• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 Bok squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Very excited about this world cup, maybe because there are so many teams in with a shot for the title for a change.

Starting to feel France may just be getting ready to spoil some parties as well.

Some insights from my side:

I've changed my mind about Pool A. Can only see England and Australia going through now - injuries to Wales aside, Aus are now the prime dark horse above Ireland for mine.

Boks have to demolish all pool opposition to gain any noteworthy confidence - not too likely.

Looking forward to the games involving Georgia. I think they could be a strong union down the line.

Ireland will be a threat, not 100% convinced of their depth.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Most of the current problems in Saffer rugby aren't caused by the rugby fraternity in that country, they're caused by interfering politicians. I feel for my rugby brothers in SAf.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Most of the current problems in Saffer rugby aren't caused by the rugby fraternity in that country, they're caused by interfering politicians. I feel for my rugby brothers in SAf.

That is very likely true, but they do have a few players whose games really are outdated and fairly ineffectual. I am referring to Schalk, De Villiers and Habana mostly, but also Matfield, Du Preez and Pinaar. Maybe even one or both of the Du Plessis's. In my view, they really need to renew their playing roster by discarding most if not all of these. I will concede however that Matfield had a pretty strong game against Japan.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Any CC team will beat Japan 9 out of 10 times, but not this old age pankop squad of Meyer. Its so easy to single them out but I'll start with Kirschner & Coenie. In the meantime Kitshoff just carry on his form while Kirchner wont make any CC side.

FdP and Graatjie Pienaar still kick over the top , high kick and charge, high kick and charge. Thats all they know.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
its sad to see a country get behind the Springbok on the friday and dead like the grave on saturday night. Its sad to see 7 year olds wearing the Springbok jersey. Meyer has killed the Springbok, painfully.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Heykene Meyer has killed the Springbok. Peter de Villiers should still have coached the team.

Stop the crazy talk. Peter de Villiers should never have been near the Bok team. He attended a meeting where they burned the Bok jersey, for crying out loud.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Stop the crazy talk. Peter de Villiers should never have been near the Bok team. He attended a meeting where they burned the Bok jersey, for crying out loud.
Trust me a lot of people feel the same this monday. He would not have been if they kept him as coach. You should rather stop backing Meyer who dont have a clue about coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.