• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 EOYT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Fucken Phipps, link has blow Me away with that call.

Fucken Phipps,

He's the obvious choice for the third in line, backup halfback. He's got test experience and had some good moments on tour last year. I suspect he wont get much game time even if we see Genia or White get inured, so he's the best option imo.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I few minor thoughts on the squad:-
- given the amount of injured/unavailable players atm the squad is pretty decent, and generally quite settled.
- No Sio is not good for Sio. I hope McKenzie hasn't thrown him on the scrap heap already.
- the lack of a genuine 8 is glaring. I'm hoping we unearth some new "palu-esq" talent next year.
- Mike Harris?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Apparently still not eligible. Nov 26 at earliest.

Everything i have read suggests end of October where you find out it was end of November.

EDIT: On Twitter said the date is still being determined by the IRB...

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Link is developing a nasty habit of turning his back on our best loosehead props.....

With Paddy Ryan being picked, I can only see Alexander and Kepu as the next two likely to be dropped, both are TH's.

So, who would you drop for Sio? Robinson is probably the go to LH now with hopefully Slipper at TH.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sadly, I think Slipper will still be at LHP. Kepu, Ryan and Alexander will all be THPs, Slipper will be LHP with Robinson. If Slipper was to be at THP, then Sio would've been included and one of the THPs left out (Ryan, at a guess).

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
You need 2 in a 23 and you need to be ready for an injury: Genia has played almost 1500 minutes this year, all immediately since being injured. He may well suffer another injury on the tour at this rate.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm guessing Harris got picked over Horne for his kicking but he's the next best 12 going around, would have liked to have seen him in the squad.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
RE Speight and eligibility.

This is from the IRB rules:

Subject to Regulation 8.2, a Player may only play for the senior fifteen-aside
National Representative Team, the next senior fifteen-a-side National
Representative Team and the senior National Representative Sevens Team
of the Union of the country in which:
(a) he was born; or
(b) one parent or grandparent was born; or
(c) he has completed thirty six consecutive months of Residence
immediately preceding the time of playing.

Speight's signing was announced on October 28 2010 by the Brumbies.

In 2010 he was playing for Waikato in the ITM Cup and they made the final, against Canterbury, on November 5.

Some in the know say that he didn't arrive in Australia until November 26 and therefore has not met the 36 months residency clause

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
It says consecutive months of Residence, I believe he went back to Waikato in 2011 which breaks his consecutive residence?

I believe this is also the reason Woodward and Fugistaller didn't go back to the ITM Cup this year.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It says consecutive months of Residence, I believe he went back to Waikato in 2011 which breaks his consecutive residence?

I believe this is also the reason Woodward and Fugistaller didn't go back to the ITM Cup this year.

You are right and that may also cause some issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.