• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

15 Man Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anyone else read this site? I think FOS does. A Darling Downs based gentleman with a Lee Grant type interest of schoolboy footy.

But lately, he seems to have turned into a Clint Eastwood style fogie. Really being a bit of a grumble bum. Disappointing because it was a good read. Not sure if it will continue to be however.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
I've come across it a few times, he really knows his stuff at the schools level and my impression was he was coaching at a schoolboy level as well.

IIRC He used to post on Matt 'Bubba' Ryan's blog back in the day. He's always had a bit of a gripe about the lack of support for emerging talent, and seemed fairly justified in his criticisms.

R

rugbywhisperer

I read it regularly and I know him personally.
He is very heavily involved in Darling Downs Rugby and the academy up there and gives great support to schools rugby. He also spends a lot of time at Bris GPS games and is a State high and Nudgee closet supporter. Sometimes sacrifices objectivity to push his own barrow or players from those 2 schools or players from the Downs district. He is devout Downlands and independent schools rugby fan. He also has issues (don't we all) with the hierachy and selection policies at Herston.
He is a nice guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.