• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Super Rugby Injury List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Already posted. Be nice if others would let me know who's injured, or who's recovered.

Well I have a slightly sore thigh if that helps anyone for this week's games.

Not that this injury would make any difference on my appearance for any team in any way or so on. At least not at this stage of the season.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Some amendments to the injury Wiki for cut and paste when it becomes unblocked:

Returns
Berrick Barnes - 17/2/12- v Tonga trial - groin strain - Rd. 3
Pat McCutcheon - 17/2/12- v Tonga trial - calf injury - unknown
Kurtley Beale - pre-season - hamstring - Rd.3

Others and amendments:

Damien Fitzpatrick - 3/3/12 - Rd. 2 v Rebels - ACL operation 6/3/12 - gone for season
Coenie Oosthuizen - 2011 Currie Cup - neck operation - Rd.3
Dusty Noble - Rd.1 v. Lions - recurrence of old knee injury - out for season
Odwa Ndugane - 17/2/12 - v Kings trial - shoulder - unknown

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Sorry, my mistake locking the wiki article... unlocked now.

I've added in Lee's changes as well.

Are Stirling and Saffy likely to return in Round 3 still?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
It's probably best to wait until teams are are announced once they get to the first announced return.

Mortlock definitely isn't playing on the weekend and Saffy is just a maybe.

The injury Wiki is looking pretty good.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
There seems to be a lot of unknown's against the Tahs injuries. Bit scary. I would make the assumption that McCutcheon is out for the season.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
There seems to be a lot of unknown's against the Tahs injuries. Bit scary. I would make the assumption that McCutcheon is out for the season.

It's official: Cutch was operated on yesterday and " His recovery is anticipated to take around six months, effectively ruling him out of FxPro Super Rugby action this season."

A decision will be made on Alcock after training today (Tuesday)
A decision on Palu will be made later in the week.

Wiki updated

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's official: Cutch was operated on yesterday and " His recovery is anticipated to take around six months, effectively ruling him out of FxPro Super Rugby action this season."

Do we have any detial on Cutch's injury? Surprised at it only being 6 mths but might not have been as bad as it looked.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
He dislocated and broke hiis left ankle - a similar injury to what Drew Mitchell got last year in Super Rugby.

All these details can be read on the injury Wiki which we keep updating as info comes in.

There seems to be a lot of unknown's against the Tahs injuries. Bit scary.

It's inevitable. The teams mention things cryptically such as "should be available for Rd. 4" so you bung in Rd.4 as the likely return date in the Wiki, but when the player isn't named for Rd.4 and nothing else is advised anywhere, then you have to say "unknown", which is literally the case

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
He dislocated and broke hiis left ankle - a similar injury to what Drew Mitchell got last year in Super Rugby.

Sorry, LG, I knew it was dislocated and broke, but just wondering things like which bone(s), ligaments etc involved. Yeah, I am just a sick puppy that likes these details.

And understand what you mean about the 'unknowns'. I guess someone would have to know, because it would be really scary from a club front if they didn't.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
@TankLanning said:
More bad news for Lions: Elton Jantjies out for a month with foot injury, and Alwyn Hollenbach out for 3 weeks with a tweaked hammie

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Thanks Guy - I'll migrate the rest of the injury information to the new format when I get a chance... if anyone struggles with updating these tables just post the injury info in this thread and I (or someone else) can update the tables for you.

I'll do a guide to updating them when I get some time...

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thanks Guy - I'll migrate the rest of the injury information to the new format when I get a chance... if anyone struggles with updating these tables just post the injury info in this thread and I (or someone else) can update the tables for you.

I'll do a guide to updating them when I get some time...
Moses,

I've updated the Reds injuries into the table format, but it's not showing. Tried a bunch of stuff with no success. It's saved in the page text - you might be able to see what I have missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.