• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015S15 Saffer derbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Pollard is just the last in a long line.
Actually think Pollard is going great guns at the moment for the Bulls. Maybe you need to watch more Saffer matches.

I am more worried about Meyers hate for smaller players. Brussouw will be my first pick for the Bokke.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I love quoting myself. Chalk looked great at 1st receiver when he came on. Suddenly the Stompies had some zip.

Cat Killer is still walking back to Cape Town he was that deep again.
Look at the S15 log. Thought you'd be happy with the Stormers Light 5 scrumming performances of late.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Look at the S15 log. Thought you'd be happy with the Stormers Light 5 scrumming performances of late.

Yes.

The log is a true reflection of the conference. No doubt about that. We sucked but we are getting better. The Sharks just suck.

I have always wanted the Stomps to do well (except when they play us) but I fear that they will again tease me. We've seen this before. A great start bur the wheels come off when they need another gear.

"Championship winning flyhalf" and "Cat Killer" don't go together for me. Just don't. I just don't rate the kid. He plays in a system and is asked to execute the basics.

Go back in all the teams that have won the comp. They have all had great or at least very good 10's. Cat Killer does not live in that same Universe.

I refuse getting excited about the Stomps until they wake up to this reality. You needed a ten that can mix it up but your coaches just don't get it.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Yes.

The log is a true reflection of the conference. No doubt about that. We sucked but we are getting better. The Sharks just suck.

I have always wanted the Stomps to do well (except when they play us) but I fear that they will again tease me. We've seen this before. A great start bur the wheels come off when they need another gear.

"Championship winning flyhalf" and "Cat Killer" don't go together for me. Just don't. I just don't rate the kid. He plays in a system and is asked to execute the basics.

Go back in all the teams that have won the comp. They have all had great or at least very good 10's. Cat Killer does not live in that same Universe.

I refuse getting excited about the Stomps until they wake up to this reality. You needed a ten that can mix it up but your coaches just don't get it.
Nick Mallet made a good point, wanting Kolbe to move to 9, where he play in 7s. Show a few clips of him from the match playing in the position and looked quite nippy around the frindges, whats your thought about this?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Nick Mallet made a good point, wanting Kolbe to move to 9, where he play in 7s. Show a few clips of him from the match playing in the position and looked quite nippy around the frindges, whats your thought about this?

Anything to bring the kid more into the game. The more time he can have the ball the better.

Didn't know he played there.

I'd love to see them try it.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Cheetahs won the first one in Durban, wont be surprise if they do it again in Osfontein. This is the best Cheetah team for a long time. Excellent bench.
Cheetahs team: 15. Willie le Roux, 14. Cornal Hendricks, 13. Johann Sadie, 12. Francois Venter, 11. Raymond Rhule, 10. Joe Pietersen, 9. Sarel Pretorius, 8. Boom Prinsloo, 7. Jean Cook, 6. Tienie Burger, 5. Francois Uys (captain), 4. Carl Wegner, 3. Coenie Oosthuizen, 2. Torsten van Jaarsveld, 1. Danie Mienie.
Replacements: 16. BG Uys, 17. Stephan Coetzee, 18. Maks van Dyk, 19. Heinrich Brussouw, 20. Steven Sykes, 21. Tian Meyer, 22. Willie du Plessis, 23. Clayton Blommetjies.

Sharks under the pump here.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Yes.

I think Coleman looked pretty good last night, so maybe Coetzee is listening.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Thought Colman was crap in second half. Between him and Schreuder, the kicking cost the Stomps.

Ironically they would have had a better chance of winning this game with Cat Killer at 10.

Meanwhile PS du Toit is out for the season for the second year running. Same knee as last year. Cruel.

Now we are back where we were last year. No competition at 5 so Vic will start the World Cup games. We need Flip vd Merwe to make a good comeback and Etsebeth to stay healthy.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
That was a good game between the Lions and the Blues. Glad the Lions pulled it off.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Lions deserved that win. The only decent south African team going at the moment. I can't believe they are getting another team next year. If anything they should get docked a team lol

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sharks v Bulls @ Growthpoint KINGS PARK, Durban
Saturday, April 18
Kick-Off17:05
RefereeJaco Peyper
AR1Marius van der Westhuizen
AR2Archie Sehlako
TMOMarius Jonker

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Shorks vs Bulls.

How much arm guard and arm taping were the Bulls players using?

Looked like some cricket batsmen.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
This weekend its the BIG SA clash on Newlands, its north vs south, its Bull vs Stormers. First sold out crowd for 2015.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
I've resigned to the fact that we will lose this one. We don't have the penetration to make progress against the massive Stormers defence, and our only hope is penalties, which they don't concede in excessive amounts either.

On the other hand, our scrums are puke-worthy, whilst the Stormers have one of the best in the tournament, so they'll be on the front foot all the time.

Combine that front foot ball with our natural tendency to have poor defence out wide, and seemingly always outnumbered there, and Kolbe, it's gonna be a whole long afternoon on the backfoot.

Our most realistic best case scenario is to pick up a bonus point, which we'll be lucky to do.

We struggled to beat a Sharks team in dire straits this weekend, and our breakdown wasn't nearly secure enough. If we don't work on that HARD this week, it could easily be 50 points.

And then we still have to tour in a few weeks. Eina. If we can make the top 6, it'll be a good recovery, especially after the first 2 weeks.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Brutes using tape and arm guard to hide their streoids injection marks, Spies & kie will be hungry to revenge their early loss at Floptus. Brutes by 60 now.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Stormers are tired after their tour. Pollard on form will take us to the cleaners. Bulls by 55.

Brutes using tape and arm guard to hide their streoids injection marks, Spies & kie will be hungry to revenge their early loss at Floptus. Brutes by 60 now.

Aufkleber_Trollface.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.