• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 1 South Africa vs New Zealand- 6 Oct

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 1 between SAF and NZL?

• The Darkness – New Zealand

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • The Bokke – South Africa

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Draw - Rugby was the Winner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Very hyped for this. We can dooo it!!
Not looking forward to the "it was a dead rubber" if we do though.
Not pointed at anyone on THIS forum.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
I think the AB's have as much to play for as the Boks do with their world record winning streak on the line! I don't think either team will be lacking motivation to win this one! Hopefully our boys can make another step up from last week!

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
All Blacks named.

All Blacks: Israel Dagg, Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Hosea Gear, Dan Carter, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw ©, Liam Messam, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Ben Franks, Luke Romano, Adam Thomson, Piri Weepu, Aaron Cruden, Tamati Ellison

Gear for Savea, Retallic for Romano, Thomson for Cane, Franks for Faumauina, and Ellison for Smith.

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
Looking forward to this game. Win,lose or draw these are the test matches that us Kiwis most look forward to. Forget dead rubbers,jetlag, and all that rubbish. This could be a cracker of a game.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
But what if you lose???;) I can't wait, same as you whatty, I really hoping the ABs can put together 2 good games in row, have struggled so far to really follow up top performance with another, though they have still done enough to win..

vismyr

Peter Burge (5)
I like Gear, but I've lost patience with him as an All Black. He's big and physical and one of the best finishers in the game, but he just doesn't get involved enough. Last week Savea looked for the hard work and I would have stuck with him. I thought Hore looked very slow last week, and seems to be on his last legs. It was his defensive error that allowed the second Puma try and I would have like to see Mealamu start. Ellision is a good player, but Ben Smith has made tremendous impact each time he's come on so don't get the change there. Same with Thomson -- this is going to be a tough, physical encounter, which is much more suited to Cane. I guess Hansen and Co. have there reasons though...no complaints.

Should be a cracker of a game, with no holds barred. Was very impressed with Habanna this season -- I've never been a fan of his play or attitude, but he's been fantastic. The 'Boks have finally chosen a younger, more potent team and I can't wait to see how they go against this experienced All Blacks side.

And agreed -- the dead rubber thing is never an excuse I like to hear from any side. With Richie's 100th test win beckoning and a chance to set a new tier one world-record if they can win this. I think New Zealand will put some points on the board and pressure the 'Boks into mistakes.

All Blacks by 10

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Channeling Nisbo, it is really going to be a 'ding-dong' battle in the forwards. I think both packs are going to rip into each other, trying to gain ascendency. That alone is worth staying up for.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Smart territorial kick from De Villiers - someone needs to show that to the Wallabies - the difference between kicking with & without purpose.

BTW AB's really getting killed by Rolland. SA have come to play though.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Rolland is a shit ref.

I didn't think I would ever be feeling a lot of sympathy for the all blacks when it comes to refereeing decisions - they have a bit of catching up to do in the karma column. But the first 8 or 9 minutes of this game were something special by Rolland

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Darkness seem to be kicking too much ball away. Is this because they have had Archie's Dad staying with them all week, teaching them his secrets?

You will seldom win a kicking battle with the Saffers at Altitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.