• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 S15 Refs panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
IIRC there were a few fairly obvious scrum penalties which should have gone against the ABs in the last 20 mins, but weren't given.

That aside IMO he is the best in the business at the moment.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Aussie refs get the chop.
R365
SANZAR refereeing boss Lyndon Bray has pulled no punches over the poor standard of refereeing in recent weeks.
Although Bray, the SANZAR Game Manager, did not name individuals, it is noteworthy that Australian Rohan Hoffmann is conspicuous by his absence from the main appointments this week.

Hoffmann has been widely criticised for his handling of the Waratahs' 33-18 win over Sharks in Sydney at the weekend.
He has been dropped to the 'bench' - where Hoffmann will be an assistant in the encounter between the Western Force and Highlanders in Perth.

Another Australian match official, TMO George Ayoub, has been dropped from the matchday group altogether after his contribution to the match-official farce that took place between the Waratahs and the Sharks last week.

In a media release SANZAR confirmed they had the opportunity to "review each match" and announce referee appointments for the forthcoming weekend.

"While we acknowledge that the match officials cannot get it right all of the time, there are some basic standards that have simply not been upheld over this past weekend," Bray said.

This, he added, resulted in some disappointing decisions and selection consequences.

"A thorough and robust system is in place whereby the development and performance of each match official is reviewed by SANZAR and its member unions on a daily basis and like any athlete participating in elite competition, our referees are accountable to performance levels for the competition," Bray said.

"Appointments are made weekly based on performance reviews from the previous round but also includes an evaluation of the current form of each official over the term of the competition.

"We have completed our reviews from the weekend and have followed strong internal processes as we prepare our team to reach their physical, mental and technical peaks as we head into the critical last four rounds of the regular season and Super Rugby play-offs.

"Public confidence in match officials is essential to the ongoing success of our product and we will continue striving to enhance the quality and accountability of refereeing across all SANZAR competitions."

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^ a similar fate appears to have befallen Messers Jackson & Munro following the 'canes v Chiefs refing fiasco: Jackson listed to AR Chiefs v Bulls & no sign of Munro whatsoever.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Every circus needs a clown.

image.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^ a similar fate appears to have befallen Messers Jackson & Munro following the 'canes v Chiefs refing fiasco: Jackson listed to AR Chiefs v Bulls & no sign of Munro whatsoever.

Confirmation of Munro's fate:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...d-as-sanzar-rebukes-its-super-rugby-officials

^^^^
You're starting to concern me more than Dismal Pillock.

Well they do say it's the quiet ones you've really, really gotta watch out for........

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
1st round of finals appointments are out. SANZAR clearly don't appreciate the neutral referee concept even at this stage of the competition.

Very strange. Times are SA times.

Saturday, June 20
Highlanders v Chiefs, Dunedin - 09:35
Referee - Chris Pollock
AR1 - Nick Briant
AR2 - Mike Fraser
TMO - Aaron Paterson
Stormers v Brumbies, Cape Town - 17:05
Referee - Jaco Peyper
AR1 - Craig Joubert
AR2 - Jason Jaftha
TMO - Deon van Blommestein

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1st round of finals appointments are out. SANZAR clearly don't appreciate the neutral referee concept even at this stage of the competition.

I'm a bit each way on this. I tend to think neutral referees are less important and the best referees do the best job regardless of which teams they are officiating.

I certainly understand SANZAR's thinking that if they don't consider neutral referees to be integral to the rest of the competition there's no point bringing it in for the finals. Either it's needed all the time or it's not.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
For the finals, I'd like to see the best refs this season get the reffing and AR gigs. Maybe this is the case, but if so SANZAR and I disagree on who are the best refs.

This week they've gone with refs from the host country in each case. If they do that next week then Angus Gardner is probably the favourite but I suspect that next week it will be Joubers and Pollock, with Joubers getting the final. Not a bad outcome all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.