• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Commentator "There's a try for the forwards... In fact it is the scrum half Harrison Goddard."

Lol, Australia leading 7-0 after 25 minutes.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Happy to go in only a converted try down.

On the basis of the earlier game, the wind is playing a reasonable part, and when your boys actually used it, it was pretty damn effective.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Half time Australia 10 (Harrison Goddard 1try, 1 conversion & 1 penalty) Scotland 3 (Connor Eastgate 1 penalty)

I have been impressed with the Aussies work at the breakdown when the Scots have the ball.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
A better ref would have been giving a couple of penalties against Wright.

Brilliant timing, but always has the elbows on the ground or the tackled player.

Fix that up and he'll be a future International for sure.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Happy to go in only a converted try down.

On the basis of the earlier game, the wind is playing a reasonable part, and when your boys actually used it, it was pretty damn effective.

Good call Highlander35 Eastgate's kicking has been very important so far in second half.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
A fair few similarities with yesterday's game. I am a big fan of Stewart but he looks the weak link in the Australian team. Too deep, constantly just shuffling balls and kick options poor. Good education for the kid tho.

T

TOCC

Oz need a second playmaker, Scotland is applying enormous pressure to Stewart and its disrupting the whole backline, plenty of good ball runners for Australia but only the one playmaker.

T

TOCC

A fair few similarities with yesterday's game. I am a big fan of Stewart but he looks the weak link in the Australian team. Too deep, constantly just shuffling balls and kick options poor. Good education for the kid tho.

I wouldn't say he is the weak link, he is the playmaker of the backline and he is getting targetted effectively, he needs players like Tuipulotu or McNamara to alleviate some of the pressure and make themselves another option.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Not whinging too much here, but there is something about dark colours (Scotland & nz); we grab around neck collapse a mural penalty; Scotland do it play on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Oz need a second playmaker, Scotland is applying enormous pressure to Stewart and its disrupting the whole backline, plenty of good ball runners for Australia but only the one playmaker.

He needs to flatten up his play and bring his big runners into the game, a few inside balls wouldn't go a miss. He's just shuffling the ball, not directing play or being a play maker. He's just shuffling the ball doing neither. It's like watching a video game with the side to side tactics

T

TOCC

He needs to flatten up his play and bring his big runners into the game, a few inside balls wouldn't go a miss. He's just shuffling the ball, not directing play or being a play maker. He's just shuffling the ball doing neither. It's like watching a video game with the side to side tactics

can't pass to runners who aren't there, they set up to shift it wide and that's there only game plan. Scotland like Italy are using rush defence to shut down the outside backs and the Australians don't shift their point of attack, just keep the same running lines.

its a problem with this backline, Tuipulotu isn't a 12, and Perese isn't a 13, they both should have been shifted one position out, this team needs a second playmaker.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
They aren't there because the ball isn't been taken to the line. He took the line on more against Italy in the second half with massive results. If the 10 isn't going forward the others won't.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Perese and tuipulotu are easy targets 2/3 out with the rush d. The wingers have also barely touched the ball.

T

TOCC

Ok, the outside backs are running great lines, it must all be the 5/8's fault

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
One think we can take out of this is that our forwards are up with the best. However our backs (except for Goddard) are lill bit behind especially with speed n space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.