• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Super Rugby Final - CHIEFS v BRUMBIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Based on the last two matches, I wonder if the Brumbies ability to control territory and possession gets in the head of these teams late in games. Last week the Cheetahs said they went for the lineout because they didn't think they'd get into Brumbies territory again. This week, even though the Bulls had a significant territorial advantage in the second half, the Bulls seemed to fear giving the ball back to the Brumbies late in the match.
I don't have the stats with me, but I recall the Brumbies have one of the highest linebreak to try ratios, and that just translates overall - the Brumbies can capitalise on their opportunities.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Tough ask to win in Hamilton after the last two games, but the Chiefs would be silly to underestimate them, they still had fuel in the tank at the end of the game.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I just hope the brumbies can get up for it. They played in Perth, Camberra, South Africa and now NZ. That's a lot of Miles boys. It's going to be hard but like I said Inuit hope the get up for it. If they may some tackles like they did tonight it will go a long way. The scrum needs to be a strong point and contesting the line outs. The big one here is cruden and Tamooa. If Tamooa can smash cruden like he has smashed every other 10 it will help. He could cripple cruden lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tantalising prospect, the Ponies vs the Tribe.

Both mobs were written off as underdogs this time last week.

Both showed where passion, commitment and determination can take a team.

At least it will be in a "user friendly"-ish time slot.

There will probably need to be a sprint home or to the pub from 1st XV games and Shute Shield/Premier/Subbies 3pm kick off games.

M

Muttonbird

Chiefs with the home advantage here and I think that counts for a lot in this competition, notwithstanding last night's result.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
To be honest, I would have been happy if the Brumbies just went down fighting. This goes above and beyond expectations and I don't mind if the Brumbies used their final at Loftus.

That said, I don't think they did. George Smith had his best game in a Brumbies jersey, but everyone else was just solid. They've got a final in them and, once again, I'll be happy if they just push the Chiefs to the limit.

Not knowing the teams yet, Brumbies by 4.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
This will be a ripper of a game.

The Clan scrum is a different beast to the Bulls though - they won't be able to smash them like they did last night.

Go the nags!!

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
The flaw in Super Rugby scheduling is going to make this final one sided again.

A Jet lagged Brumbies is going to NZ and going to get beaten by 20 points.

They should really schedule two weeks gaps for the play off games. A week is nowhere enough. Just look at the Chiefs traveling to Loftus in a final. Got slaughtered.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Going to be a cracker, I have a feel that the Brumbies will be stronger in the set pieces and kicking game but the jet lag factor and if they can hold the Chiefs out will be the deciding points.

If the Brumbies pull this off it'll probably go down as the greatest finals performance.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
The Brumbies are at a severe disadvantage of immense travel and also playing in hostile territory. Despite this they have improved each match since the Force debacle and recently beat the B&IL.

I think the Brums can do it, but it will take a special effort.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
It's the toughest challenge in world sport. It's unfair. I know Chiefs earned top spot but the history says this is impossible. It's not a fair contest.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
It's the toughest challenge in world sport. It's unfair. I know Chiefs earned top spot but the history says this is impossible. It's not a fair contest.
Chiefs experienced that same fate. Now we have conference system that guarantee a team from each nation in the play offs but are sitting with situations where the final becomes mission impossible for one team.

Status
Not open for further replies.