2 to 6 different opposition

2nd Colts Uni 2002 – 2017 (16 GF) won 13, lost 3 to 6 different opposition

3rd Colts Uni 2002 -2017 (13 GF) won 7, lost 5, Drew 1 to 6 different opposition
:(

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Uni will be the first and last rugby club in Sydney- perhaps they could make a few quid selling the end by date on their jersey

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tom Osbourne and Darcy Breen both named as Uni First Colts as 1 & 3. Both players have been in the wider Junior Wallaby squad also.

Different coaches, different selectors see things differently

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
To Late the horse has bolted

There is 2 clubs that feel the need to have all the best players at their disposal

To justify their recruiting & dominance

Back in the day all clubs would recruit foe 1st colts but not to warehouse all the talent

Stats 1st Colts Uni 2002 -2017 (16 GF) won 14, lost 2 to 6 different opposition

2nd Colts Uni 2002 – 2017 (16 GF) won 13, lost 3 to 6 different opposition

3rd Colts Uni 2002 -2017 (13 GF) won 7, lost 5, Drew 1 to 6 different opposition
:(

Excellent proof point in this weeks uni teams. They seem to have 3 props in the Aus 20’s and one is playing 2’s against Penrith this week. Hard to see how this helps anyone. Positively dangerous for Penrith, in fact for the majority of colts sides and doubtful its the intended game prep for what this young man has in front of him.

The gold plating of these 2 sides is at the expense of the development of the game and the players from all clubs. Including Uni and Randwick. Strong balanced competition will develop all to their maximum potential. Unbalanced competition gives us what we have now.

Why is it that it is allowed to continue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

sidelineview

Excellent proof point in this weeks uni teams. They seem to have 3 props in the Aus 20’s and one is playing 2’s against Penrith this week. Hard to see how this helps anyone. Positively dangerous for Penrith, in fact for the majority of colts sides and doubtful its the intended game prep for what this young man has in front of him.

The gold plating of these 2 sides is at the expense of the development of the game and the players from all clubs. Including Uni and Randwick. Strong balanced competition will develop all to their maximum potential. Unbalanced competition gives us what we have now.

Have you lobbied for a change through your Club or written to the relevant governing body?

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)

Thanks for the suggestion. Pretty sure it is a regular item of dialogue but the powers don’t seem to
see an issue

How has your lobbying gone?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Tom Osbourne and Darcy Breen both named as Uni First Colts as 1 & 3. Both players have been in the wider Junior Wallaby squad also.

Different coaches, different selectors see things differently

Not sure about this - I think it may be just as much an unintended consequence of the points system as coaches having differing views.
I have not done the maths - and its difficult to find - but there is a distinct possibility that the Colts 2 Aus U20 player is carrying more points than Osbourne or Breen.
In the finest traditions of the game we love the most recent points explanation google could find for me suggested that a current Aus U20s player would attract 10 points while a prior year oz schools player or 2 years prior would carry only carry 6. Whether this remains the applicable points allocation in 2018 I do not know but it is likely it would be something similar.
Thus Osbourne and Breen between them would carry 12 (issuing they both played oz schools in their last year of school - and I know they were in different years) while the U20s player would be 10 on his own - so you'd need a 2 point prop to get the same result.
All of that is a lead in to my present theory: if the points system is going to work it must be applied at registration so you don't find newly minted u20s playing colts 2s to no one's short, medium or long term advantage.
No club can register a Colts cohort having more than XXX points.
Forces the club to make its decisions in January and gives players time to go to other clubs and even up the comp by everyone who is up to it playing in the highest grade they can.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Osbourne should drop some points because its his 2nd year. He may also have a relationship with uni giving a further discount.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Good to see RugbyNews listing colts teams this week

https://rugbynews.net.au/intrust-super-shute-shield-round-two-colts-team-lists/

Eastern Suburbs v Gordon

Eastern Suburbs (1-15)

Bo Abra, Harry Todd, Fred Davies, Will Nicholls, Oliver Bee, Josh Smith, Charlie Brown, Jack Lamph, Harry Doyle, Nic Shannon, Dylan Luisi, Tom Lenehan, Brooklyn Hardaker, Declan Quin, Alec Sheldon.

Gordon (1-15)

Kristian Souvaliotis, Daniel Lombardi, Frank Cutler, Nathaniel Panozzo, Will Glascott, Tom Silk, Nick Hrdina, Hugh Margin, Oliver Iles-Mann, Matthew Dainton, Aidan Dowling, Borore Howton, Oliver Smeallie, Jack Mazaraki, Mike Pavlakis.

Eastwood v Parramatta

Eastwood (1-15)

Ben Harkin, Jacob Bristowe, Jack Voulgaris, Isoa Nasilasila, John Oxford, Mila Hingano, Harry Turner, Charles Shepard, Benjamin Shelley, Dallas Paterson, Samuel Dolores, Jack Gray, Rhys Millar, Jacob Harrington, Zak Hickey.

Parramatta (1-15)

TBC

Sydney Uni v Penrith

Sydney Uni (1-15)

Osbourne, Loh, Breen, Ridley, H.Mack-Wood, Calavassy, Sheridan, Basson, Robertson, Hardie, Alcorn, Poolman, Terry, Anese, Yeo.

Penrith (1-15)

Jason Lematua, Ameniasi Ratu, Clinton Aiono, Villiame Bonanuku, Jope Sauriwai, Rob Vunivalu, Sosefo Devine, Sio Nauer, Jona Koroiadi, Leo Talataina, Zak McCarroll, Junior Nansen, Orem Talataina, Isirelli Loaney, Daniel Greg Williams.

Southern Districts v West Harbour

Southern Districts (1-15)

Dylan Valeni, Blake Schoup, Keeran McCourt, Jack Spooner, Damain Johnston, Nathan Lawson, Chase Paea, Max Freeman, Jackson Chambers, Ryan Longaville, Jack Keedy, Cassius Wright, Daniel Bell, Deon Evans, Cooper Harris.

West Harbour (1-15)

Benjamin Huckstepp, Zion Epiha, Derrick Dinh, Hugo Culverhouse, Matthew McCrea,, Wilson Savage-Phillips, David (Sung Chan) Kim, Maylee Semu, Ciaran Johnston, Lisiate Finau, Quartey Filipo, Jeff Swann, James Turner, Jonathan Derwin, John Ryan.

Northern Suburbs v Manly

Northern Suburbs (1-15)

Brady Dawson, Alex Crotti, Jack Brewer, Cody Edstein-Boyes, Travis Gifford, Charlie J Fellow, Jamo Coombs, Hugh Green, Jack Radford, Junior Pale, Angus Windred, Taulogo Lalaga, Seb Cameron, Jack Churchwell, Ed Gregory.

Manly (1-15)

Luke Edwards, Nick Brown, Wade Williams, Cameron Signorini, Charlie Kelleher, Ben Waddington, Felix Quinn, Hunter Ward, Will Haskins, Harry Stocks, Jack Veitch, James Sidery, Lachlan Armstrong, Yool Yool, Blake Rixon.

Randwick v Warringah

Randwick (1-15)

Fiu Gibson, Jack Upton, Dan Matthew, James Gulliver, Ben Houston, Liam Cornish/Latham Jam, Christian Poidevin, Tom Serhorn, Marco Bell, Ben Donaldson, Jaya Yoannidis, Will Harrison, Tom Fuller, Jackson Mohi, Lachie Day.

Warringah (1-15)

Tim Anstey, Tom Gee, Sateki Latu, Josh Foster, Daniel Chun, Eddy Fry, Josh Thrum, Steve Leavasa, Rhett Butler, Will Harding, Tom Brown, Guy Rees, Pat Flynn, Callum Hargreaves, Conor Hickey.

Status
Not open for further replies.