• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Super Rugby Semi Final - Bulls vs Brumbies

Who will be playing the Super Rugby Grand Final against a team from NZ?

• Bulls

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Brumbies

Votes: 25 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
In the event that the Crusaders beat the Chiefs, the winner of this match will host the Grand Final for 2013.

The Bulls are looking a little rusty and have some injury concerns, but the advantage of playing at home, at altitude, with packed stands will be a massive advantage for the Bulls.

Since beating the touring B&I Lions midweek team, the Brumbies have been underwhelming and must go into this game as an outside chance. If they can rediscover their mojo, then this will be an absolute cracker of a game, but travel, altitude, and current form slump may prove too much for the Ponies.

If they win, the Canberra team have to look forward to another long haul home, or to NZ, to prepare for the Grand Final against a relatively fresh (travel wise) NZ based team.

Edit:
Super Rugby Semi-Final (Match C)
Match No.124/125: Bulls v Brumbies
Date : Saturday 27 July, 2013
Venue : Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria, South Africa
Kick Off local: (1705 local, 0305 NZ, 0105 NSW/ACT, 1505 GMT)
*Date will be Sunday 28 July in Australian Central Eastern/Central and NZ time zones.
Referee: Craig Joubert
Assistant Ref 1:Jaco Peyper
Assistant Ref 2:Stuart Berry
TMO :Shaun Veldsman

Source: Thx RoffsChoice

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I love the Brumbies but they have not hit the form they had earlier in the season - got to go Bulls by 3

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
This will be a tight game. Hopefully the Brums can pull it together and get back that early season form for the last two games of the year.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Nags by a nostril.

Fekkit.

My Bulls' armour is full of cracks.

Only chance we have is one of those Morne Steyn specials we he singlehandedly kicks us to the win but the Brumbies should be clever enough not to let it happen.

Giddy up, bitches.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
'I'm really looking forward to hearing Simply The Best by Tina Turner when Morne Steyn kicks a goal', said no one, ever

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Brumbies away have been good but recent form average, not their best... Good to have Nic White back that could be the difference to fire the Brums up again... I haven’t seen the Bulls play much this year so I don’t know what to expect other than a strong side playing at home... Bulls have scored plenty of points this season and won 12 matches... Brumbies certainly the underdogs this week... but hey its only what happens in that 80 minutes that counts, nothing else...

Go the Brumbies leave nothing out there...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies unchanged.

Brumbies: 1. Scott Sio, 2. Stephen Moore, 3. Ben Alexander, 4. Sam Carter, 5. Scott Fardy, 6. Peter Kimlin, 7. George Smith, 8. Ben Mowen, 9. Nic White, 10. Matt To'omua, 11. Clyde Rathbone, 12. Christian Lealiifano, 13. Tevita Kuridrani, 14. Henry Speight, 15. Jesse Mogg. Reserves: 16. Siliva Siliva, 17. Ruan Smith, 18. Fotu Auelua, 19. Colby Fainga'a, 20. Ian Prior, 21. Andrew Smith, 22. Joseph Tomane.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hopefully Lealiifano has his kicking boots on from the start of the game this weekend.

At Loftus, White or Mogg will more than likely get a few long range shots that could prove vital as well.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
From an NZ perspective, hoping the Brumbies do it.

If they win it is either a short trip across the Tasman for the Saders or the Brumbies have to play the Chiefs in Hamilton.

Either way, the Brumbies are the ones crossing time zones twice in a week.

Go Brumbies!!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Good luck to 'Cousin Sammy' and the Shetland ponies! Grab those Bulls by the nuggets and squeeze really hard!!! Too close to call!
Sam would have to be an "outsider" for the Castrol Edge Rugby Championships!
You know it makes sense, I'm Mr Doug.

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)
Would be bloody handy to have Bam Bam back (and keeping George Smith) for this game.

Reserve judgement on a tip until the Bulls name their squad.

Bulls: 15 Zane Kirchner, 14 Akona Ndungane, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Jan Serfontein, 11 Bjorn Basson, 10 Mornè Steyn, 9 Francois Hougaard, 8 Dewald Potgieter (c), 7 Jacques Potgieter, 6 Deon Stegmann, 5 Grant Hattingh, 4 Flip van der Merwe, 3 Werner Kruger, 2 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 1 Dean Greyling.
Replacements: 16 Callie Visagie, 17 Frik Kirsten, 18 Mornè Mellett, 19 Paul Willemse, 20 Jono Ross, 21 Jano Vermaak, 22 Jürgen Visser.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That is a powerful Team from Bulls and will be troublesome for the Ponies.

Greyling may be a weakness that Jake will seek to exploit. He is good for at least 3 penalties and a possible Yellow Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.