• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 S15 SA Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Oh and Meisiekind is coming back next yer. We are not yet rid of him. Unless he meets a Geisha and stays in Japan.

Wynand is not the Bulls problem. Steyn is.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Oh and Meisiekind is coming back next yer. We are not yet rid of him. Unless he meets a Geisha and stays in Japan.

Wynand is not the Bulls problem. Steyn is.
Morne had a shocker last week, havent saw him played like that ever but meisiekind simply dont pass either which make it difficult for any player on his outside. Anyway I dont want to kick a lying dog when he is down.

Just for info this is the Brutes schoolboy signings for next year
Confirmed signings (Craven Week provinces in brackets):
Blue Bulls: Jaco Hayward, Marcus Kleinbooi, Rohan Jansen van Rensburg, Caswell Khoza, Heinrich Viljoen, Thabo Mabuza, Janse van Rensburg, Johan Bannink, Pierre Schoeman, Dayan van der Westhuizen, Bobby de Wee.
Free State: Corniel Els
WP: Handré Pollard, Corné Cooper, Arno van wyk, Leighton van Wyk, Justin Basson
SWD: Piet-Louw Strauss
Golden Lions: Chris Massyn
Boland:
Wilco Louw
Pumas: Kobus Wolmarancs.
KZN: Daniel Kriel, Jesse Kriel, Carel Swart
Border: Josh Stander, JP Smith

Like I have mentioned many times before is that Pollard is an excellent player but I do rate the other paarl Gym boy, nr 8 Cooper just as high. WP poach the Brutes nr 8 in revenge it look like.

Also the reason why Pollard havent announced his new home earlier? The schoolboys wont do that before Craven Week. That two Border players lost their Craven Week because of this and also two great youngster "skakelpare". Both play Craven week last year for Border.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Serfontein is now a Bulls man? He certainly looks the real deal and by gawd we need some skill in the centres at S15 level and International.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Serfontein is now a Bulls man? He certainly looks the real deal and by gawd we need some skill in the centres at S15 level and International.

The Bulls need a clean out at 3, 10, 12 and to a lesser extent 13 (where JJ actually shows promise but he needs to play off someone), 14 and 15 (slow and slower).

If we do not make those changes next year we will fall behind.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
He is a Brute since the start of this year. He'll probably make their CC senior side this year. Cant see him playing at the youth levels.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
On another topic shit the blonde guy who played lock for the Sharks a couple of weeks ago looks the package. He played lock and flank in the junior World Cup. Shit. For a minute I thought I saw a young Juan Smith with blonde hair.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
As much as they need to I cant see them dumping Morne till he jumps, all this senior, loyalty and reward appears to be fairly strong in Pretoria even when past your best!

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
This one Blue? Pieter-Steph du Toit
138000649_crop_450x500.jpg

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Its Piet Spiere du Toit's grandson. Piet Spiere was one of SA strongest TH fatties on his day and farmed close to Riebeek Kasteel. Steffie is a real Swartlander and schooled at Malmesbury. The laaitie have the best possible Bok bloodline and look like one in the not to far future.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
As much as they need to I cant see them dumping Morne till he jumps, all this senior, loyalty and reward appears to be fairly strong in Pretoria even when past your best!

Sigh.

Yes.

Sigh.

Ever heard of the Broederbond? Old habits don't die.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Had to put this image up. Almost thread worthy, we need a images/sticky thread I recon?

Frik du Preez tackling Chris Laidlaw.
tumblr_lrao8j533u1qgfwr0o1_1280.jpg

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Whatty you break all my hard work to give SA Rugby the non thug look with that Frik du Preez photo. :(

damn you chicken runners give us a bad name. ;)

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Did the Bulls really shun Sadie?

Johann Sadie has been bleating about a lack of game time and wanting to play an expansive game. Those were among his principle reasons for leaving the Bulls and joining the Cheetahs.

However, not only did he play 448 minutes for the Bulls this season - not bad for a 23-year-old who is reportedly on a contract of about ZAR1.4-million - but Sadie will have even stiffer competition in Bloemfontein than he had in Pretoria.

By his own admission, Sadie will be competing with Sevens Springbok Robert Ebersohn and one-time Bok Andries Strauss for a midfield starting place in Bloemfontein.

However, more telling is the amount of game time he had in Pretoria before injuries and his own lack of form saw fellow Stormers recruit JJ Engelbrecht overtake him in the pecking order in Pretoria.

Let us look at the fact first, then we will given you Sadie's view.

As we said, he played a total of 448 minutes for the Bulls in Super Rugby this year - starting in seven games and came off the bench three times.

Sadie started for the Bulls against the Sharks in Round One, where he played only 13 minutes before he left the field and missed three weeks through an AC joint injury.

He returned to start against the Reds (played 54 minutes), started against the Stormers (50 minutes), started against the Crusaders (50 minutes), then came off the bench against the Lions (13 minutes), came off the bench against the Brumbies (20 minutes), came off the bench against the Rebels (25 minutes), started against the Waratahs (55 minutes), started against the Highlanders (played 62 minutes) and started against the Chiefs (46 minutes).

Sadie then missed the games against the Stormers, Cheetahs, Sharks, Lions and Crusaders through a hamstring injury.

That means he started in seven games, was on the bench in three matches and missed seven matches through injury.

It is hardly the Bulls' fault that he was injured so often and given that they won seven of the 10 games he featured in, it was not exactly a horror run either.

Sadie, who was contracted till the end of October 2013, will now join the Cheetahs after the completion of the 2012 Currie Cup competition.

The Bulls expect him to still play a significant role in their Currie Cup campaign.

"We still see him, along with the likes of CJ Stander [leaving for Munster at the end of the season], as pivotal to our Currie Cup campaign and believe that he will deliver the goods for us," Bulls coach Frans Ludeke said.

Sadie, in talking to Eyewitness News, said it was "one of the most difficult decisions" he had to make when the call came from the Cheetahs.

"The second year in a row that I had to make a big decision in my life," he said in reference to his departure from the Stormers to the Bulls last year and now heading on to the Cheetahs.

Asked why he was leave the Bulls, Sadie was full of praise for the Pretoria franchise.

"The Bulls are an unbelievable set-up, very professional and one of the best set-ups in the world," Sadie told EWN.

However, he repeated an earlier statement that he wants more game time and play an expansive game.

"I want to go play, I want to start, I want to have game time," he said.

However, he admitted that the competition for starting places in Bloemfontein will be fierce.

"Obviously the Cheetahs didn't promise me anything," he said, when asked about the presence of Ebersohn and Strauss.

"It is going to be about form and I am just looking forward to go play some rugby ... get the ball in my hand.

"I love running rugby and that is one of the big things I found attractive about the Cheetahs.

"I am more of a running type of player and I want the ball in my hand."

He said he is determined to remain positive during his stay in Pretoria.

"For now it is the Currie Cup at the Bulls, I want to have a big season here and end off on a good note.

"Next year I will have to play really well to make that No.13 jersey mine.

"It is not going to be easy - they already have Robert [Ebersohn] and Andries Strauss there, so I will have a lot of competition.

"Hopefully I can do that ... that is one of my main goals, to get a regular starting spot."

He also has bigger goals than just the Cheetahs.

"Hopefully I can wear the Green and Gold [Springbok jersey] also in the near future," he concluded.

http://www.rugby365.com/article/48723-did-the-bulls-really-shun-sadie

At the time Sadie signed for the Bulls there was many a rumour that it was primarily for the money. This article seems to dispute any assertion that he is moving for more playing time, so we can only hope he is moving for a different pattern of play.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
If you got the rugby talent of Johan Sadie at his age and the coaches are just plain stupid. Bag up the bags my son and find you a better place to play rugby. Ludeke has a wealth to pick but he is being run by the likes of Meisiekind and Steyn, the senior lot. he is even worse then Snor in this regard.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Sadie expected that he would walk into the team at the expense of just anybody. Unfortunately he got injured else I think it would have been a different story. Problem is he expected to waltz back into the team when he came back from injury.

All Sadie has shown us is some potential in about two matches in 2011 for the Stormers. He has a reputation built on that and that alone. Nothing else. Pretty thin if you ask me. Not enough to start calling shots. Doesn't sound like he is willing to graft from the bottom up but we shall see.

Anyway with the Bulls 10 and 12 as Steyn and Olivier, no 13 will shine.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Anyway with the Bulls 10 and 12 as Steyn and Olivier, no 13 will shine.
Olivier in 12 is the problem. He should be in 13 and Sadie in 12. I know Sadie's play since 7 year old and been watching him his whole schoolboy career. He should be in 12, is an excellent attacker who understand space. His only weakness is his defense. Saw the old Brute JP Nel has been contracted at Griquas for the CC. Only his type can play outside Olivier.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Olivier in 12 is the problem. He should be in 13 and Sadie in 12. I know Sadie's play since 7 year old and been watching him his whole schoolboy career. He should be in 12, is an excellent attacker who understand space. His only weakness is his defense. Saw the old Brute JP Nel has been contracted at Griquas for the CC. Only his type can play outside Olivier.

Isn't defence a key characteristic for centres though PB, and in particular for a 12?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Isn't defence a key characteristic for centres though PB, and in particular for a 12?
I am not saying he have no defense, its always for me a worry and not one of his strengths. Nope I think defense in 13 is much more important specially in the Stormers rush defense. Your 13 attacker is usually the one with more speed and the stronger ball carrier. 12 have to be more the distributor one. Thats why flyhalfs fit in well in the 12 role.

Status
Not open for further replies.