• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Currie Cup Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Haven't watched any CC this year.

Young up and coming Lock Steve Cummins from Eastwood went over to SA to play with the Kings this year before he joins Rebels for 2015.

Wikipedia says he has only played one game for the Kings (6 minutes against Wales). Is he injured, and if not how has he been playing?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Cummins

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He's played a couple, some starting and some off the bench. Because there's no live games on Fox I haven't caught many games this year apart from the odd replay but the Kings are woeful, get beat 20-30 points every game so it would be hard to judge his performances.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Haven't watched any CC this year.

Young up and coming Lock Steve Cummins from Eastwood went over to SA to play with the Kings this year before he joins Rebels for 2015.

Wikipedia says he has only played one game for the Kings (6 minutes against Wales). Is he injured, and if not how has he been playing?

Kings two captains Sykes & Darron Nel play lock plus they have Bullbring in their sqaud. Obvious he'll have to go through the ranks to get playtime.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Got 80 mins in the last match vs Sharks and the last 15 in the previous match. Is in the starting team vs Griquas this weekend.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Long way for him to go to ride the pine, but probably a good environment for an Aussie lock to learn aspects of his trade he is unlikely to pick up if he stayed here.

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
Oom Paarl, you perhaps know why Dillyn Leyds is back at WP? His time at Perth over? NRC?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Oom Paarl, you perhaps know why Dillyn Leyds is back at WP? His time at Perth over? NRC?
He arranged to be back at WP for the CC before he went over. Will come back to you. He got yellowed yesterday against the Cheetahs, did not had the best of matches , not close to what we used us from Kolbe. This weekend its Sharks but we nailed the top spot for a home semi and finaal. Cheetahs nearly beat us but Pollards 12 mate from school van Wyk scored in the last minute.

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
Thanks Oom. I watched the match, and I wasn't that impressed. Granted he didn't spend much time with Province before he started I think.

When is Kolbe back? I love watching him. Will he be at the sevens next week?

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
We actually stopped watching the last few minutes (Vrystaat was leading, didn't think WP would come back). Heard over the radio WP scored and I coulnt believe it :)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thanks Oom. I watched the match, and I wasn't that impressed. Granted he didn't spend much time with Province before he started I think.

When is Kolbe back? I love watching him. Will he be at the sevens next week?
No Kolbe wont be with the 7s, he'll be back with semis. Geduld & Senatla will be at the 7s.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
and now there are two. WeePee Vs Lions final on the best rugby pitch and SA.

WP have to thank JLP for the win and their own back three.

As a bonus WP u19 & 21s will meet their Bulls counterparts in the finals. Ook op Nuweland.

Lions and WP played running rugby right through the competition and a great advertisement for running rugby.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
2014 Attendance figures
Sport24
Currie Cup: WP best supported

2014-10-30 09:17
share this

Cape Town - Currie Cup champions Western Province were the best supported team during this year's competition.

According to Netwerk24, a total of 79 029 fans pitched up at Newlands to watch WP's five home round-robin matches, while a further 74 362 fans witnessed their semi-final and final victories.

WP beat the Blue Bulls 31-23 in the semi-finals, before downing the Golden Lions 19-16 in last Saturday's final.

The Lions were the second best supported team, followed by the Sharks, EP Kings, Blue Bulls, Free State Cheetahs, Pumas and Griquas.

Attendance figures for the 2014 Currie Cup league matches:

WP - 79 029
Golden Lions - 57 432
Sharks - 57 417
EP Kings - 53 570
Blue Bulls - 47 135
Free State Cheetahs - 37 764
Pumas - 24 924
Griquas - 11 200

Status
Not open for further replies.