• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Yes I saw every game from the CAS and CHS vs GPS to every match in the finals from early morning and believe I have a good eye .There were definitely some guys in the beaten lower tier teams who with their big hits and moves making meters had me reaching for programs to see who they were and in many cases they got picked in the Nationals.I think there were some odd selections like no recognised playing no 7 or really no 6 picked and the weird thing that has happened over the choice of 2nd rowers and even back rows-they appear to be in the minds of the selectors capable of interchange!.However there is amonst the boys not chosen some guys whose form as shown over the years and even this year outside the championship rounds is superior to those chosen and can cover 6,7,or 8 who were not selected either because their form was down over the two weeks or maybe the selectors have a particular physical specimen in mind-there is a few in the nationals selections who will have rings run around them as their school season continues-unfortunately it is too late for all that.Onwards and Upwards.

Can some one explain to me what "Pathways" means?Is that something that any national level player or even non national player can participate in-I am thinking of the future for those guys who are determined to make a big success of their rugby after School-what on earth do they do.Is that mapped out anywhere by the ARU?I mean I am guessing that they pick a club and play their hearts out-is it as simple as that.I don't think so?OR if it is it shouldn't be?Does someone have some guidance here?Which are the best clubs with the best coaches in Grade and in Colts-who is not going broke,who has good support like physios and speed ,fitness and strength training professionals?What advice can we give our sons?
Pathways is basically a process where you repeat, or do year12 twice. The boys sit hsc subjects and can nominate to take those marks if they're happy with them meaning next year they don't then have to do those units they have already chosen to accept those marks in, so if they book in the marks for 4 units, they only have to complete 6 units the next year. It generally is attractive for the stronger rugby players who are young in their year and want a shot at Aust school boys. If your main rugby pathway is representing your school then it only works if you are young for your year because you will be ineligible to play if your are already 18 on the first of January. So it spreads the hsc performance over 2 years, and gives a second shot at Aust schools representation.

BIg Jake

Frank Nicholson (4)
Pathways is basically a process where you repeat, or do year12 twice. The boys sit hsc subjects and can nominate to take those marks if they're happy with them meaning next year they don't then have to do those units they have already chosen to accept those marks in, so if they book in the marks for 4 units, they only have to complete 6 units the next year. It generally is attractive for the stronger rugby players who are young in their year and want a shot at Aust school boys. If your main rugby pathway is representing your school then it only works if you are young for your year because you will be ineligible to play if your are already 18 on the first of January. So it spreads the hsc performance over 2 years, and gives a second shot at Aust schools representation.

Thank you re pathways explanation.

The Mole

Frank Row (1)
What could this mean????

screen-shot-2014-07-07-at-3-43-00-pm-png.5034
Great camaraderie shown by the Scots boys!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think it means you are bored in the School holidays.
Go and have a run,or heaven forbid help your parents around the house for an hour or two.
Either that,or look up Rodney Adler.
Even clever rich kids can get themselves into trouble.

He wasn't that clever.
Its good that every now and then someone reminds us, unintentionally, that these are just kids!

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
Dear Mole and P R "Rattie" Wight Jr,
Personification is a wondrous thing, I wish you both well in the upcoming trials and hopefully you have both been studying hard. Now get back into "the book/s" and leave this forum alone.
My apologies to all other forum users.
Regards,
Kenneth Grahame

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Dear Mole and P R "Rattie" Wight Jr,
Personification is a wondrous thing, I wish you both well in the upcoming trials and hopefully you have both been studying hard. Now get back into "the book/s" and leave this forum alone.
My apologies to all other forum users.
Regards,
Kenneth Grahame

do people kids still read that stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.