• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 CC Sharks vs Western Province

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
CurrieCup20131.jpg

sharks-wp.jpg

Sharks-vs-WP-e1347601181206.jpg

Pardon me for putting this one up, just cant help myself here. Last round of the 2013 CC with the Bokke back in our provinces this will be the log decider which means a home CC final for the winner after they both nailed a home semi already. Was hoping the coaches will rest their Bokke but no way this will happen. Bokke nailing each other the way it should be.

Teams:
Sharks:

15. SP Marais, 14. Odwa Ndungane, 13. Tim Whitehead, 12. Heimar Williams, 11. Lwazi Mvovo, 10. Fred Zeilinga, 9. Charl McLeod, 8. Keegan Daniel (captain), 7. Jean Deysel, 6. Marcell Coetzee, 5. Pieter-Steph du Toit, 4. Peet Marais, 3. Jannie du Plessis, 2. Bismarck du Plessis, 1. Tendai Mtawarira

Substitutes: 16. Kyle Cooper, 17. Wiehahn Herbst, 18. Stephan Lewies, 19. Jacques Botes, 20. Cobus Reinach, 21. Patrick Lambie, 22. Louis Ludik

Western Province:

15. Gio Aplon, 14. Gerhard van den Heever, 13. Juan de Jongh, 12. Damian de Allende, 11. Cheslin Kolbe, 10. Demetri Catrakilis, 9. Louis Schreuder, 8. Duane Vermeulen, 7. Siya Kolisi, 6. Deon Fourie (captain), 5. De Kock Steenkamp, 4. Eben Etzebeth, 3. Pat Cilliers, 2. Scarra Ntubeni, 1. Steven Kitshoff

Substitutes: 16. Frans Malherbe, 17. Brok Harris, 18. Michael Rhodes, 19. Schalk Burger, 20. Nic Groom, 21. Kurt Coleman, 22. Jean de Villiers
Saturday 12 October 2013 in Durban, kickoff at 19:10
Referee: Jonathan Kaplan
AR1: Jaftha Jason
AR2: Rossouw Reuben
TMO: Shaun Veldsman

Who do you think will win this important one?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Paarl,

Any clue why Malherbe is on the bench? Is Cilliers really playing that well?

You'd have to say that the Sharks pack has probably got the edge. It looks like a really good game ahead, I'll be looking out for the replay here.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
This is Malherbe second match, only had 10 minutes last saturday. Cilliers did not do that great or bad so far and will probably know his former team mates well. The problem with the Sharks Bok frontrow is that they dont play for 80 minutes, only one half. If you look at WP bench they can cut loose in the second half. They have started a few matches like a house on fire in the CC with Coleman in 10 but it change a few weeks back with Cat Killer back from injury. Kolbe has been excellent thus far in the CC and his biggest test starts now. If you have him and Aplon out wide you just need to give them pill and they'll provide the rest. Even vd Heever played his best rugby lately. Also watch out for youngster Fred Zeilinga at 10 for the Sharks. He have been impressive so far.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
I'm not sure I'd say the Sharks pack has the edge at all. Look at the names in that Stormers first 8. Even if we (Sharks) did on paper, I've seen too many games where a super fired up WP tear that paper up and shove it down the Sharks throats. If past games are indications to go by, this will consist of the WP pack being as brutal as possible to front up. I expect them to resort to as much skull-duggery as they can get away with, and I just hope this time the Sharks will front up if that's the way the game goes.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I'm not sure I'd say the Sharks pack has the edge at all. Look at the names in that Stormers first 8. Even if we (Sharks) did on paper, I've seen too many games where a super fired up WP tear that paper up and shove it down the Sharks throats. If past games are indications to go by, this will consist of the WP pack being as brutal as possible to front up. I expect them to resort to as much skull-duggery as they can get away with, and I just hope this time the Sharks will front up if that's the way the game goes.
I dont think the All Black/Wallaby supporters believe you Boet. There is only one way to deal with the likes of Battleship, Deysel & Kie. Etsebeth, Schalk and Duanne have the know hows and its sure aint skull-duggery. ;)

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
I dont think the All Black/Wallaby supporters believe you Boet. There is only one way to deal with the likes of Battleship, Deysel & Kie. Etsebeth, Schalk and Duanne have the know hows and its sure aint skull-duggery. ;)

I'm thinking specifically of the game where CJvdL must have been told to go out and rough up John Smit. It worked, Smit was off his game, the Sharks pack went backward, we had no momentum and Smit couldn't seem to control the situation. It wasn't just CJ though, the entire WP pack were taking no sh!t that day, and man handled the Sharks. The Sharks didn't stand up to it, and that's what won the WP that game. I can't remember which game it was offhand, CC a few years back.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Well done to WP. Disappointing from the Sharks, but no shame losing to the top of the log team.

Perhaps we'll meet in the final and get revenge at Newlands

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
WP has been fantastic. Our fatties scrummed that Bok frontrow and had two vaskoppe, thats where you need to start, lineouts were good and rucks Vermeulen and Fourie had a ball, defense excellent like they have been all year. My Brute broer Blue would enjoy watching this one and specially Ginga performance against Jannie. Ginga look like stepping up and now we need Malherbe to get to the same level.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
WP has been fantastic. Our fatties scrummed that Bok frontrow and had two vaskoppe, thats where you need to start, lineouts were good and rucks Vermeulen and Fourie had a ball, defense excellent like they have been all year. My Brute broer Blue would enjoy watching this one and specially Ginga performance against Jannie. Ginga look like stepping up and now we need Malherbe to get to the same level.

A Vaskoppe is a tighthead according to the dictionary. Against the Springbok front row that sounds like a humiliating loss.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
A Vaskoppe is a tighthead according to the dictionary. Against the Springbok front row that sounds like a humiliating loss.
Ginga Kitshoff has been great, gave Jannie a hard time. Battleship havent been close to his test form. Think the Sharks Bok frontrow only play 40-60 minutes in the tests and once WP dominate them from the start it was basically game over. Etsebeth also did his part in the line outs. WP defense also were their usual excellent.

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
The commentators said it was only Ysterbeth's 4th CC cap... WOW

Also loved watching Deon Fourie

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The commentators said it was only Ysterbeth's 4th CC cap. WOW

Also loved watching Deon Fourie
True. Went 2011 from Varsity Cup to WP u21 and 2012 from SupeRugby to test rugby. Only played CC in 2012 & 2013 CC in the last few. Unbelievable for a lock this young and close to the best in world rugby at the tender age of 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.