• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship R5G1 Springbokke vs Wallabies @ the Bull Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think the breakdown is becoming a bit more of a lottery (when wasn't it?), and there is bit of a transition of interpretation going on with the pendulum moving towards favouring the tackled player.

Not all refs have fully embraced this change, hence the confusion for punters and players attempting a turnover.

Wouldn't be surprised if Coaches resort to committing more forwards to a more old fashioned ruck/forward drive sort of game. This could be a good thing as it would create more space for the Princesses to show off their skills. Conversely it could see a resurrection of a boring old NH wet weather type of game that is enjoyed by the piggies, characterised by Drop Kicks and Penalty Kicks to create the points.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The AB's are ahead of the curve on this already. They didn't compete for the ball last night at all. Just let the Saffers have it and realigned their defence.

Much smarter than what we tried. If you're not competing for the ball you can't be blown off it, negating one of SA's strengths.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
For mine the issue for Slipper is that he loses his footing a fraction of a second after going for the ball. Someone asked for stills; here are some I prepared earlier:

at (a) 52:25, Slipper is on his feet and legally competing for the ball
(b) at 52:25, Slipper is not supporting his body weight
(c) at 52:25, Slipper has now killed the ball

So within the space of less than a second, Slipper has gone from legally competing to killing it. Once Slipper has lost his feet he needs to let go and get out of it.

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    417.4 KB · Views: 263
  • b.png
    b.png
    430.7 KB · Views: 252
  • c.png
    c.png
    426.7 KB · Views: 249
Status
Not open for further replies.