• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Membership Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
^ Don't know of many people who do like to watch anything out there. They should demolish it and throw up some office/apartment buildings instead. Better use of the land.

In an ideal world, it would be brilliant if a rectangular stadium could be fit into the redevelopment of Darling Harbour/Banrangaroo. How good would it be to have all the entertainment/dining/transport etc options all nearby?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
^ Don't know of many people who do like to watch anything out there. They should demolish it and throw up some office/apartment buildings instead. Better use of the land.

In an ideal world, it would be brilliant if a rectangular stadium could be fit into the redevelopment of Darling Harbour/Banrangaroo. How good would it be to have all the entertainment/dining/transport etc options all nearby?

Yep...Melbourne has been doing it for years :)

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
From all reports it was a better stadium when it still had the hungry boards (temporary stands) on it from the olympics. But this might also have had something to do with crowd numbers. Anyone confirm or deny?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well firstly I'm overseas often, sometimes at only a couple of weeks notice and secondly I honestly can't justify the cost, maybe if they had some form of membership where the cost also included the ticket for the Reds game in Sydney I would definitely consider it, but been based in Sydney I get no benefit because I still have to pay full price if I watch the Reds play the Tahs.

The Forever Reds membership is $55 and designed for those who can't attend games but still want to support the Reds. I have one and I live in Sydney.

I will be going to the Reds v Tahs in Sydney with a friend as well, already have tickets (well, sort of).

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Rebels memberships are doing pretty well:

X3QZDYy.png

T

TOCC

Reds at 24'590 which places them 200 members ahead of the same date last year and 1000 ahead of the same date in 2012.

So once again, 50'000 is going to be hard to crack, but 40'000 is looking reasonable. Either way, the Reds set a new record for members in QLD beating the other codes Broncos/Lions/Titans/Roar etc and should set a new one in 2014.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Do I read correctly from the Laurie Weeks photo that the Rebels now have over 8000 members so far? good result!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Do I read correctly from the Laurie Weeks photo that the Rebels now have over 8000 members so far? good result!

No, Weeks is saying that they perhaps have mammaries instead of members.

If you stlil need a hint, think back to early high school and writing things on calculators. You'll get there once you get back in the 14 year old frame of mind.

The number is not serious.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)

That's 80085 members. if only. Even one of the major AFL clubs down there would have wet dreams over those numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.